Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can this feature solve most of the forum problems?  (Read 191 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:16:53 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2018, 01:31:32 PM by Ucy

There are complaints by some about the quality of the forum. They think people with poor grammar shouldn't be here. others think nothing is being done about low quality posters and spammers. I do not agree with those who wants people banned or punished for poor grammar.  I live in a society where people with poor grammar skills (whether in English or in their native languages) are usually the creative/science oriented ones (I don't know about other societies). Kicking them out wl be very unfair. There are lots of this people on Facebook, Twitter and other public platforms but you will hardly notice them because of how the platforms are structured.

Here is what I think may be wrong.

The forum is too conjested. We do not have much choice on what we see on here. Sometimes It feels like Posts/Contents are forced on us... In real World, you can easily avoid people with certain behaviors but you cannot do this on the forum. It is as if we are crammed together in a small space. This can be very traumatizing to the "sensitive ones".

Why don't we try the "Follow" Feature?

With the "Follow" feature, only posts from people you follow will be more visible to you. The feature should be optional. If you want more posts from people you follow to be visible you can simply adjust it on your settings. If you want post from random people to be less visible you can adjust it. You can always  adjust the settings to increase or reduce the visibility of certain posts.  
I would like followers to be anonymized If this idea is considered — I don't really need to know who my followers are.  I think this will encourage us to follow lots of people for more quality posts.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 02:36:10 AM

I would like followers to be anonymized If this idea is considered — I don't really need to know who my followers are.  I think this will encourage us to follow lots of people for more quality posts.

Are you suggesting that once following someone, you wouldn't be able to see the people you follow, or that others wouldn't be able to see the users who follow you.

I don't mind a follower system IF it's not public information. IE, no one can see who I follow. I feel like adding a public follow system would make the forum too much like a social network.

My only negative thought when it comes to follow system: The whole point of a forum is that everyone has an equal voice. If you start to follow members who you agree w/ and members who you support, then more and more rarely will you be exposed to ideas which you may not agree with. You're supposed to see posts you don't agree with on a forum, as that promotes debate which is entirely the point of a forum.

The forum is too conjested. We do not have much choice on what we see on here. Sometimes It feels like Posts/Contents are forced on us... In real World, you can easily avoid people with certain behaviors but you cannot do this on the forum. It is as if we are crammed together in a small space. This can be very traumatizing to the "sensitive ones".

The ignore feature is there for a reason. If a user demonstrates bad behaviour to the point where it negatively affects your feelings towards this forum, ignore them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: