Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 01:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Recovery - 2.0 btc bounty to fix my messed up wallet..  (Read 1466 times)
bcoiner (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:55:53 PM

Hi,

Well, needless to say I'm not too happy with what I've done, I was trying to fix some of the 0-transactions and remove the unspend from the wallet, but now I've gone and corrupted it.  Every time I try to stage the backup I get crazy errors like these:

init message: Verifying blocks...
 block index            2589ms
init message: Loading wallet...
Error reading wallet database: CPrivKey pubkey inconsistency

But when I run pywallet it seems to dump it nicely....maybe 1 error in the whole thing.

...some history, I was running 0.8.2r3 or some shit like that....so what I tried to do is upgrade wallet and salvage wallet, not sure what the fuck happened...but I have 2-3 backups and I can't get any of them running.
jumpmanjay

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:57:30 PM

Hi,

Well, needless to say I'm not too happy with what I've done, I was trying to fix some of the 0-transactions and remove the unspend from the wallet, but now I've gone and corrupted it.  Every time I try to stage the backup I get crazy errors like these:

init message: Verifying blocks...
 block index            2589ms
init message: Loading wallet...
Error reading wallet database: CPrivKey pubkey inconsistency

But when I run pywallet it seems to dump it nicely....maybe 1 error in the whole thing.

...some history, I was running 0.8.2r3 or some shit like that....so what I tried to do is upgrade wallet and salvage wallet, not sure what the fuck happened...but I have 2-3 backups and I can't get any of them running.
Can you uninstall the new version, reinstall the old version and use one of the wallet backups? You could then transfer them to a different computer with a new wallet.

CoinTrader - Trade digital currency on Android via Cryptsy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.cointrader

BitPredict - Trade your favorite events on Android via Predictious!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.bitpredict
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:38:33 PM

If you are able to dump the keys, go to blockchain.info, create a new wallet and import those keys. This is the fastest way provided you are able to dump the private keys.

Once you are able to import the keys, any balance on them will appear on the wallet.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:49:07 AM

Try making a separate fresh installation of your client and load the wallet with the fresh installation.

Worst case scenario, manually extract the keys from the wallet make a new wallet with the keys, though hopefully you will not need to do this.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: