Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:08:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Network hasrate gone way up!  (Read 1633 times)
mackminer (OP)

Activity: 348
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:32:32 AM

I assume somebody has shipped their new ASIC's. Any details?

Thanks.

1BFf3Whvj118A5akc5fHhfLLwxYduMmq1d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:18:26 AM

Well, I don't know if they have started shipping yet but I pretty much believe that they are in "testing phase"

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1A73ExsM2doRwTLp82rv5U36QHbBFmHD1X

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX

InCoinsITrust

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:14:46 PM

Maybe BFL is starting "testing" ?
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:22:16 PM

First one is highly likely KnC "Plan B" Farm

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
baller1

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:46:25 PM

2nd one has been speculated as KNC for awhile. and they've never denied it. It's assumed they've basically taken all their 28nm overstock and started mining. (Don't think that's their only address and pool they're using also)

Shadily Staying in compliance with their posted "promise" of not selling any products until Neptune to keep original purchasers ROI possible, and those interests in tact..  
Unfortunately mining for themselves instead, which completely undermines (no pun intended) this.  Even worse so.   And also flies in the face of their "promise" of never mining more than 5%.  Could be speculation, but it is interesting they've been mum on the whole subject.
Lies and more lies more likely.

Funny thing is KNC will most probably be regarded as a worse company for BTC than BFL when all the dust settles, although I'm sure many buyers who got left stranded will disagree..

KNC is completely skyrocketing the hash for short-term gains, while BTC price stays stagnant and declines, making people less and less interested in mining for themselves and spreading the network more evenly, and across many points, something essential to decentralization if you ask me.  The future will be centralized hot spots of hashing power, whether state backed or backed by investors.  Who will give out cloud shares as they seem fit and at their price.  Essentially another version of a hierarchical bank, bonds, or better yet a public stock.
frank754

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:06:06 PM

It's a shame that mining is getting less and less profitable for the small miner. Now that the price is way down, I'm only making about $3 a day with my cube miner, and it looks like a 24% diff increase in 8 days. Makes me almost regret getting into it. It's going up for sale on Ebay in another 6-8 weeks if things don't improve with the BTC price, at least folks are still paying $300-400 for them. At least I plan to keep my 3 GPU rigs, they are netting almost $400 a month combined on altcoins, but the $80 or so extra on my electric bill really sucks.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:15:22 PM

It's a shame that mining is getting less and less profitable for the small miner. Now that the price is way down, I'm only making about $3 a day with my cube miner, and it looks like a 24% diff increase in 8 days. Makes me almost regret getting into it. It's going up for sale on Ebay in another 6-8 weeks if things don't improve with the BTC price, at least folks are still paying $300-400 for them. At least I plan to keep my 3 GPU rigs, they are netting almost $400 a month combined on altcoins, but the $80 or so extra on my electric bill really sucks.

so you've netted more or less 220+ dollars a month for a little extra heat and a 1 hour a day to monitor it and you're still complaining?

1st world problems  Undecided

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:17:21 PM

I assume somebody has shipped their new ASIC's. Any details?

Thanks.

money invested in hardware was bound to make this happen anyway, why complain?

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:34:08 PM

2nd one has been speculated as KNC for awhile. and they've never denied it. It's assumed they've basically taken all their 28nm overstock and started mining. (Don't think that's their only address and pool they're using also)

Shadily Staying in compliance with their posted "promise" of not selling any products until Neptune to keep original purchasers ROI possible, and those interests in tact..  
Unfortunately mining for themselves instead, which completely undermines (no pun intended) this.  Even worse so.   And also flies in the face of their "promise" of never mining more than 5%.  Could be speculation, but it is interesting they've been mum on the whole subject.
Lies and more lies more likely.

Funny thing is KNC will most probably be regarded as a worse company for BTC than BFL when all the dust settles, although I'm sure many buyers who got left stranded will disagree..

KNC is completely skyrocketing the hash for short-term gains, while BTC price stays stagnant and declines, making people less and less interested in mining for themselves and spreading the network more evenly, and across many points, something essential to decentralization if you ask me.  The future will be centralized hot spots of hashing power, whether state backed or backed by investors.  Who will give out cloud shares as they seem fit and at their price.  Essentially another version of a hierarchical bank, bonds, or better yet a public stock.

I think KNC would have to start a war or kill a few people to go below BFL's public standing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: