Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming MtGox Movement  (Read 6190 times)
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:59:59 AM

Absurdly appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzmrWONvxck&list=UUAAgMYqyzm_kT2tgI3HPE2A

filmed by Mark himself

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:36:21 PM

You would have thought they would have at least tried to say something positive. It's like they're doing this on purpose now.

Who would have thought, the biggest threat to bitcoin's future would be, not government, not bankers, but one of our own exchanges?

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
dedcoin (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:48:04 PM

You would have thought they would have at least tried to say something positive. It's like they're doing this on purpose now.

Who would have thought, the biggest threat to bitcoin's future would be, not government, not bankers, but one of our own exchanges?

Exactly.

The irony for BTC .. falling because of a financial institution.

First bitcoin bought at $70
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:02:27 PM

Anyone who uses gox after all this all sorts out is truly an idiot.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:07:58 PM

The next is Bitstamp and BTC-e !

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:21:58 PM

The next is Bitstamp and BTC-e !

+1

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:27:17 PM

See MtGox,
how it is possible, big international robbery without any help and without any legal responsibility.
Who was behind this     Huh

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Draino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:17:05 PM

This is not new.

MtGox under karpeles has displayed zero redeeming qualities and extreme incompetence for years now.

It was much scarier when they were the only exchange with any volume.  Thankfully, I actually managed to spot the obvious (finally) and not deal with gox for at least a year now, though I feel bad for people with their funds being held hostage by that fat turd.

He comes across as the worst type of nerd-- not particularly intelligent, or scholarly, or possessing any sort of critical thinking skills, but very gluttonous, obnoxious, arrogant, and so on.  He reminds me of Pee Wee's arch nemesis, Francis.  I just imagine him with heavy cream smeared across his face most of the day, yelling like a spoiled child when his staff reminds him that there's work to do, blaming the world around him for what is obviously his own stupidity.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:34:34 PM

If I had 100 000$ in cash at gox, I would buy now. Then I would spend every second on the Goxsite and refreshing. If the withdrawals work again, you should make sure, you are first.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
dedcoin (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:49:34 PM

If I had 100 000$ in cash at gox, I would buy now. Then I would spend every second on the Goxsite and refreshing. If the withdrawals work again, you should make sure, you are first.

You think they might still open at some point?
What scares me is that there is not information on when they will update the world next.

First bitcoin bought at $70
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:06:51 PM

Gox is burning so you might as well do the same with your $100,000. I sincerely hope they'll get their act together but even if they are solvent (which the market has priced in at odds of 3:1 against) their lack of communication is appalling and they deserve to sink, which no doubt they will under the weight of a bloated CEO. No one with self respect or intelligence should use Gox after this.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:13:03 PM

Gox is burning so you might as well do the same with your $100,000. I sincerely hope they'll get their act together but even if they are solvent (which the market has priced in at odds of 3:1 against) their lack of communication is appalling and they deserve to sink, which no doubt they will under the weight of a bloated CEO. No one with self respect or intelligence should use Gox after this.

Like I said. I would buy and get out my coins as fast as I can. For sure this is risky, every opportunity, where you can make a lot of money, is risky. But in my opinion the price at Gox is highly undervaluated. But maybe I am wrong. I am no prophet (and no cash. I would have to sell btc and transfer money to gox. This would take a week or so...)

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:24:34 PM

Like I said. I would buy and get out my coins as fast as I can. For sure this is risky, every opportunity, where you can make a lot of money, is risky. But in my opinion the price at Gox is highly undervaluated. But maybe I am wrong. I am no prophet (and no cash. I would have to sell btc and transfer money to gox. This would take a week or so...)

Fair enough. You pays your money, you takes your choice.
Myself, I'd take $100k in the hand over a 1-in-4 chance of $400k any day...
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:44:43 PM

$130 support breached, now sitting at 125 at Gox.

There's no way to keep the price from falling to 100s but I really wonder if we will see double-digits (ever).

So much fun!

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1122

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:51:55 PM

Already bought at USD$600.  Spent my whole investment budget for the current month.  I'm very happy with the purchase, and expect it to rise by 100% from current prices within a few months.

I just hope that if they go bankrupt and manage to crash prices to $400, they wait at least a month so I'll have budget to buy again.

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 06:11:14 PM

Got to say, Stamp's holding up well given that Gox is almost into double digits. Famous last words...
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 08:03:35 PM

hahaha or this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi413TRabpQ

He made a looooot of money he need to celebrate

CoinBrokers

Activity: 107
Merit: 100

FreeCoins.org

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 04:51:07 AM

The thing that amazes me the most is that there are people willing to risk fiat to get bitcoins at a discount, and the risk is high!

So what's good about this fiasco?
1. We are seeing a live response to a disaster, a free-market bailout.
2. People are willing to take high risk for bitcoin.
3. Disaster creates problems, and people will provide solutions fast in exchange for fair compensation.

The only way to accomplish this in our current system is to FORCE people to pay, through debt, for the mistakes of private companies.
Not to mention the inherent waiting for bureaucracy to act upon a time sensitive disaster as it happens.

So after all the gloom, take into consideration the positives before relying on emotion to make decisions, we are all winning in the long run!

zhangweiwu

Activity: 313

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

Think about it, they have LOTS to gain by making a positive announcement tomorrow, and lots to lose by making another negative announcement.  They've already scared the market shitless last time, they got their cheap coins, so I'm sure the upcoming announcement will be as full of positive spin as they can manage.  I expect a positive announcement and an increase in price after Thursday.

Think about it, they know they are so screwed up that a positive announcement tomorrow won't even keep their customers after-crash, and lots of cheap choins to buy / arbitrage by making another negative announcement. So predictable that the announcement is negative.

Nay, it's joking.. I didn't expect negative news.

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:17:18 PM

Think about it, they have LOTS to gain by making a positive announcement tomorrow, and lots to lose by making another negative announcement.  They've already scared the market shitless last time, they got their cheap coins, so I'm sure the upcoming announcement will be as full of positive spin as they can manage.  I expect a positive announcement and an increase in price after Thursday.

Think about it, they know they are so screwed up that a positive announcement tomorrow won't even keep their customers after-crash, and lots of cheap choins to buy / arbitrage by making another negative announcement. So predictable that the announcement is negative.

Nay, it's joking.. I didn't expect negative news.

All Gox has left now is spin, and they're not even doing that well. If it turns out their situation is better than people suspect and they are solvent (something the market estimated at 5:1 against earlier today) then they may retain some small amount of credibility. Not something I think will happen but there's a chance. But the way they've managed their PR should be the final nail in the coffin.

The sad thing is that there are enough people who will still give them a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance to keep them going as 'the world's most established Bitcoin exchange'.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: