Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:32:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a good way to concisely explain Bitcoin?  (Read 1719 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:26:31 PM

The best short explanation is that it's electronic money of the Internet. Money independent of banks and governments not controlled by anyone. Some people are comparing it to virtual gold because it doesn't depend on banks and local economies and its amount is limited.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:33:47 PM

For non technical bitcoin can be explained to him as  the most renowned digital currency that is used for transaction and with high potential of not making their holders poor
christysmile

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:37:49 PM

Yeah when people are coming from a non-technical side they will most likely get confused if anything to do with [Suspicious link removed]es up. So it's probably best not to mention that unless they ask how it is secured, you can say "There's a unique algorithm type coding that's called blockchain. It requires multiple validations and is hard to crack" or something like that.

But I would focus on the more social aspects of bitcoin. Like the fact that you have complete control over it, and the banks cannot influence it. It's value is determined by the people who invest in it only.

Maybe about the virtual nature of it too, but this could certainly be confusing for some.
NervousWolf

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:30:35 PM

It will be quite hard to make a non technical person understand bitcoin properly. In short words, bitcoin a kind of digital currency which is free from third party control.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:45:47 PM

You can explain with several examples relating to what an individual can visualize with thought pattern, though it is
 much easier for an individual that has a basic technical knowledge, Explain base  on the old  policy of trade by batter, meaning, you exchange you fiat for another form of currency that is digital,which you cannot see unlike fiat, but can be confirm from your wallet, also Bitcoin is also a basic answer to the cashless policy advocated globally.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:52:58 PM

Bitcoin is an alternative digital currency that there's no government who controls it.
You can search in the forum pretty concise explanation on what bitcoin really is.
Sets of pretty simpler explanations are also in google by just doing it within few seconds.

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that was very profitable and beneficial. It was decentralized where no one can control it evern the government. Its price was volatile which means there is an up and down on its value. If you really want to explore more things about it just keep reading different thread about here.

bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:04:49 PM

btc can be regarded as a digital currency that can be made as a digital asset, wherein an asset, the price is somewhat fluctuating, can rise and can go down, but when viewed in terms of long-term, this asset can still develop
Sergio444

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 11:31:02 PM

That reminds me of the first time I heard of bitcoin. I really hear the last word "coin". That was on campus when a friend of mine visited me. We were both broke and had no cash on us. But we were eager to enter into business to earn some money. After I had cooked for him to eat, he said his brother was into a mining business and they deal in bitcoin and really earning big.  I thought bitcoin was a newly discovered mineral for the mineral mining sector. Then a day after I heard the price of bitcoin on the business new. Oh, how can I be so naive. Bitcoin was no mineral. Probably i got confused because of the mining I heard. The only simple way I understood Bitcoin is that it is just a digital currency that can be mined, traded for fiat, and for payments of online services. It is not controlled by anybody.
Roberttran

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:06:00 AM

Briefly explain:  Bitcoin is electronic money, decentralized government can not control and create bitcoin.  It uses blockchain technology security and security.  All transactions are transparent on blockchain and no one can modify the transaction as current currency to cheat.
Tetew50

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:59:07 AM

Bitcoin is an easy payment tool that can be used all over the world and across the continent.
Bitcoin currency is not known in the banking system and is not related to the government.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:09:38 AM

Often I'm asked to explain BTC to someone and occasionally I come up with something stellar that really nails it, but most times it's a rambling incoherent mess.

What I would like to see is a short and simple explanation of what BTC is that is suitable for someone non-technical to understand.

Bitcoin is a representation of blockchain technology and Bitcoin was created for the purpose of paying for internet services. In addition to using for billing purposes, Bitcoin is currently being used as an asset, and everyone wants to buy Bitcoin and hold in their wallet.

The good way to explain bitcoin is that how it circulate along the market, that the earnings cannot get stable but it can increase its value when keep it on wallet. There are many function of bitcoin that can give people for secure and fast transaction. Give information about how they are going to earn more than enough that can get from the real job where they can able to buy another coin and pay bills everywhere.

pocket_lck

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:15:34 AM

to explain bitcoin to ordinary people sometimes is quite difficult, but I explained that bitcoin is a digital currency used in commerce that uses internet network.
NervousWolf

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:51:11 PM

You can simply make them understand that bitcoin is just a digital currency on which there is no one’s control except you. You just own your own money and also the government has no control in it.
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:56:52 PM

Often I'm asked to explain BTC to someone and occasionally I come up with something stellar that really nails it, but most times it's a rambling incoherent mess.

What I would like to see is a short and simple explanation of what BTC is that is suitable for someone non-technical to understand.

Bitcoin have many explanation, The meaning is depend to the human status for example the investor the meaning of the bitcoin for she or he is crypto currency that can use on online platform, to Ordinary people bitcoin is a part of online business. In Overall the meaning of bitcoin is a currency that can be used on investing,trading and etc.
SnodGrass74

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:19:10 PM

Since Bitcoin is an alternative digital currency so that no government controls it. You will find very brief explanations on the forum on Bitcoin. I think you can also find more explanation through google or other blogs.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:22:24 PM

how about going through an article that explains in detail about bitcoin.
it is the most effective way, but you should make the article short and clear.
hinaries

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:31:57 PM

I think there are many ways where you can find out more about Bitcoin. Now peoples are focusing on blockchain platform beside this you can also look at the summary of the whitepaper and I think you will find how special, big, simple the bitcoin is.
jimmydvd

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:35:42 PM

btc is a bitcoin that can be traded in digital currency and can be done transactions that receive btc as a means of payment in their place
Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:02:47 PM

It is not easy to explain Bitcoin to a layman who really does not understand Bitcoin, there are those who can accept some who argue that it is fraudulent. for me explain just like your inquisition, if indeed the person can not accept it, then do not in force.
Mandalawangi

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:59:33 PM

explain bitcoin as it is. The simpler the better because not everyone can understand such complicated things. Tell them that it is a currency that runs digitally and no one controls it. When they ask questions, that means they are interested and that's when you have to answer them one by one bitcoin will also be used by all countries as proof of their transaction because bitcoin is our most valuable asset in this world
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: