Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we doing enough to save the planet?  (Read 2295 times)
Impulseboy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:03:54 AM

There are plenty organizations that are very much committed in helping environmental issues, most of them study about the threats, but if most of the peoole are not doing the same things, it will probably affect nothing in restoring our environment, we shoul be doing something in our little own ways which will result as a domino effect that in the long run will help sustain our resources for the future generations to still see the true beauty of our world.

I agree. Some of us dont feel responsible for what is going on in our planet so those environmental causes may be useless if none or so little of us participate. For example, the cause to stop using plastic. A lot of companies and people have urged other people to stop using single use plastic, but are we doing it? They are little things but even a little will come along way than nothing.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
katelynsk

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:19:48 PM

No, we're doing enough to ruin the planet.

Only a small group of people is doing something to achieve the opposite effect (relative to the entire population of the Earth). The same can be said about the reduction of the population - while the population of some countries is reducing, the rest of them are returning everything to its places.

However, the planet has the necessary means to independently regulate its state. Therefore, the only ones who need salvation are people.
PoseidonF
Copper Member

Activity: 228
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:54:47 PM

While infrastructure and technology keeps advancing, our natural resources suffer. Sure there are people who tries to save our planet by diving into the water and collecting trash, or encouraging anyone to recycle or stop using plastic. But is it enough? If it is, then why are we still experiencing climate change? Could this be the start of the destruction of our planet?

NO WE ARE NOT!!

But here a solution to this, Poseidon Foundation a non-profit organisation committed to offsetting carbon footprints emissions using Stellar blockchain to implement trace-ability and transparency in our business model. Our mission is to empowers everyone, individuals, corporates, and governments, to participate in climate action in a novel way

Carbon Market has huge potential growth, currently worth £10 billion, experts suggest it will reach 185 billion in 2030, the main issue is that this market has high entry level.

Poseidon Foundation solves that issue by generating a new channel of demand through retailers. In fact customers are able to be notified of amount of emissions and are able to donate respective monetary value.

We already achieved great parterships in less than a year, our first pilot project with Ben & Jerry's flagship store in central London, which received a lot positive attention from press.

Also partnership with BAC MONO, first car manufacturer to go climate "positive, and with the government of Malta announced last week.

Last partnership was announced yesterday and it is with Liverpool city, first city to go climate "positive" by 2020

This is going to attract interest and also extremely help our cause to save precious forests and  trees, and  enable everyone to participate in climate "positive" actions.

website https://poseidon.eco/
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:34:50 PM

No, we are not doing enough because mitigation policies are not rightly directed. Global prosperity  comes at a huge expense of the natural environment. Ironically, poverty remains one of the root causes of environmental degradation globally. From the dwindling Amazon forest in South America to the expanding Sahara desert in Africa and the disappearing rain forests of central and western Africa, all are traceable to over exploitation by impoverished peasant populations struggling to make a living. We will still not be doing enough until global poverty is tackle head-on and reduced to the barest minimum particularly in Latin America and Africa.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:55:15 PM

This "we" is the cheat that is used to renounce individual responsibility. What are YOU doing...

for example :

Smiley
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:41:59 AM

This "we" is the cheat that is used to renounce individual responsibility. What are YOU doing...

for example :

Smiley

If recycling and making sure I throw trash in its proper place is not a start to try to be a good citizen then I do not know what is. It is not much, but if we only try to do something, even a small one, then it will make a difference.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:15:07 PM

Hmm, are we  Huh I don't think so as there is so much more we can do at a personal level for example really recycling the paper/plastic waste but also food is becoming a ew crisis especially in the western-world. We need to be more unified and care more about the planet that feeds us.
Descon

Activity: 61
Merit: 3

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 08:19:43 AM

I think we are not doing enough to save this planet. If we are doing enough this planet wouldn't need any saving
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:46:35 AM

The truth is, the planet is in a poorer state than people realize, there are several issues mounting that are not being properly addressed at the individual, corporate and governmental levels. A brief list of challenges that we face now, or will face shortly;

1. Greenhouse gas emissions
2. Pollution of the oceans
3. Extinction of natural wildlife
4. The energy crisis
5. The increasing scarcity of many natural resources
6. Overpopulation (possibly a non-issue if the rest are resolved)

In reality, everybody knows to some extent that their actions damage the environment or at least to some small part, make the future a little worse for everyone. However, people are selfish, they don't care about what makes the world better and hence the world continues along its current path towards oblivion. However, there are feasible solutions for all of the above, the only thing missing is the corporate or national will to achieve these. For example, here in the UK there was legislation passed to ban all combustion engine vehicles by 2040, which in my opinion is too little too late.

Governments are taking handouts from the corporations (or sponsorships) which gives them favorable treatment. If the world were truly looking for a solution, fossil fuel based power plants and vehicles would be outlawed within a decade or two, and there would be hefty fees for polluting the oceans and environment. Unfortunately, that's not the world we live in Sad
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:07:45 PM

Hmm, are we  Huh I don't think so as there is so much more we can do at a personal level for example really recycling the paper/plastic waste but also food is becoming a ew crisis especially in the western-world. We need to be more unified and care more about the planet that feeds us.

I have to agree with that. In a few years, we are going to ran out of food if we do not take care of our environment. There are oceans running out of fishes and other marine life, and a lot more are filled with trash. Segregating trash into their proper bins and eliminating the use of plastic, as well as recycling helps, but it is not enough. Sometimes, I wonder if all of us will ever get to do something to save our planet.
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 11:47:00 AM

While infrastructure and technology keeps advancing, our natural resources suffer. Sure there are people who tries to save our planet by diving into the water and collecting trash, or encouraging anyone to recycle or stop using plastic. But is it enough? If it is, then why are we still experiencing climate change? Could this be the start of the destruction of our planet?

I think we are doing more to destruct it. And the good things we do, don’t compensate the harm. Our planet’s forests, oceans and land soak up billions of tonnes of carbon that causes a climate change. Temperatures keep rising and soon, we will not be able to control the earth’s equilibrium. We can avoid the sad scenario but it's going to take a fundamental re-adjustment of our relationship with the planet. We need a total re-orientation of human values, equity, behaviour and technologies. We are going to have to get very busy with planting trees, protecting forests, working out how to block the Sun's rays and developing machines to suck carbon out of the air.
And, we should also think of “green mining”: revolutioniziong the energy efficiency, minimizing energy consumption, reusing waste energy etc
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

I think we are doing more to destruct it. And the good things we do, don’t compensate the harm. Our planet’s forests, oceans and land soak up billions of tonnes of carbon that causes a climate change. Temperatures keep rising and soon, we will not be able to control the earth’s equilibrium. We can avoid the sad scenario but it's going to take a fundamental re-adjustment of our relationship with the planet. We need a total re-orientation of human values, equity, behaviour and technologies. We are going to have to get very busy with planting trees, protecting forests, working out how to block the Sun's rays and developing machines to suck carbon out of the air.
And, we should also think of “green mining”: revolutioniziong the energy efficiency, minimizing energy consumption, reusing waste energy etc

You are right. If we start doing something to reverse the effects of global warming, it might alleviate the damage that we caused our planet. However, it might be too late already. Even if we all try to plant a treat everyday, it is still likely that the world will keep falling down, taking us all with it in the near future.
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:16:36 PM

i dont mean to sound negative, but i think the earth is beyond human redemption, man has done more harm than good to the planet. human activities like oil drillage, defrostation, nuclear weapon production and testing to mention but a few are the cause of natural disasters like earthquake, vulcanoe etc. man will not relent in it quest for tecnological advancement, as such the earth will keep degrading.
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:04:26 PM

i dont mean to sound negative, but i think the earth is beyond human redemption, man has done more harm than good to the planet. human activities like oil drillage, defrostation, nuclear weapon production and testing to mention but a few are the cause of natural disasters like earthquake, vulcanoe etc. man will not relent in it quest for tecnological advancement, as such the earth will keep degrading.

I am afraid you are right. We are all responsible for everything that is happening to our planet. The sad part is that not all of us feel that it is our fault and it will be too late when most of us start doing something to save the planet.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3192

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:07:04 AM

... but electric cars just export pollution, they don't decrease it.  ...

Not true. Electric cars use 50%-70% less energy than gasoline powered cars. To illustrate, consider that a gallon of gasoline contains about 30 kWh of energy. A typical car can go 20-30 miles on a gallon of gasoline. A hybrid might go 50 miles. A Tesla will go 100 miles.

Furthermore, the energy used by electric cars can be generated from non-polluting renewable sources.
ezajavo

Activity: 405
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:36:39 PM

As long we still produce pollution, garbage, and burning. in other countries it might be good, garbage is already in the system, but in other countries? developing countries that may still lack knowledge about the dangers of throwing garbage, and most importantly, get used to maintaining cleanliness from an early age. including getting used to maintaining health as well, because if we always choose healthy foods, maybe snack bins will be very little at home. including cigarettes and so on. yes that's just my opinion, cause i see it
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:02:41 PM

There are plenty organizations that are very much committed in helping environmental issues, most of them study about the threats, but if most of the peoole are not doing the same things, it will probably affect nothing in restoring our environment, we shoul be doing something in our little own ways which will result as a domino effect that in the long run will help sustain our resources for the future generations to still see the true beauty of our world.

I too would agree with this, I believe the "save the planet" process has to start at a personal
level. With all the recent updates and information that are more likely accessible now, there is
plenty of reason to get into it at home and the community. It's a losing battle if we don't
encourage awareness, there is so much more we can do to make things better in our planet.
AdoboCandies

Activity: 680
Merit: 173

Giggity

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:17:13 PM

Based on what I read earlier on some news that the ozone layer is healing itself that is a good news but I think the greatest problem in this world that we need to solve is overpopulation, especially in the third world countries even like the poor families even though they are poor they breed like rabbits seven children and above and there's nothing the government can do about that I would take India as an example "In India, 80 % of total plastic consumption is discarded as waste and official statistics say the country generates 25, 940 tonnes of plastic waste daily. At least 40% of this waste is uncollected" we are killing this planet slowly.
Impulseboy (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:28:11 PM

... but electric cars just export pollution, they don't decrease it.  ...

Not true. Electric cars use 50%-70% less energy than gasoline powered cars. To illustrate, consider that a gallon of gasoline contains about 30 kWh of energy. A typical car can go 20-30 miles on a gallon of gasoline. A hybrid might go 50 miles. A Tesla will go 100 miles.

Furthermore, the energy used by electric cars can be generated from non-polluting renewable sources.

How about smart cars like hands-free and self-driving cars. Do you think they are better than typical cars? Or are they worse because even though they have advanced features they have automatic transmission engines which means that they use more gasoline?
becak mesin

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:25:58 AM

No, I don't.
I am not doing much for saving our planet, but I try to do more and more. It is not a simple ways to do, as we know that the population pf human in any country is increasing significantly year to year. There are many ways taken and done by government to keep and decrease the growth population of human. Those all done is to save our planet because the growth population has huge impact to our planet.

I try begin from  my self and environment. I plant many trees in my home and recycle trash become a useful thing. The most important is keeping our environment clean and healthy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: