Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:03:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin dollar bill  (Read 4098 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4370

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:03:00 PM

even though i can see the counterfeit / fraud squad jumping over it. i think anyone that hands out a 1BTC bil mistakenly for a $1 bill.. would have just made a $620 mistake. and the recipient, once realizing the mistake, will be very happy with what thy hav received and not want to inform the authorities..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:03:19 AM

i should warn people, DO NOT TRY TO MAKE THESE AND PASS THEM OFF AS BITCOIN CURRENCY.

it is a federal crime to do so because it looks like federal reserve notes.
This is very true and cannot be emphasized enough. The picture that the OP posted looks very much like the dollar bill and only after looking at it closely can you see that it is not a dollar bill.
bitteractor

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 01:35:52 AM

I am not the creator of encryptedbitcoinwallet.com.

These are not bills, as they do not represent debt owed to any bank or any other centralized institution. 

The dollars or euros in your pocket are bills.  Redeemable once upon a time for gold (or silver).  Now, nothing.

These are actual certificates redeemable for bitcoin . . .virtual gold . . . once they are loaded up with BTC.  Spent only after the private key or bip38 encrypted key are used.  Paper Wallets are used for Cold Storage of your BTC.

Get your BTC offline.  Practice good Bitcoin hygeine.  Prepare for the future, future millionaires. 

BTC

18nJvtHKgN7LQNRM1phkeeY9c2sQb5h6JW

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:28:53 AM

i should warn people, DO NOT TRY TO MAKE THESE AND PASS THEM OFF AS BITCOIN CURRENCY.

This is very true and cannot be emphasized enough. The picture that the OP posted looks very much like the dollar bill and only after looking at it closely can you see that it is not a dollar bill.

we know its criminal and dont endorse it.. but hyperthetically. imagine you owned a 7-11 shop, a customer comes in and gives you a bunch of bills to pay for an $11 item....

you notice right away one of the bills is a bitcoin.. not a dollar.. would you call the cops and let them confiscate the bitcoin. or smile proudly, keep it yourself and put one of your own dollar bills into the cash register to ensure the register stays in-float.

i know id keep the $620 mistake (not recommending your employees do it. but as a manager of the imaginary 7-11 id be smiling)

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:50:39 PM

we know its criminal and dont endorse it.. but hyperthetically. imagine you owned a 7-11 shop, a customer comes in and gives you a bunch of bills to pay for an $11 item....

you notice right away one of the bills is a bitcoin.. not a dollar.. would you call the cops and let them confiscate the bitcoin. or smile proudly, keep it yourself and put one of your own dollar bills into the cash register to ensure the register stays in-float.

i know id keep the $620 mistake (not recommending your employees do it. but as a manager of the imaginary 7-11 id be smiling)
Well as far as I can tell that bill does not actually have any way to redeem one bitcoin and spend it on the network, nor would you have any way of verifying that there is actually unspent inputs associated with the address associated with the bill. It looks like the bill is really nothing more then a marketing tool

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:11:32 PM

.. but hyperthetically. imagine

robbyd86

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:25:56 PM

very nice, except 1BTC is like $650 so it needs to be like a .1BTC dollar bill Smiley .
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: