Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: serpcoin DIY2 - Do It Yourself Physical Bitcoins  (Read 11462 times)
WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:47:31 AM

These are beautiful for only $10 shipped wow. Gonna order one tonight, thanks to the user above who bumped this for me!

Get sick. Get well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:06:10 AM

They look nice, 10 bucks is also a good price.
WhatsBitcoin

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 12:55:17 AM

Question, I'm worried that printing these on paper and simply folding it and putting it underneath the hologram will cause the paper to erode or wear off from the air and normal conditions come a year or two from now?

Is there any validity in this concern? Don't want to load a lot of bitcoin onto these and then not be able to have access to the wallet come a year from now cause of the private key wearing off.

I might just have too much anxiety about things haha.

Get sick. Get well.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 01:53:22 AM

Question, I'm worried that printing these on paper and simply folding it and putting it underneath the hologram will cause the paper to erode or wear off from the air and normal conditions come a year or two from now?

Is there any validity in this concern? Don't want to load a lot of bitcoin onto these and then not be able to have access to the wallet come a year from now cause of the private key wearing off.

I have a few of these myself, great coins for very reasonable price + Serp is great guy to trade with.

I have done my DIY in a little "different" way, as I am not planning to sell the coins I have loaded, then is there no need to destroy the priv key after print. I have save the priv key and encrypted it (with truecrypt) and stored the file on a USB stick, that allows me to have a backup of the priv key. If any of the two is lost (coin or file), then is it still possible for me to retrieve the funds.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:40:37 AM

i saw this for the first time tonight and i bought one also Grin   if anyone has a extra of the first one they would sell please send me a pm i would be interested.
WhatsBitcoin

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:07:56 PM

I have a few of these myself, great coins for very reasonable price + Serp is great guy to trade with.

I have done my DIY in a little "different" way, as I am not planning to sell the coins I have loaded, then is there no need to destroy the priv key after print. I have save the priv key and encrypted it (with truecrypt) and stored the file on a USB stick, that allows me to have a backup of the priv key. If any of the two is lost (coin or file), then is it still possible for me to retrieve the funds.
Thats a good idea but I wanted this to be one access only. I might do this though. Has anyone had experience with opening a wallet 1-2 years old that was written on paper?

Get sick. Get well.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 04:43:29 PM

i saw this for the first time tonight and i bought one also Grin   if anyone has a extra of the first one they would sell please send me a pm i would be interested.

nicolasgramlich have them in stock:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755382

dload.1
Legendary

BTC

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:13:30 AM

nicolasgramlich have them in stock:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755382
thanks i will check it out.  Cool
serp (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

@serp

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:03:29 PM

Your site has shipping at 20$ for priority shipping. I'm happy to just go for regular shipping.

How much for two coins posted to Melbourne, Australia

Hey Braedo I have sent you a message.

Also thanks to everyone for your interest here Smiley

Braedo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BtcMarkets - Australian Bitcoin Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 11:47:18 PM

Replied to your Pm.

Something I forgot to add, Where are you shipping from?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
██████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ██████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:28:36 AM

The coins came extremely fast and were well packaged, thanks!   Grin

serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 01:41:20 AM

Great!  Hope you like them!

WhatsBitcoin

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:41:16 AM

Great!  Hope you like them!
Ordered two of them! Suppose to come later this week! Thanks in advance!!

Get sick. Get well.
dload.1
Legendary

BTC

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:10:57 PM

got my coin yesterday it looks great!!!  fast shipping also. still looking for someone with the first one that wants to sell.   Wink
WhatsBitcoin

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:20:14 PM

Rec'd my two coins today, gonna be assembling them tonight! Can't wait!

One suggestion serp, there was WAY too much tape on this package. I had to literally rip the package to shreds to open it. You heavily taped both ends and the center of it. It was a fully taped package. Don't know if it was just me but it was overkill in my opinion. Thanks again nonetheless!

Get sick. Get well.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:52:52 AM

One suggestion serp, there was WAY too much tape on this package. I had to literally rip the package to shreds to open it. You heavily taped both ends and the center of it. It was a fully taped package. Don't know if it was just me but it was overkill in my opinion. Thanks again nonetheless!

My package was properly taped and was not excessive at all.  Had to be a fluke I would say as it was quite easy to open.  Smiley

whatsbitcoin2

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:46:41 PM

Uh oh...thought this whole do-it-yourself coin was gonna be easy (never created a cold wallet before). I don't know how to use Ubuntu, how to find a virtual machine or download one with my mac and I can't seem to get this program to work...

Can anyone help here? I feel like I wasted 20 bucks now cause I have no idea how to do any of this.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 11:58:54 PM

Uh oh...thought this whole do-it-yourself coin was gonna be easy (never created a cold wallet before). I don't know how to use Ubuntu, how to find a virtual machine or download one with my mac and I can't seem to get this program to work...

Can anyone help here? I feel like I wasted 20 bucks now cause I have no idea how to do any of this.

You have not wasted $20 Smiley
There are other ways of creating the private key + print.

I did not use the DIY software.
I created the private keys using a copy of www.bitaddress.org, copied the HTML file to a offline computer with a printer attached.
(I actually tossed a dice 99 times to create a random BASE99 number, so I did not have to trust ninja's random generator)

I then made a template in paint (2 x square that fits serp coins if folded), and copy-pasted in the private in one of the squares and the puplic key in the other square.

Print, cut, fold, and assemble.

Very easy to do, all with standard software.

(also recommended to "test/verify" the private key offline with bitaddress.org before loading the coin)

Edit: I do not want to hijack serp thread, PM and I can help you with this method if you like the idea and my explanation is not clear enough.

Todamont

Activity: 599
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:20:52 AM

In regards to ink fading, you either want to print the privkey on special paper that is designed to hold laser-printed patterns for 10 years or more, or you can also just use an impact printer. I have a receipt printed from an impact printer 10 years ago, still completely legible.
serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:41:22 PM

Well I hope you like the coins!  I actually had a postal worker lecture me on not taping enough once so maybe I do overkill it now?  I'm not currently using self adhesive mailing labels so I just get the 4 sides of the label and then once over top of your address.  I will probably pick up a thermal printer soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: