Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:30:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466177 times)
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 08:08:25 AM

I've been holding bags of dust and empty promises since the dump in 2017-2018. It was my first time getting into this Crypto atmosphere. The one lesson I have taken from it is that this coin is truly a copy and worthless. Charlie lee knew exactly when to get out. He had more access to personal trades through ledgers that the average person doesn’t have access to. Actually i am waiting for the detail of MimbleWimble then how other things go on. After that, it will need consensus and this process can take months before the code actually develops. I still stand on "More patient, More gain" and will hold for another year at least.
The "dump" is normal in crypto. This is not the stock market or forex. It's more akin to penny sock which is easily manipulated, huge highs and lows, filled with scams and pump and dumps. If you don't understand that or can't handle that, then this is probably not for you.

Litecoin is one of the oldest coins and despite all the people claiming it dead or dieing over the years, it's still here and doing far better than 100s of others that have come and gone. When bitcoin fees were super high prior to the segwit stuff, people used coins like litecoin and doge to transfer their funds around instead of bitcoin. Eventually bitcoin fees will be high again and people will once again turn to coins like this. Litecoin is bitcoin silver and has never pretended to be anything other than that. It wasn't all that long ago it was like $2-$4. You just happened to have gotten in at the wrong time as you bought on the hype.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 01:45:13 PM

I've been holding bags of dust and empty promises since the dump in 2017-2018. It was my first time getting into this Crypto atmosphere. The one lesson I have taken from it is that this coin is truly a copy and worthless. Charlie lee knew exactly when to get out. He had more access to personal trades through ledgers that the average person doesn’t have access to. Actually i am waiting for the detail of MimbleWimble then how other things go on. After that, it will need consensus and this process can take months before the code actually develops. I still stand on "More patient, More gain" and will hold for another year at least.
i think when Charlie lee get out from litecoin we should be out too but who know the future that was just the luck of Charlie lee that what he think was right
maybe in future litecoin will do best and break all time high price limit or maybe its will go down. nobody knows the crypto and people's mood
Charlie is not out and it is possible that LTC will reach ATH but don't know about time but LTC following BTC price so when BTC will start go up then hope LTC will also rise, current situation of LTC price is stable around $55 let's see litecoin goes up or down!!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:29:32 PM

I'm afraid without Mimblewimble and some other stuff to differentiate LiteCoin from other Alts....well...we are doomed without a combination of the two

I just mentioned. Past the point where LiteCoin needs to have some development tricks outside out of the 95% or more simply following Bitcoin Cores

development team leads. Without striking out on its own, IMHO, LiteCoin will be made redundant I'm afraid. LTC needs to stake some stuff out as its own

...like Mimblewimble to start.....in the past, it has been too much Robin and not enough Batman! Smiley

Brad

Charlie Lee did not sell all of his Litecoin.
And the possible introduction of Mimblewimble into the blockchain. Also, do not forget that this is the second cryptocurrency, it is called digital silver. Litecoin will be the future.

I'm afraid the scam fork coins are bitcoin cash and bitcoin SV are the bitcoin silver now. Due to the fact of the forking and their current price. Not fair. But IMHO, Litecoin

is no longer the Silver to Bitcoin's Gold anymore. They need to differentiate from Bitcoin more with their own development needs like with Mimblewimble. Also how about

some PR on Litecoin besides the old saw of 'silver to gold'. I mean I see spam coins with more PR skills than Litecoin has. Just saying being a 'quiet' altcoin with no

new development to differentiate yourself from the rest of the altcoin herd is gone the way of the dodo I'm afraid. The LTC Foundation needs to step things up.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Viper1

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 12:43:06 AM

I'm afraid without Mimblewimble and some other stuff to differentiate LiteCoin from other Alts....well...we are doomed without a combination of the two

I just mentioned. Past the point where LiteCoin needs to have some development tricks outside out of the 95% or more simply following Bitcoin Cores

development team leads. Without striking out on its own, IMHO, LiteCoin will be made redundant I'm afraid. LTC needs to stake some stuff out as its own

...like Mimblewimble to start.....in the past, it has been too much Robin and not enough Batman! Smiley

Brad

And the possible introduction of Mimblewimble into the blockchain. Also, do not forget that this is the second cryptocurrency, it is called digital silver. Litecoin will be the future.

I'm afraid the scam fork coins are bitcoin cash and bitcoin SV are the bitcoin silver now.
Bitcoin Cash had a successful 51% double spend attack occur on it a few months ago. It's too centralized in it's mining. Bitcoin SV is even worse. So only the naive that don't understand these sorts of things would think they are good coins and bitcoin silver. I don't see how those coins have any future when there network is so weak, that they can be attacked like that. But I guess most people are too stupid to understand those sorts of things which is why they're still sticking around. Well. I would think SV getting kicked off some exchanges sort of signals that it's probably going to be dieing off.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 01:36:00 AM

Brad

I'm afraid the scam fork coins are bitcoin cash and bitcoin SV are the bitcoin silver now.
Bitcoin Cash had a successful 51% double spend attack occur on it a few months ago. It's too centralized in it's mining. Bitcoin SV is even worse. So only the naive that don't understand these sorts of things would think they are good coins and bitcoin silver. I don't see how those coins have any future when there network is so weak, that they can be attacked like that. But I guess most people are too stupid to understand those sorts of things which is why they're still sticking around. Well. I would think SV getting kicked off some exchanges sort of signals that it's probably going to be dieing off.

yet in both the above cases bch and bsv their price is much more than Litecoin. I agree with what you say, but I'm saying as 'forks' that people do not peel off of their BTC chain

that gives them an edge over litecoin. There are no other edges I can see in why these two bitcoin clones are worth more than Litecoin. So Litecoin seems less silver to bitcoin's

gold now and more copper to bitcoin's gold now. I don't like it. But if you are using USD as a metric of success for crypto, it seems, unfortunately at this time to be the case.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Viper1

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 01:50:23 AM

Brad

yet in both the above cases bch and bsv their price is much more than Litecoin. I agree with what you say, but I'm saying as 'forks' that people do not peel off of their BTC chain

that gives them an edge over litecoin. There are no other edges I can see in why these two bitcoin clones are worth more than Litecoin. So Litecoin seems less silver to bitcoin's

gold now and more copper to bitcoin's gold now. I don't like it. But if you are using USD as a metric of success for crypto, it seems, unfortunately at this time to be the case.
Price is immaterial when you've failed at one of the core tenants of crypto. The value of that coin "should" be zero at this point.

I do understand what you're saying, but you're looking at things "today". As we've seen with SV, it just took a major hit and a year from now could be practically dead. Same thing can happen to bitcoin cash or it can just continue on just as litecoin has. Keep in mind that the bitcoin cash price was basically spun off from the bitcoin price at the time. It did not earn it on it's own merit. Litecoin cash however, has. Regardless, this stuff is far to young to be making any declarations as to what the real outcome will be.

lestherat
Legendary

Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:09:40 AM

Litecoin still have more than 98% of total scrypt hash, so after Bitcoin, Litecoin is the most secure crypto coin on the planet.

Litecoin is totally undervalued coin, but well, all crypto scene needs more confidence again, so far Litecoin is traded on all crypto exchanges, in around 5 minutes your transfer

is confirmed, the price is almost the same on all exchanges, and the fees for withdraw is around between .1 to .5 usd

I use to mine Litecoin, so bad at this price mining doesnt cover even half of the electricity bill, but i really really like Litecoin, i hope better times comes to all of us.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:30:25 AM

Litecoin is the result of some of us who joined together on IRC in an effort to create a real alternative currency similar to Bitcoin.  We wanted to make a coin that is silver to Bitcoin's gold.  Various alternative currencies have come and gone.  Some brought innovation, but they all had problems.

• ixcoin - Nasakioto premined 580k coins. Seemed like a pump and dump. Competed with Bitcoin for GPU resources - Dead (~2 gh/s)
  • i0coin - Basically ixcoin without the premine. Not much support was given to this coin after it was released. - Dead (~5 gh/s)

Maybe you're wrong about those two though, Charles.

1. You won't find Charlie on this thread.
2. He's not wrong:
- They're both perfectly dead. No one is using them (transactions). No one is trading them. Dead...
- It looks like there was an attempt to revive ixcoin in 2018. It failed...

I'm here every now and then.  Cheesy

Sancho18

Activity: 728
Merit: 368

Sancho

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 04:32:02 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2019, 07:59:19 AM by Sancho18

I'm here every now and then.  Cheesy
Hi Charlie! Smiley
I am glad to see you here, I congratulate you with the successful halving and on the fact that the miners did not stop supporting the litecoin network after that. Litecoin is one of the few altcoins in the future of which I believe. Good luck, you're awesome!

Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 07:10:16 AM

Well butter my biscuit, the legend returns Smiley You could make your appearances more frequent.

This thread is super hilarious. You get an epic "I really like this ICO, are there any bounties?" on every other page. Well worth following daily Wink
Sancho18

Sancho

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 08:17:34 AM

This thread is super hilarious. You get an epic "I really like this ICO, are there any bounties?" on every other page. Well worth following daily Wink
Sorry if I made your ass heat up with my previous message, but not every day a large fish floats to the surface from the depths, and I could not just ignore it and not say a few kind words as an expression of respect. I hold my LTC usually silently. I will try to be more restrained in the future, once again I'm sorry. Smiley

Totscha

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 10:30:53 AM
Merited by Sancho18 (1)

Sorry if I made your ass heat up with my previous message, but not every day a large fish floats to the surface from the depths, and I could not just ignore it and not say a few kind words as an expression of respect. I hold my LTC usually silently. I will try to be more restrained in the future, once again I'm sorry. Smiley

My post was not aimed at you. I see nothing wrong with what you wrote. Not really sure what gave you that idea, but I forgive you.  Grin

I was focusing on n00bs that:
- have no idea what crypto is
- don't bother to read the OP
- just assume it's all about ICOs and bounties
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 05:17:13 PM

Litecoin is the result of some of us who joined together on IRC in an effort to create a real alternative currency similar to Bitcoin.  We wanted to make a coin that is silver to Bitcoin's gold.  Various alternative currencies have come and gone.  Some brought innovation, but they all had problems.

• ixcoin - Nasakioto premined 580k coins. Seemed like a pump and dump. Competed with Bitcoin for GPU resources - Dead (~2 gh/s)
  • i0coin - Basically ixcoin without the premine. Not much support was given to this coin after it was released. - Dead (~5 gh/s)

Maybe you're wrong about those two though, Charles.

2. He's not wrong:
- They're both perfectly dead. No one is using them (transactions). No one is trading them. Dead...
- It looks like there was an attempt to revive ixcoin in 2018. It failed...

Litecoin needs to get some legit PR going on what is going on with development. I mean toot your own horn. Also, you need a lot more than Mimblewimble for

breaking some traditions with Bitcoin. You need some hooks beyond Mimblewimble, that makes LTC unique again. I fear the forks like BCH and BSV have

an in-built advantage to HODL in that large wallets (on paper anyway) just leave these ride without a cashout. Indeed with IRS guidelines coming, you'd be foolish

to touch these coins at all as a cash-out. My CPA says to leave them be. So even if folk want to dump, with 2014 Tax IRS guidelines and upcoming they just

sit on wallets adding to the mystique of fork coins. This complicates Litecoin getting a level playing field. So more PR on what you are actually doing long

term beyond Mimblewimble to stand out from Bitcoin. Sure, continue to do the Bitcoin Core updates...but you guys need to step it up big time. If the price

dump and mining dump has not told you this much, then I fear little hope of Litecoin getting back to Silver to Bitcoin's Gold. Again, IMHO.

Brad

BossBee

Activity: 681
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 09:22:45 PM

Litecoin still have more than 98% of total scrypt hash, so after Bitcoin, Litecoin is the most secure crypto coin on the planet.

Litecoin is totally undervalued coin, but well, all crypto scene needs more confidence again, so far Litecoin is traded on all crypto exchanges, in around 5 minutes your transfer

is confirmed, the price is almost the same on all exchanges, and the fees for withdraw is around between .1 to .5 usd

I use to mine Litecoin, so bad at this price mining doesnt cover even half of the electricity bill, but i really really like Litecoin, i hope better times comes to all of us.

Lies Litecoin is not the most secure coin. I can name one that is far more secure but I'm sure that name is forbidden on this thread  Wink

.1 - .5 usd that's expensive lol 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Sancho18

Sancho

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 04:02:49 AM

Lies Litecoin is not the most secure coin. I can name one that is far more secure but I'm sure that name is forbidden on this thread  Wink

.1 - .5 usd that's expensive lol 
Come on? Are you really so awkwardly hinting at the “Elusive Joe” that no one can catch because no one needs him? Smiley

I agree with the opinion expressed above that a litecoin needs to actively develop its own vector in order to maintain and strengthen its status. Staying in the shadow of bitcoin is safe, but there are already too crowded from the abundance of forks.

Viper1

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 04:56:23 AM

Lies Litecoin is not the most secure coin. I can name one that is far more secure but I'm sure that name is forbidden on this thread  Wink
This thread is not self moderated as, unlike so many, I would think they welcome frank serious discussion. I for one would like to know what you're referring and what you base that claim on so that I and others can look into actual facts and decide for ourselves.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:59:45 AM

Was there ever any proof that Charlie Lee sold all of his Litecoin?
I wonder if just said that he did it, but really still owns it Wink

Also what is going on with Litecoin and Dash, both had instamines?
https://beincrypto.com/charlie-lee-stirs-dash-instamine-controversy-attracts-scrutiny-to-litecoins-own-misgivings/

big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 07:17:47 AM

https://beincrypto.com/charlie-lee-stirs-dash-instamine-controversy-attracts-scrutiny-to-litecoins-own-misgivings/

I think that the selling story is true
It was sold at a very good market price and it was done to avoid any conflict of interest
It's obvious that he didn't sold the whole bag, but a mayor part has gone

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Totscha

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 09:02:16 AM

It was sold at a very good market price and it was done to avoid any conflict of interest

There was never any reason to need proof. He said it himself... Anyone seriously thinks he lied about that?
pressing207

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:42:39 PM

There was never any reason to need proof. He said it himself... Anyone seriously thinks he lied about that?
Do you think the price depends on it today?
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: