Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - Update: dead HYIP, Refund progress: BTC-arbs still doing refunds  (Read 276776 times)
micers

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:30:38 PM

http://ns.myip.ms/info/whois/111.90.150.219  <= Located in Malaysia???
Was being reported earlier as being located in a Hostgator data center in Utah.
IIRC btc-arbs.com's offices were supposedly in the EU somewhere.
The server was known to be in Malaysia since day one. The site claimed they have their office in Switzerland (which is NOT in the EU) but this has been repeatedly deemed unlikely.
Thank you for that.

Ah, good news.  That server is *NOT* vulnerable to the Heartbleed attack.
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=btc-arbs.com

What are you talking about?Huh? Who cares about Heartbleed at this point. It is obvious they run with our BTC, wake up people.

There is no evidence for what you suggest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:34:52 PM

I mean you really need to take off your pink glasses.

There is no sane CEO/website owner/business owner in the world who would suffer this kind of malfunction and skip notifying his clients about it just being malfunction to be fixed.
Why? Cause he knows if he does not do that 99% of his clients s going to withdraw and run the moment he gets his website back online thus effectively destroying his business.

So during this 24 hours any normal webmaster would post a note, send a group email, anything. Do we have something? No. Accept it. They run.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
airwalker2662

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:42:00 PM

There is no sane CEO/website owner/business owner in the world who would suffer this kind of malfunction and skip notifying his clients about it just being malfunction to be fixed.
Why? Cause he knows if he does not do that 99% of his clients s going to withdraw and run the moment he gets his website back online thus effectively destroying his business.

So during this 24 hours any normal webmaster would post a note, send a group email, anything. Do we have something? No. Accept it. They run.

Just curious CrazyIvan... How much do you have invested?

Also, I bank with JP Morgan Chase. Pretty large company I'd say compared to BTC-Arbs. They commonly update their website and disconnect services from time to time to do so. I have never received an email from them, just a notification when visiting the site. Sometimes things go wrong, and they are down longer than expected without that instant notification. By your logic they are probably just scamming everyone and I should pull my funds from them too right?

Cronos7

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:43:14 PM

Sad... but true.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:45:23 PM

Also, I bank with JP Morgan Chase. Pretty large company I'd say compared to BTC-Arbs. They commonly update their website and disconnect services from time to time to do so. I have never received an email from them, just a notification when visiting the site. Sometimes things go wrong, and they are down longer than expected without that instant notification. By your logic they are probably just scamming everyone and I should pull my funds from them too right?

OK, let it be your way. I don't have much invested, made my last withdrawal 4 days ago so I ll live.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
micers

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:56:21 PM

OK, let it be your way. I don't have much invested, made my last withdrawal 4 days ago so I ll live.

I agree with you that they have been piss poor communicators in this.

I am a Computer Scientist with pretty a pretty good resume of system administration and network management.  I've been all over that server today and believe it to be secure. I have posted a lot of my thoughts earlier in the thread.

I don't think someone who wanted to abscond with the funds would even bother taking the site down.  Why do that when you could continue to milk it for an extended period?  Think about Mt.GOX, they stole A LOT of BTC by milking the system over more than a year.  Why just shutdown (actually break) the web site and leave all the other services running?  Also consider the recent extended outage at CoinEx.  That one looked bad for the first couple of days.

This looks a lot like a case of server admin fat fingers and business manager failure to communicate.

At this point unless someone knows how to contact the admin and get some information we will just have to wait.

and hope...
Cronos7

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:05:50 PM

It back online!  Grin
rmoraos

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:06:05 PM

I don't know if it is a scam, but calm down, it is online now !

Best Regards.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
            ████████████████████████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
jgm_coin

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:13:50 PM

I don't know if it is a scam, but calm down, it is online now !

Best Regards.

I'm taking my balance down to 0.4 BTC on there for the time being.  We need an explaination from them!

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
jagemo

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:20:32 PM

I'm gone let my money there, but there must be an explanation given, at least !!
I became 5 years older today...
Damn, but it's back and with that is the trust back...
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:25:31 PM

Yeah i trust them with my 0.3 btc. Let's see how much BTC i have left in a few months on there. It will either double or disappear in 70 days.

I think it's worth the risk, and even if i lose the 0.3 btc, i have a lot more anyway.
bad01nk

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:27:02 PM

LOL... reading this thread is hilarious,... site goes down for less than 24 hrs and the fan hits the shit!  Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Give the poor team a chance, and congratulate yourself on making an investment with a proper company; GO TEAM BTC-ARBS.COM
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:28:40 PM

It will be interesting what the result will be today... Good arbitrage opportunities, but possibly some distraction with the site being down... We shall see...
sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:40:15 PM

Exactly, no webmaster would leave their members in the dark. The repeatedly sending withdrawal requests back to the account balance is also a very old HYIP trick. They are gone, face it! No further evidence needed. BTW, Poker by Proxy had the same shelf life as btc-arbs. If whatever you like to invest in is on Money-News-Online, just skip it and forget about it for your own sake.
sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:42:00 PM

It back online!  Grin

The only question is for how long! All sane members will withdraw now.
bad01nk

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:43:42 PM

ps gonna build up to the 50k and head to one of those cocktail parties... bam son
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:44:45 PM

ps gonna build up to the 50k and head to one of those cocktail parties... bam son

No, all stupid members will withdraw now. It they are legit, this could cause the company significant problems. If they are a scam, they will disappear. If you want to pull out, do it over the course of a few days. Submitting a big withdrawal request would be kinda dumb at this point.
jseppeli

Activity: 430

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

Result seems to be 0.60%

First and foremost, we would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the website downtime that we have experienced for roughly the past 12 hours. Due to a hardware failure in our data centre, our website was temporarily offline. During this time, arbitrage trading continued as per usual, however users were not able to access their accounts. We have pinpointed the point of failure, and have taken steps to ensure that it does not happen again. Please do not contact us to inform us that the website was offline, we were aware and such messages serve solely to create a support backlog.

Next on the agenda, Easter. Due to the Easter Holidays, our staff will be working limited hours this weekend, including Friday and Monday. Please refrain from sending unnecessary support messages, and allow for a slightly longer than usual response time.

And finally, we'll move on to the day's results. Our arbitrage was limited today since the entire team was focused on restoring our servers. We did however manage a 0.6% result.
dhsc19

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:06:44 PM

Well...it's been an interesting mass hysteria.  Hope no one killed their wife to store the meat for food reserves.
successquest

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:19:19 PM

@jseppeli

where was that quote copied from?

First and foremost, we would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the website downtime that we have experienced for roughly the past 12 hours. Due to a hardware failure in our data centre, our website was temporarily offline. During this time, arbitrage trading continued as per usual, however users were not able to access their accounts. We have pinpointed the point of failure, and have taken steps to ensure that it does not happen again. Please do not contact us to inform us that the website was offline, we were aware and such messages serve solely to create a support backlog.

Next on the agenda, Easter. Due to the Easter Holidays, our staff will be working limited hours this weekend, including Friday and Monday. Please refrain from sending unnecessary support messages, and allow for a slightly longer than usual response time.

And finally, we'll move on to the day's results. Our arbitrage was limited today since the entire team was focused on restoring our servers. We did however manage a 0.6% result.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: