Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:20:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Cryptocurrency Investors Are Betting Heavily Against Ethereum  (Read 244 times)
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:18:48 PM

If ethereum soon introduces the Plasma project, which completely solves the problem with the scalability of ethereum and allows it to conduct hundreds of thousands of transactions per second instead of the current fifteen, and in the future up to millions of transactions, this coin will in general be beyond any competition. Bitcoin on the background of ethereum will generally look like a museum exhibit. This year I received partially free tokens only in ethereum, not in bitcoin and I think this is the right decision. I think that ethereum will soon rise very high.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:21:23 PM

The biggest risk to Ethereum is all those ICOs being banned, because most of them were built on top of Ether's platform.

Looking at ethereum's chart, it's fallen less than other altcoins. So a 36% drop isn't that bad. I wonder whether Tetras Capital have gone public with their short to encourage other investors to sell...

True, ETH has no value without those companies willing to use it as a fund gathering platform, but all that goes to shit if while they are still gathering the value of ETH tanks so much. A quick example: You want to build a road from one town to another and get it funded with ETH. People who live between the two cities are chipping in, but we all know that materials have to be bought with fiat, so you count the needed fiat, set up your goal in ETH, start taking donations. While 80% donations are in ETH starts tanking and goes down 30% in a month and you haven't even started buying the materials. As a result:
-The project gets delayed because you have not enough materials, even though the ICO goal has been reached.
-Investors are angry because there's no road and they don't have the money, they did all as they were asked
-Even if you gave the money back they'll be at a 30% loss

So, even if the ICO's were all doing the right estimations and honestly trying to achieve something chances are they would fail due to lack of stability in ETH. And that stability is nowhere to be found but in a leap of faith of more people going in blind.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:27:59 PM

Let's start with the fact what is the General trend with cryptocurrencies.As we can see, many countries are beginning to use the cryptocurrency.Now there is a kind of formation of the crypto currency.Hence the natural question-what cryptocurrency will be used.I believe that ethereum, despite the number of transactions per second, will be able to hold the second place in the ranking.I believe that this cryptocurrency will be used everywhere.If you have this cryptocurrency keep it as long as possible.You will be surprised by the result

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:28:18 PM

If ethereum soon introduces the Plasma project, which completely solves the problem with the scalability of ethereum and allows it to conduct hundreds of thousands of transactions per second instead of the current fifteen, and in the future up to millions of transactions, this coin will in general be beyond any competition. Bitcoin on the background of ethereum will generally look like a museum exhibit. This year I received partially free tokens only in ethereum, not in bitcoin and I think this is the right decision. I think that ethereum will soon rise very high.

But will anybody want to perform that many transactions on a coin that basically has no acceptance and is not being used for payments anywhere. What are they hoping for with those hundreds of thousands transactions? That there will be so many new projects to create the demand? I've read somewhere recently that the interest in ICOs is going down. There even was a graph showing how much money did ICOs gather in the last couple months and it was getting lower every month since the beginning of the year.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Deubila

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:06:00 PM

Each and every coin has its own philosophy, Bitcoin came up with the solution of the issue regarding the high cost and time of the transaction. Similarly, ethereum was introduced to solve the issue of internet-based agreements. When it comes to the global fund transfer, Bitcoin has no other alternative as of now considering transaction fee, security & time frame. However, ETH gives something extra that a normal fund transfer process won't require. I believe that ETH has a scope for growth in the automation industry and that might be the reason why investors are betting on ethereum.
The e-money born gives you its own features. The currency has different advantages and disadvantages. Can not catch them at their own discretion. It's just that and it takes time. And any comment can be just a reference or a bad communication. We need to consider every action. I am an ordinary investor and normally I have nothing much to do. Good project support, not good suggestions. Simple to live.
SimpleBitMaker

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:21:43 PM

But will anybody want to perform that many transactions on a coin that basically has no acceptance and is not being used for payments anywhere. What are they hoping for with those hundreds of thousands transactions? That there will be so many new projects to create the demand? I've read somewhere recently that the interest in ICOs is going down. There even was a graph showing how much money did ICOs gather in the last couple months and it was getting lower every month since the beginning of the year.

This is what worries me. It looks like altcoins are running out of steam, and ETH is leading the pack. That doesn't mean that they'll all be useless bits in a few more months though. They've got to slow down sometimes, of course, but when they are going to pick back up no one can tell. I'm holding onto a bit of ETH for now because I haven't lost all hope. I'm also watching to see if any reasonable purpose for using ETH in transactions comes out.

There's a lot of good ideas being put together, but not a lot of action. ETH needs a kick in the ass to get going.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: