Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:30:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of a happy monkey  (Read 201 times)
Quindie (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:08:47 AM

Every time I hear that another trader has committed suicide, I wonder why?  I read a note where death is presented on emotions and contrasts.  Ah, it was a well-known and successful trader.  Ah, I decided that my success at the stock exchange was due solely to my exclusivity.  Ah, took increased obligations.  Ah, I lost it.  Oh, tragically passed away.  To live and still to live ... Probably, and it is necessary to write articles-requiems.  But the essence is different.  Just a happy monkey died.  I explain why.  Trading can be broken down into rational and emotional components.  Our goal is to look for formulas and logical conditions that will be able to exploit the rationality of the market to our advantage.  We know about emotions what they are.  They are much more than rational.  We will never control them.  Emotions of the market at times will be for us, at times - against.  I measured the rationality of the market in several ways, and always got a result of 20-30%.  Hence, 70-80% of the market is emotion.
What we have.  If we can allocate a rational component of the market, then, on average, out of 10 coins, we will steadily take 2-3.  The remaining 7-8 coins will be distributed by the emotional market at their own discretion.  Want to - everything will add to your moneybox.  Wants - takes away, thereby taking away not only all the winnings, and leading you to a good loss.  When and how much you will fall from market emotions, no one knows.  On average, each of us will receive equally joys and sorrows from the market.  But those coins that were earned on the rational component of the market, will give a long-term win.  In the situation of market emotions, we become monkeys who, by pressing the keys, have no idea what they are doing.  But, if there are infinitely many monkeys, then there is the possibility that at least one of them will write "War and Peace".  This monkey will simply be luckier than her brothers.  And here there is a substitution of concepts.  If a trader has become a happy monkey, he will rather accept the idea of ​​his own exclusivity than the idea of ​​banal luck.  Wrong messages lead to wrong actions.  There are thoughts that it will be stable to drive and always.  Therefore, it is possible to increase risks and attract investors' capital.  In fact, when a lot and very lucky, you should expect that soon luck will end.  Profits will be replaced by losses.  There will be a question about "what to live on"?  And investors will want to return their money so much that they will go to any crime.  Moreover, the army of fans will very quickly throw off their idol from the pedestal.  Crushed emotionally, and even physically, a trader can not find a way out of this situation.  It's scary to trade.  How to repay debts is incomprehensible.  In addition to trading, nothing more can do.  So the next once a happy monkey dies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dr.2x

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:41:19 AM

This is sad. Even though the users face tough times in the market, this should not be the reason to end their lives. It is important to remember that there are silver lining in every cloud.
DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:30:04 PM

Trading is an emotional roller coaster ride.  I imagine with the intense market swings one could go from poor to rich back to poor again.  I assume that would be a crushing blow to a lot of people.  Sad they have trained us to live this material life. 

MidnightNugget

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:32:30 PM

These kind of news are very frustrating which affects people in a negative way. People should not invest their everything when they know it is a volatile market and anything can happen. So, before jumping into the market people should definitely calculate the risk and if they are think they cannot accept loss, it's better to stay away.
ResuLT

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:42:22 PM

Really? Trading is like gambling but it less risky than it since you are not loss your money in a minute, but you need to spend more time until you have enough profit to be sold.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 02:23:43 PM

Some would blame the system for cases like this. But they are so wrong! The system is an opportunity to make things right even if there are some rough roads along the way. Emotional distress is the result of wrong decisions. Who we are and what we have now is the result of our past decisions whether good or bad. Trading success or failures are results of decisions. Which is why we should prepare ourselves from the very start for whatever outcome that may happen.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:47:37 PM

i dislike formulating things like this. the market is not something you can simplify by categorizing it based on emotion or lack thereof. we are not robots so we have emotions and we can not get rid of them. but in the market what makes a trader successful and another a failure is that experience. the experienced trader knows what to do under different circumstances while the inexperienced newbie has no idea what to do and loses money. the good news is the newbie can turn into an expert only if he uses his brain and tries to gain experience.

by the way that was a very long wall of text which you could basically say in a couple of lines!

There is a FOMO brewing...
brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:57:23 PM

the reality is scary even i when i lost my money on trading i felt something is ripping in the inside of me, but right now i am removing my emotions in terms of trading, what i trade right now is the money that i will bet and there is a chance to lose. i hope my trades will be successful.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:44:11 PM

This is a very sad event. Truly some market conditions can frustration one to act in a way that is aweful. Please never over-invest , borrow to invest or invest what you can't afford to lose . please nothing is certain until it happens. Lets deal with it as such.
horse_white

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:52:12 PM

Some would blame the system for cases like this. But they are so wrong! The system is an opportunity to make things right even if there are some rough roads along the way. Emotional distress is the result of wrong decisions. Who we are and what we have now is the result of our past decisions whether good or bad. Trading success or failures are results of decisions. Which is why we should prepare ourselves from the very start for whatever outcome that may happen.

Yes, that's true, and it comes down to the idea of risk tolerance I think. Or risk intelligence perhaps. We should have great enough self-awareness and self-trust to know what is enough, and what is too much. These kinds of stories are sad examples of how easy it is to bite off more than one can chew. Especially in the thrill of the game, people can easily get carried away by these immense profits that can come with crypto (or any other form of trading, if done correctly). Trading is essentially a manifestation of emotions as we humans learn to face our fear or greed in it's ugliest form--money
hasimkamal

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:29:54 AM

That’s adorable story with the situation of a traders. I think this story able to remarks the situation of traders. But don’t be panic anytime because good will come after bad times.
QuebecBTT

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:39:17 PM

We need to be more patient and literate of the market and everyone needs to invest their money in portfolio theory where they will buy safe volatile investment 60%, less safe but potential investment 15%, and another percentage should be on random petty investments. Then an investor will not face any big loss and this kind of worthless and unexpected suicide thing won't happen. I say if you cannot take risk and pressure, stay out of this business.
LuckyHarriet

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:05:02 PM

Business can not be carried forward with passion. You have to understand the logic of the business. To understand the needs and graphs in the market to invest. Investing without understanding the speed and emotions of the market is more likely to lead to losses. So you have to do research on the market then invest in it.
joellogan

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 12:55:54 AM

My heartiest condolences to the news, but these attempts only make people frustrated over this forum.If losing some  BTC money BTC can make them commit suicide then they shouldn't have entered the market at the first place. Crypto investment is definitely not for the emotionally weak people. People should do proper research analyze and then invest, and accept a platform like this is volatile, so not risk everything they have, rather take small steps at a time and grow. Opportunities are huge but spread through a longer span of time. No one should bet their lives on it.
HeatherAdams00

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:48:40 AM

Being human then, of course, there will be emotion. There are many people who are affected by emotions and forget about their goals, strategies, or plans. It is the experience of clear mind and emotions that contribute to successful transactions
Cryptogames999

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

Help the victim scammed by ColdKey

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:34:33 AM

As a trader you have to be patience also never invest anything that you can't able to recover  again. I have invested some pocket money that I could may earn extra or may loss the money

SCAMMED 0.7+ BTC       ★   Charity Auction   ★      COLDKEY SCAM (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5434623.0)
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:53:48 AM

This is sad but it's true. It's real life. This happened since we trade stock, and now it continues with blockchain. Just hope you guys trade properly and happily Smiley
railyako

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:47:05 AM

I think what this comes down to is experience. When you have been a trader long enough, you would know the right things to do in times of certain situations. Experienced people will have differentiate making decisions rationally and not emotionally.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:50:04 AM

Every time I hear that another trader has committed suicide, I wonder why?  I read a note where death is presented on emotions and contrasts.  Ah, it was a well-known and successful trader.  Ah, I decided that my success at the stock exchange was due solely to my exclusivity.  Ah, took increased obligations.  Ah, I lost it.  Oh, tragically passed away.  To live and still to live ... Probably, and it is necessary to write articles-requiems.  But the essence is different.  Just a happy monkey died.  I explain why.  Trading can be broken down into rational and emotional components.  Our goal is to look for formulas and logical conditions that will be able to exploit the rationality of the market to our advantage.  We know about emotions what they are.  They are much more than rational.  We will never control them.  Emotions of the market at times will be for us, at times - against.  I measured the rationality of the market in several ways, and always got a result of 20-30%.  Hence, 70-80% of the market is emotion.
What we have.  If we can allocate a rational component of the market, then, on average, out of 10 coins, we will steadily take 2-3.  The remaining 7-8 coins will be distributed by the emotional market at their own discretion.  Want to - everything will add to your moneybox.  Wants - takes away, thereby taking away not only all the winnings, and leading you to a good loss.  When and how much you will fall from market emotions, no one knows.  On average, each of us will receive equally joys and sorrows from the market.  But those coins that were earned on the rational component of the market, will give a long-term win.  In the situation of market emotions, we become monkeys who, by pressing the keys, have no idea what they are doing.  But, if there are infinitely many monkeys, then there is the possibility that at least one of them will write "War and Peace".  This monkey will simply be luckier than her brothers.  And here there is a substitution of concepts.  If a trader has become a happy monkey, he will rather accept the idea of ​​his own exclusivity than the idea of ​​banal luck.  Wrong messages lead to wrong actions.  There are thoughts that it will be stable to drive and always.  Therefore, it is possible to increase risks and attract investors' capital.  In fact, when a lot and very lucky, you should expect that soon luck will end.  Profits will be replaced by losses.  There will be a question about "what to live on"?  And investors will want to return their money so much that they will go to any crime.  Moreover, the army of fans will very quickly throw off their idol from the pedestal.  Crushed emotionally, and even physically, a trader can not find a way out of this situation.  It's scary to trade.  How to repay debts is incomprehensible.  In addition to trading, nothing more can do.  So the next once a happy monkey dies.
As I suggest in my earlier post also that for now bitcoin is only a part time job as it is not legalised every where so one cannot rely completely on bitcoin for its livelihood, no doubt bitcoin has helped a lot of millions of people in finding their jobs and overcoming their poverty and helps earning their livelihood but still if we are investing your 100% in bitcoin, then you are a fool because in present scenario bitcoin could be a part time but in future when it get legalised globally you can think bitcoin as a full time job.
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:01:10 AM

One of the elements that govern crypto investment is volatility and according to economist one of the principles that guides one in risk taking and investment is that you should never take a risk that you can not afford to bear the loss, so having ignorantly break that law He has to pay the price which he has don by committing suicide.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:24:25 AM

This is sad. Even though the users face tough times in the market, this should not be the reason to end their lives. It is important to remember that there are silver lining in every cloud.
Some peoples problems are too much. some are to scared to seek professional help. this should be a more talked about subject , awareness should be raised.
Bandarbakso

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:21:38 AM

let that be the choice, the most important thing is we still survive
Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:26:07 AM

Good idea, I totally agree with you. There's nothing to add. The only thing that saddens me is the fact that these monkeys more and more every year. And not only in crypto, it happens in the stock market as well. "Traders" stopped thinking and began to press the keys when the indicator is green.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: