Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:16:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
ClintonJ

Activity: 103
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:38:50 AM

First of all i use hardware wallets in order to keep my coins safe and i never store my crypto in my phone even i don't use it also and i keep my coins in my another laptop. i believe my coins are safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heartwreck

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:59:58 AM

I think so, my wallets are physically secured because i keep my private key or password just with mine, i wrote it down on my notes.
Descon

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 11:03:54 AM

I usually keep the private keys and backup keys of my wallet in different places that only i know so if i lose the device i can still open it in another device

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
yhan2x

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:28:02 AM

My wallet are secure, my private key and password are save in different ways. So incase my device has been shut down. I have many copy to get it.
Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:14:03 PM

Of course, by making your private keys to yourself and never let anyone nor anybody have an access on where I jotted down my private keys and passwords. Additionally, I make sure that  my gadget where my bitcoin is installed isn't used by anyone except me.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
peterpeterpeter

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:28:03 PM

I think securing our coins in our devices is more easy and effective than holding fiat money from our wallet.
Eventhough it is too risky because of the possibility of being to be hacked.
But this is the best way. Keep in private and be careful.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:42:56 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?

Yes i'm keeping it safe.
I never use wifi when i'm going to login my wallet and always use my phone connection for secure.
Also i never save my password and private key on my laptop, i just remember it and wrote it in a piece of paper
CoonSoon

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:49:07 PM

I can't imagine whoever can get into cryptocurrency without appropriate security measures.
Coins in online wallets are vulnerable, so only hard wallets for hodling with all the keys stored in separate locations with trusted people.
BookssWorms

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:13:15 PM

I don't think a hacker could get to my mobile wallets because I try not to keep too much on a separate account and I don't really believe in hardware wallets. They seem like a scam to me. Nothing personal. I just don't believe they can seriously protect my assets.
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:53:43 PM

There is that line somewhere. Some people are living on one side and some on the other side of the line. A friend of mine doesn't care about security, he is thinking that there is no chance for his device to be compromised. I personally don't understand him and others thinking like that. I am pretty paranoid when talking about security in general. No need to have physical contact with device, one who knows can access it online. I didn't have reason for extra security but I am planing to collect coins in near future and I am planing to get one comp for that purpose only. I do hope that it will lower the chance for breaching my device security system.
ironman2014

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:47:06 PM

I'm having a ledger nano hardware wallet, but the funny fact is that I'm not using it because I'm a lazy ass, it's just lying on the shelf covered by dust, and only God knows is it working still or not, lol.

ButcherBRO

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:50:17 AM

I have seen some people whose coins were stolen and I won't recommend keeping your Bitcoin other than in a hw wallet. Ledger Nano S is my favorite.

edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 04:17:08 AM

Keeping your crypto coin safe is not a hard job to deal with there lots of ways to keep your coin safe and secure from hackers out there first is having a hardware wallet this is the most popular way of securing your coins because without any physical contact your coin will not be stole. Second wqy is backing up your PK in a safe and hard copy state never save it on text file in your computer. Third is using a trusted wallet online if you can't afford to buy a hardware wallet.

sd
EdwardClinton

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:52:42 AM

Yes, and it is a very simple process you just need to choose a good wallet and in this case hardware wallets are very secure though price is little high but coins become very secure.
edsnowangel

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 06:28:47 AM

Yes, and it is a very simple process you just need to choose a good wallet and in this case hardware wallets are very secure though price is little high but coins become very secure.

as what I tell I also agree with your comment this is a great thing to do when dealing with cryptos

sd
snowyy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:13:15 PM

No, I don't use physical store for the storage of my coins. I am using popular online wallets and some exchanges sites but you need to be extra careful and make sure to secure your private keys in the place where no one know about it.
ngusmin
Copper Member

Activity: 496

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:23:59 PM

I keep my private key safely on another device, and I think it's better and can be guaranteed security. And I only use it to open my wallet.

┏━━━━━━━━━ JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
│▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o l K i t z A I -  Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓│
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Tides_Network (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 08:44:45 PM

I keep my private key safely on another device, and I think it's better and can be guaranteed security. And I only use it to open my wallet.

Make sure to back up your private key elsewhere too! Just one device is not sufficient.

ICO-free decentralized health insurance project
https://t.me/tidesnetwork
https://www.Tides.Network
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:53:50 PM

The coins are suppose to be in the hardware wallet are the one we want to keep for a while but the coin we are trading with on daily basis have to be in exchangers we are trading because one minute matters alot in trading.
anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Yes I do. I have a Ledger Nano S in which I hold most of my Crypto Portfolio. I think it's much more safer than copying and pasting private keys or enterin with json files.

I also have some coins on Binance, but that's not too much. I don't trust exchanges. They always have to possibility to get hacked. There has been numerous exchange hacks over last few years of Crypto. Thus I recommend everyone to use a hardware wallet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: