Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS FUD  (Read 288 times)
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 07:37:51 PM

I was wondering about the meaning of this FUD abbreviation of for a long time. I couldn't look and learn from the work density. Thanks for information.
LuckyOctopus

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:29:35 PM

FUD i.e Fear Uncertinty, Despair has a huge impact on the cryptomarket. Often the users who couldn't make profit or faced loss falls a victim to FUD and they spread negativity among the other users. When someone becomes a part of the cryptocworld, they must have a prper mindset includng patience, risk to face loss, and ready for any kind of situation. Those who fail to have such mindset, they themselves drag them to the darker side.
Project xupporter

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:32:10 PM

It is the first time seeing the D to mean despair, I used to know FUD as fear, uncertainty and doubt which usually occur when there is a bad news on a project or when there is too much du.ping by whales which result in FUD.
chidiarua

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 09:47:40 PM

It's simply the art of creating fear, uncertainty and despair in the market. The aim is to make hodlers sell for the fear of losing out(FOMO) while those who create FUD benefits from this by buying at cheap prices.
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:24:02 AM

From my point of view its right. FUD is uncertainty, doubt. This is a strategy to modify perception. It already used different instant but nothing to do with it. It is used rarely by the power that discussing crypto.
NeckettMarket

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:03:41 AM

From my point of view its it actually create panic among all the investor or holders so they sell cheper and fudder can but their asset at low cost. It a basic tactics to manipulate the market.
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:26:47 AM

FUD  is an acronym for FEAR UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT, its employed to spread panic about a token or cryptocurrency, it could make people rush to sell off their tokens, only to notice a bull run after a few days. Its better for one to verify and be certain of any information circulating before making a decision.
deep4u

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:39:46 PM

For me fud is creating negative impact on the crypto currency market and make panic to sell small investors coins and when market turns green from red then sell and make profits.
cryptoangel001

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:03:03 PM

FUD is an acronym for FEAR, UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBTS. i believe that FUD is as a result of creating negative impact in the crypto market
GhostKnight

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:28:21 PM

It is evident if we have fear in this market because it is unstable and unpredictable. But that should not stop us from doing what we are meant to do here. We do need to set our FUD aside and work hard.
Rangerman

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

FUD abbreviated for Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. The term evolved from stock market for a start of. FUD is derived from a negative news on cryptos. When FUD occurs, people sell their cryptos at a low price. It also creates panic among the holders of crypto, in times of great misleadings and wrong information and they sell of their shares on the coins.
retprogramisto

Activity: 149
Merit: 34

💡 Websites, scripts for BTC web4crypto.xyz

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 07:23:54 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2018, 07:45:02 PM by retprogramisto

The acronym FUD stands for 'FEAR, UNCERTAINTY and DESPAIR'. in cryptocurrency it is generally used to refer to negative talks about a coin which is inaccurate or misleading, often posted in forums and through social media.

Yes, people make FUD to intimidate investors into selling their coins. When this happens, the FUDers often buy the sold coins to sell later at a higher price. It is a manipulation tactic to encourage you to sell your coins cheap. Thats why you should stay calm, keep up-to-date with crypto news, read a variety of sources and make your own opinion and dont naively believe FUD posts.

Quote from: jonloner011
This post of yours is very informative. So far I know Premine is a condition of some new cryptocurrencies, where the max supply has already been created before being made publicly available.

Premine just means an amount of coins that have already been mined before the wallet/miner software is released to the public. It isnt the max supply - otherwise there would be less incentive for proof of work or proof of stake (no block reward, only tx fees). Premines only present a danger if the holder decides to suddenly dump the premined coins and crash the coins price.

Premine coins are often sold in ICOs and some are reserved for later development costs. The remaining coins (max supply - premine) can be mined  by users of the coin.

Premine is usually announced (if not, it is visible in the blockchain), therefore you can freely choose to not invest in a coin that has a premine.

➡️  💡  𝗪𝗲𝗯𝟰𝗖𝗿𝘆𝗽𝘁𝗼  💡  ⬅️
Websites, scripts, crypto integration for BTC
✔️ Free consultation at Web4Crypto.xyz
Youngflydude256

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:26:49 PM

You know it already so I wonder why you asking or I guess for the newbie that don't know.
Fear, uncertainity and doubt(FUD) is usually used to create some form of negativity that will hinder growth or progress in the market.
Futbulistis

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:30:20 PM

FUD means Fear, Uncertainty and doubt. This is a state where people are afraid of certain events or coins. False rumors cause them to doubt some of the coins, which can cause them to make uncertain decisions.
cryptoabc

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:38:43 PM

FUD is a financial term that has been there from a long time ago. It means fear uncertainty and doubt. This occurs when someone or a group of people start to spread negative news about cryptos. So, people get manipulated thus selling their coins for a relatively lower price and making a loss for themselves. Incidents like these create unrest in the community.
boroda074

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:46:05 PM

So, to my great regret, this abbreviation in the present news is very much because the crypto is going through very bad times now!

lilysbee

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 11:54:18 PM

FUD Iis a common acronym used in the crypto space  which stand for Fear,  Uncertainty  and Doubt. People cause FUD when they want to buy into a particular coin, and by so doing the week hands wiill panic dump their coins and they will buy.
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 11:57:15 PM

FUD is fear, uncertainty and doubts, it refers to that moment  were people begin to sell off their cryptos as a result  of the above emotions .resulting in price dips
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: