Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming MtGox Movement  (Read 6193 times)
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:56:00 PM

So they lied again ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Money Raccoon

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:28:47 PM

They said there will be an announcement. They haven't said what the announcement with entail.

Bitches just need to be patient and wait and see.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:54:59 PM

countdown begins

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:01:57 PM

Guys they have just a really slow typist. I gave em a call and withdrawals are being activated as we sit here.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:11:31 PM

Think about it, they have LOTS to gain by making a positive announcement tomorrow, and lots to lose by making another negative announcement.  They've already scared the market shitless last time, they got their cheap coins, so I'm sure the upcoming announcement will be as full of positive spin as they can manage.  I expect a positive announcement and an increase in price after Thursday.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
biafore

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:26:52 PM

Think about it, they have LOTS to gain by making a positive announcement tomorrow, and lots to lose by making another negative announcement.  They've already scared the market shitless last time, they got their cheap coins, so I'm sure the upcoming announcement will be as full of positive spin as they can manage.  I expect a positive announcement and an increase in price after Thursday.
+1
poikkeus

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:03:48 PM

My SEPA went through in 2 days. Got some cheap coins at $260 Tongue
Obi-Wan Coinobi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:06:28 PM

What time is it on the moon? (totally joking)  Grin
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:20:43 PM

My SEPA went through in 2 days. Got some cheap coins at $260 Tongue

You got an MTGox note payable in BTC for $260 per BTC promised. The question remains will MTGox pay?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:46:51 PM

thursday at latest.... that means thursday 7pm or later japan time.

the whole situation with gox is like a weekend at bernie's. mark and crew are pulling the strings, pupeteering bernie and trying to fool everyone into believing that he's still alive and well. 'look, we're allowing withdrawals again... they're capped to a small amount though, don't ask why.'

gox is doing their best to spin this, and honestly they're not doing too well, and this corpse is beginning to stink. investors, blinded by their greed, are willing to look past all these signs in order to get their hands on cheap coins. will it work in their favor? i'm thinking no, but time will tell.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:07:47 PM

the whole situation with gox is like a weekend at bernie's. mark and crew are pulling the strings, pupeteering bernie and trying to fool everyone into believing that he's still alive and well. 'look, we're allowing withdrawals again... they're capped to a small amount though, don't ask why.'

gox is doing their best to spin this, and honestly they're not doing too well, and this corpse is beginning to stink. investors, blinded by their greed, are willing to look past all these signs in order to get their hands on cheap coins. will it work in their favor? i'm thinking no, but time will tell.

People who are about as "inside" as you can get - Andreas/Roger  say they are very solvent.
Solarstorm75

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:35:13 PM

Mt Gox news will come up in few hours. My theory is that the price will go down in other markets.

Is it good news, Gox will come with the announcement in the morning 9 AM or 10 AM Tokyo time. Is it further mess around or bad news,  the Announcement will be in the eve (at latest possible time, 6 PM or 7 PM Tokyo time).

I'm expecting price drops on Stamp & BTC-E the later the hour, waiting on Gox's update.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:39:35 PM

If everything gets squared away you'd think the price would basically double.  That will take time though for people to be able to get their coins and cash out, and I doubt that will even be allowed to happen by Gox.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
dedcoin (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:33:15 PM

It's really paradoxal Smiley
I feel like we are paralysed, ant wont even know what to do when it starts ...
1- euphoria of gox liberation
2- the threat of dumpers looming

First bitcoin bought at $70
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:37:15 PM

http://localtimes.info/asia/Japan/Tokyo/widget/

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:48:53 PM

But Bernie gets laid, remember...  Smiley

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:41:04 PM

If they're going to start withdrawals on Thursday they'll probably begin doing them manually. Doing them manually means they'll have to start on Thursday morning to get through a significant amount of them. So if we don't hear an announcement within the next 5 hours don't expect withdrawals today.
jatajuta

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:52:24 PM

If they're going to start withdrawals on Thursday they'll probably begin doing them manually. Doing them manually means they'll have to start on Thursday morning to get through a significant amount of them. So if we don't hear an announcement within the next 5 hours don't expect withdrawals today.

I think it is impossible to manually process all the demand for withdrawals that will be.

It would be the same as no withdrawal.

Maybe they are testing manually since last week, but who knows  Undecided

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:52:44 PM

withdrawals won't start today, i can already tell you that. the only thing they said in the latest press release is "soon" and an update on thursday. i think the gox version of "soon" is perhaps a little different than the general public's version.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:56:15 PM

Mt Gox news will come up in few hours. My theory is that the price will go down in other markets.
Explanation:
The odds of MtGox being solvent are >50% in my opinion (~ 90%). Still it seems as the market is frozen and everyone is waiting for the price to go up. Which is ridiculous given the odds; everyone should be buying in the expectation of a crash up.

I believe that the good news (that might come up) are already priced in. I am strictly talking about non Gox.

We will see some manipulation to go up, followed by a crash to $500 and the downtrend will resume.

For those who are positive about gox but use stamp,btce etc. Are you buying like hell, and if not why?

I dont get why the price of Bitcoin should be affected in the least by Mt Gox, apart from the factor of arbitrage.

If Mt Gox allows withdrawals, the price on bitstamp, BTCe will go DOWN. If this is factored into the market, and mt Gox goes bankrupt, price will go UP on bitstamp, BTCe.

do you realise that if mood should determine that bad news entails down, and good news entails down (arbitrage) then the only way is down down down!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: