Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANACS Grading Service Questions  (Read 318 times)
NewkTownTN (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:34:10 PM

Not sure where I would get better answers than on Collectibles forum.  I have a few questions about filling out the submission form in the hopes of not spending too much, but at the same time getting my coins graded without any issues.  If anyone has used this service, would you mind helping me out?

Variety seems to be the column where most of the info about the coin needs to be placed, what's the most important info that should go in this column, and will ANACS actually use this information?  Not much space to write information in...

When you send your coins to them, do you ever use the $29 conservation option?  Have you ever had coins sent back ungraded if you didn't?

That's all I can think of for now, but if you have any additional tips, I would greatly appreciate your responses!

Thanks - Newk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dazedfool
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127

derp

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:29:41 PM

Not sure where I would get better answers than on Collectibles forum.  I have a few questions about filling out the submission form in the hopes of not spending too much, but at the same time getting my coins graded without any issues.  If anyone has used this service, would you mind helping me out?

Variety seems to be the column where most of the info about the coin needs to be placed, what's the most important info that should go in this column, and will ANACS actually use this information?  Not much space to write information in...

When you send your coins to them, do you ever use the $29 conservation option?  Have you ever had coins sent back ungraded if you didn't?

That's all I can think of for now, but if you have any additional tips, I would greatly appreciate your responses!

Thanks - Newk

For crypto coins? Description something like this:
CASASCIUS 1 BITCOIN GILT SILVER
CASASCIUS 1 BITCOIN "CASACIUS" ERROR
Fill in the other columns w/ year, denomination, etc.

For non-crypto coins? Use NGC or PCGS.

Never used conservation with crypto, coins are too new to have any significant impurity buildup. Seemed like something possibly useful to "clean" old coins (think spots, PVC buildup from crappy storage, dirt/grime..). Like if you found a tin of old gold coins buried in your back yard... might be worth it

Paying $3 for the photo is up to you, some people like it, but I usually don't spring for it.

NewkTownTN (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:30:10 PM

Thanks for the reply Dazed, I had a feeling the conservation option wasn't necessary for crypto.  They add that scare statement in their terms that basically says, we reserve the right to not certify with no refund if you don't select it.  Just wanted to get a better idea of what they would turn down.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:05:23 AM

Just to add to dazed's comment - I always put the firstbits and denomination (if any) of the coin (if i want them on the slab) in parentheses in the description, and leave the denomination field blank (probably doesn't matter, I just assumed that meant USD)? as I don't trust them to just do that, even though I have heard they will. I also leave the "country" field blank, as I don't usually know.

I know the feeling though - doing that form for the first time can be stressful if you are new to it. Then the stressful part of shipping your precious'es there and back and the wait/hope for the high grades!?... ah... the joys of collecting coins. LOL. Tongue

Thanks!

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████