Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:56:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining?  (Read 4835 times)
barrett_fire

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:11:07 AM

i think it has been happened, especially samsung that make bitcoin mining from 40 smartphones. look at this: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3kvdv9/samsung-upcycling-galaxy-s5-bitcoin-mining-rig 
This is actually quite an interesting article. I never thought that much about using old phones. For some reason I was thinking about people using their personal device or purchasing phones specifically for mining. It's quite interesting that it was actually Samsung itself that did it. I'm sure they have the most access to phones. Haha. They said that 8 Galaxy S5 phones could mine better than a standard desktop computer. It still seems like it would take a long time to get more value out of the phones than you could sell them on eBay. Using old phones for different projects is really cool though. I liked the fish tank bit at the end of the article.
And 8x Galaxy S5 costs? It costs way more than a standard desktop computer. And to think that you can only get them in secondhand, it's going to die rather quickly. Why do people keep on pushing the mining with Smartphone idea when you can just build a PC for mining if you wanna mine bitcoins? I mean I get the idea that it's cool to mine with something that we already have but even if it's become possible, it's just not worth destroying your phone for something that you think is cool.
Well, I still don't think it's that practical, but S5s may cost less than you think. I'm not pushing the idea, but I do think it's an interesting one. There are millions of phone that eventually just get thrown out, when they could be used for something productive. There actually are some new S5s still for sale, but that would certainly not be an effective use of your money (they seem to go for about $200). I check used S5s on eBay though and they're selling for $60-130. Most are going for around $60. So, for $480 you could have 8 of those phones. I would say that's a bit less than a decent desktop computer, though I know you can get them cheaper. I see that some S5s with broken screens have been selling for about $30. I don't know exactly how a phone mining system would work, but I feel like having the screen work is not actually critical. Thus, perhaps you could get 8 S5s with broken screens for $240. If they could make you even $30/month, it would just take 8 months to get your money back. As far as I know, the most common thing to go on phones is the battery. If you are always working on direct power, then you wouldn't have to worry about the batteries.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:25:42 AM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
I saw a similar topic like this one on Quora. I believe it’s possible for anyone to mine bitcoin with smart phones, but your main concern should be on how much you will be spending on electricity. I have heard from several miners that bitcoin mining can only profit those with a cheap source of electricity and they also claim that miners barely profit from it.

Hence, if these people that are mining with main bitcoin miner barely make profit, then anyone that is mining with a smartphone won’t make any profit, but rather would end up with loss on how much they spend on electricity. Now a days, staking and masternodes are relatively profitable which may enable people to look for alternate way of generating passive income other than mining as it costs much while setting up and while running.
BrianDCampbell343

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:33:06 AM

Currently, only about 4 million bits of Bitcoin has not been exploited, the possibility of bitcoin being exploited by smartphones will not occur because the remaining bitcoin cannot meet the demand
Haoque89

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:37:51 AM

As electronic technology evolves to a new level and the phone is fully functional and capacious as the computer, the phone will be able to join the mine and then the miners can dig anywhere.
DavidDWatkins44

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:08:36 AM

I think smartphones are not powerful enough to be able to exploit Bitcoin and Altcoin, and smartphone security is unlikely to secure information security.
DavidGBoydq232

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:26:46 AM

I do not think the smartphone is suitable for exploiting Bitcoin, the use of smartphones is primarily entertainment and communication, it is not a tool for exploiting Bitcoin and Altcoin, as opposed to feature Basic of Smartphone.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:57:01 AM

I am currently mining etn using my smartphone and so far I haven't experienced any disruption on my smartphone, and this is the second time, before I mine through faucethub.io and my smartphone has a problem. So, when this has happened, surely the development of the performance future will be improved by those who are smart.

EdwardARiley109

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:58:03 AM

With current smartphone technology, it is impossible to use it to exploit Bitcoin until a smartphone company can provide their smartphone to exploit Bitcoin. Bitcoins are not enough to make them profit
pandanaran

Activity: 1048

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:06:30 AM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
I think that will not happen, mining lights up continuously without stopping for 24 hours do you want the smartphone to be turned on continuously while filling the battrey? then what about the electricity needed during the 24 hours, in my opinion there are still many reasons why smartphones are not recommended for minning. many of the smartphone companies further enhance the performance of their products in terms of ease of use and advanced technology and processing speed and gaming support too.

JoeG.Fuller123

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:17:52 AM

When the smartphone can exploit bitcoin, it probably has not enough bitcoin to exploit. Assuming the smartphone can exploit Altcoin, Crypto is probably already saturated and not much value.
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:27:41 AM

I think smartphones are not compatible with any kind of mining. It can destroy the phones itself, it will lag and lag and you can use it well.
Lukamovo918

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:43:44 AM

This is great, I can use my smartphone to exploit bitcoin, I can earn money from my phone, hopefully, that day will come
crypto90

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:55:16 AM

From what I know smartphones can already be used in mining some coins and if I'm not mistaking you can even mine bitcoins, but I'm not recommanding that since it will take a lot of resources from your smartphone to mine them, maybe if you have one that you don't use or something like that, but buying a powerful smartphone and using it for mining it's not that good of an idea taking into account the cost it has. Better use a miner for that.
tiurminator

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:13:06 AM

I think it will happen when smartphone already have built-in cooling system.  If not, bitcoin mining will burn your phone because mining generate heat, a lot of heat.
izza123

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:21:08 AM

In PlayMarket there were several applications that allow you to try yourself as a mining man. Mining from the phone can be started without making any investments. It is enough to get yourself a crypto-currency purse, download a program for mining, install it and begin calculating hashes, watching the receipt of funds. To work, you need a stable Internet connection. In general, everything is the same as when using video cards. But will it be possible to earn enough bitcoins?
Muspion

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:37:26 AM

I don't think smartphones can mine bitcoin, because to mine bitcoin must require hardware that has high specifications, and a large power supply, in my opinion smartphone doesn't have that
ace1105

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

I don't think smartphones can mine bitcoin, because to mine bitcoin must require hardware that has high specifications, and a large power supply, in my opinion smartphone doesn't have that

I think smartphones can mine but will only give us dust profit as mobile phones specifications are too low compared to mining rig that uses to mine bitcoin.
pragna

Activity: 1582

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:28:39 PM

The day is not so far from us. Men has go long in nano thchnology where a big amount of memory can deserve into a simple cheap. Not only memory but also big work can be made easily in a single seconds. So be cool and wait for next discover. Grin Grin
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:32:10 PM

The day is not so far from us. Men has go long in nano thchnology where a big amount of memory can deserve into a simple cheap. Not only memory but also big work can be made easily in a single seconds. So be cool and wait for next discover. Grin Grin

There will be a lot of great inventions and technology in the future but I don't think that smart phones will be developed or improved to be used on crytocurrency mining. I would rather improve the performance of these smart phones on games since we are seeing the technology is leading to these.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
@hosimanaka

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:34:54 PM

At present, it is impossible to use BTC by phone, because current phone is inferior to the application and function, the phone battery can not meet the power source for use in exploiting BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: