Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank You Bitcointalk !  (Read 498 times)
Lafu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3033

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:52:56 PM

Actually,
I just want to punch out a big thank you for the really good work that the Bitcointalk team does and has done,
and at least a big thank you to all the volunteers and supporters who also share their great and useful experience and contribute
to it is involved so that the forum is kept clean and so much useful information in the forum are available and provided!

Respect for all who contributed and contributed to this Informative Forum and Museum about Crypto!

Really good   Grin

I just wanted to say that

Cheers

Regards Lafu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 11:21:53 PM
Merited by Lafu (1)

There are only a handful of members that care and actually are willing to do something for bitcointalk and asking for nothing in return. There's still a long way to go, the new forum is yet to be live, a lot of new things are expected, this forum can be a much better place, only theymos and Cyrus can do something. I want this place to be much better, not a scam and spam junction. I have been noticing that things are becoming boring in almost all sections, the same things are repeated. I don't know what is going on, but I still want to thank all those who are helping, irrelevant of the rank, position, reputation. I just want things to get a little more interesting here.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:43:14 AM

Please help us admin(s). thank you.

I could think of something like having the forum admin to ban account sales, this is a really big market and people are blatantly buying and selling accounts to spam and scam. only if they say that account trading is banned we could see some real change.
With the reporter badges coming next week I'm sure many people will start contributing more often. overall thank you for leaving us(normal members) to get abused by DT members. <sarcasm>
#Banaccountsales.

🖤😏
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 02:36:02 AM

I could think of something like having the forum admin to ban account sales, this is a really big market and people are blatantly buying and selling accounts to spam and scam. only if they say that account trading is banned we could see some real change.
With the reporter badges coming next week I'm sure many people will start contributing more often. overall thank you for leaving us(normal members) to get abused by DT members. <sarcasm>
#Banaccountsales.

Strongly agree , account sale should be ban officially. It's really bad practise. We spend a year to build account. But some one just come and buy ranked account for spaming and scamming. If officially ban account sale than account hacking will be reduce.

Regarding reporter badge , it's pretty good to motivate people for report bad and spam post. Good decision and appreciated.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:31:20 AM

Yes! This forum also helped me alot when dealing with cryptos. I started here just reading threads and such then when I got enough experience and knowledge, I now sometimes help newbies, just like me in the past, on things I can share and help them with.
We, people from the crypto world need to help each other in the crypto sphere ourselves so then those people we helped, will also share and help newer people in the community soon in the future and then the unending cycle begins! This way more and more people from the crypto community will know the true technology behind blockchain.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16498

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 08:54:32 AM

I have been noticing that things are becoming boring in almost all sections, the same things are repeated.
Playing positivity guru, I could argue this means Bitcoin is growing up and nothing new is happening anymore.
(I know, I know, wishful thinking)

One of the reasons account sales aren't banned, is because it will just push it further underground. As long as passwords can be changed, accounts can be sold.
Wouldn't it be better to keep account sales in the open, so at least we know which accounts have been sold? Some accounts (example) were bought in the past and are now valuable forum members.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:13:12 AM

One of the reasons account sales aren't banned, is because it will just push it further underground. As long as passwords can be changed, accounts can be sold.
Wouldn't it be better to keep account sales in the open, so at least we know which accounts have been sold? Some accounts (example) were bought in the past and are now valuable forum members.

Account sales are fairly much underground anyway. Bought accounts get red tagged and rightfully so.

This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4679939.msg42235344#msg42235344 is a classic reason why account sales are bad.

I suspect that the reason it hasn't been banned is because a lot of people on this forum and in Crypto have strong Libertarian views.

Once you start banning stuff it can become a slippery slope. Unless you can enforce something that is banned - it can also be a waste of time.

Sometimes enforcement or bans are worse than the initial problem.

Actually,
I just want to punch out a big thank you for the really good work that the Bitcointalk team does and has done,
and at least a big thank you to all the volunteers and supporters who also share their great and useful experience and contribute
to it is involved so that the forum is kept clean and so much useful information in the forum are available and provided!

Respect for all who contributed and contributed to this Informative Forum and Museum about Crypto!

Really good   Grin

I just wanted to say that

Cheers

Regards Lafu

I agree. The last few month having had more of an insight of the early years of the forum and finding some of the more interesting parts of the forum I discovered that there is a lot more to this forum than I initially realized. It can be easily overlooked because of the spam and scams - neither of which have an easy solution to fix.

There are a lot of people working in the background making this forum a great place. Until I started reporting the spam I did't realize the sheer volume. Until I found meta, serious discussion and ivory tower I believed that it is overrun by shills. Until I started digging into the forum I didn't realize all the history on here and some really interesting people that are way smarter than me - some of who have taken the time to explain some stuff I would have understood otherwise.

There are only a handful of members that care and actually are willing to do something for bitcointalk and asking for nothing in return. There's still a long way to go, the new forum is yet to be live, a lot of new things are expected, this forum can be a much better place, only theymos and Cyrus can do something. I want this place to be much better, not a scam and spam junction. I have been noticing that things are becoming boring in almost all sections, the same things are repeated. I don't know what is going on, but I still want to thank all those who are helping, irrelevant of the rank, position, reputation. I just want things to get a little more interesting here.

Actually there are a lot more people than I initially thought that really care about the forum. Some of them are lurkers that don't post much. While certain parts of the forum are a spam ghetto and a scam ghetto there are other parts which have high value content.

There are a lot more staff than I initially realized and looking at the amount of spam that gets deleted and spammers nuked - they have their work cut out for them.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16498

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 10:28:13 AM

This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4679939.msg42235344#msg42235344 is a classic reason why account sales should be banned.
But where do you draw the line? If a Newbie asks for a loan, he's almost guaranteed to receive red trust (example). But if a Newbie wants to trade up to billions of dollars in Bitcoin or sell Bitcoins at half price (example), he doesn't get red trust, while it's even more obvious he's trying to scam someone.
It's the same In Service Announcements (example of a proven scam; example of a scam waiting to happen).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xtraelv
Legendary

Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:52:29 AM

This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4679939.msg42235344#msg42235344 is a classic reason why account sales should be banned.
But where do you draw the line? If a Newbie asks for a loan, he's almost guaranteed to receive red trust (example). But if a Newbie wants to trade up to billions of dollars in Bitcoin or sell Bitcoins at half price (example), he doesn't get red trust, while it's even more obvious he's trying to scam someone.
It's the same In Service Announcements (example of a proven scam; example of a scam waiting to happen).

But you have the ability to give them red trust.

Just because they didn't get a neg doesn't mean that they can be trusted,
Buying half price bitcoins shows extreme naivety - that user has quite a few threads where he is trying to scam people.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:34:41 PM

Wouldn't it be better to keep account sales in the open, so at least we know which accounts have been sold?

Can you figure out how many accounts were sold after SebastianJu escrow for them for years?. why do you think people don't sell merits openly? because it's against the rules. we don't need extra resources to ban account sales, we just need an extra line added to the rules: "selling and buying forum accounts is prohibited" then nobody would dare to even talk about it because they would get banned immediately if reported. first step would be to remove all of the sale threads from this forum, let people go somewhere else to find accounts and let them get scammed to learn their lessons.
If account sales is not banned DT2 members like SebastianJu will get rich by getting their escrow fees and spammers, scammers will have a safe way of trading accounts without ever getting caught.

Who would post: "Buying/selling accounts" if they could get banned for posting it? nobody. who would escrow for them if they could get banned for doing escrow for something which has been banned by the forum? nobody.
We already have copper membership if people wanted to post images, those who'd buy accounts would only do it to post garbage and or scam, not banning account trading is the worst mistake admins could make.
So I urge the admins once more, please ban account sales.

🖤😏
Lafu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:07:59 PM

Wouldn't it be better to keep account sales in the open, so at least we know which accounts have been sold?

Can you figure out how many accounts were sold after SebastianJu escrow for them for years?. why do you think people don't sell merits openly? because it's against the rules. we don't need extra resources to ban account sales, we just need an extra line added to the rules: "selling and buying forum accounts is prohibited" then nobody would dare to even talk about it because they would get banned immediately if reported. first step would be to remove all of the sale threads from this forum, let people go somewhere else to find accounts and let them get scammed to learn their lessons.
If account sales is not banned DT2 members like SebastianJu will get rich by getting their escrow fees and spammers, scammers will have a safe way of trading accounts without ever getting caught.

Who would post: "Buying/selling accounts" if they could get banned for posting it? nobody. who would escrow for them if they could get banned for doing escrow for something which has been banned by the forum? nobody.
We already have copper membership if people wanted to post images, those who'd buy accounts would only do it to post garbage and or scam, not banning account trading is the worst mistake admins could make.
So I urge the admins once more, please ban account sales.

YES Account sales should be banned directly!

glider101

Activity: 125
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:28:54 PM

This forum really is a wealth of information and knowledge and a good source of info for anyone new to this space.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:09:51 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 04:25:10 PM by AdolfinWolf
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Some aspects of this forum are really unique and can be very useful for some. The first that comes to my mind is the bounty. Especially the signature campaigns are quite useful for the members. It ensures that active and hard working members are rewarded something as well.

One suggestion to admin is that he should advertise the forum (as a revenue sharing platform) to get more active members on board.
Surely that won't increase the amount of spammers / scammers on the forum. Roll Eyes  

It's funny how all of the things you listed that make the forum "great" ( for you atleast), are the reason it has become unbearable for so many others.

Also, "Revenue Sharing Platform" ~~ you literally want to change the forum into one big ponzi scheme? Uhhh, how about no?

(for those who don't know, this is your average "Revenue Sharing Platform", TrafficMonsoon )

krishnaverma

Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:56:43 PM

I actually feel surprised that I came to know about this forum so late. It is really one of the most active online forums currently. The forum creates a win win situation for all : new crypto projects, members and advertisers.

I hope the forum staff keeps up the good work in fighting  against all the spam and keeping it active and useful for all of us.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:57:10 AM

Everytime I see your name, all I can think about is

"Funds are Lafu" Cheesy
Lafu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:33:14 PM

"Funds are Lafu" Cheesy

What?  Huh Huh Huh

loicuagio1979

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:04:00 PM

To be honest, there are 3 main things which I have learned from bitcointalk after 7 months joining
1. Improving my writing skill
2. Understanding crypto world day by day and enriching my knowledge of new technology, for example: coin mining, lightning network, coin staking, masternodes, etc.
3. Developing marketing, sale skills from bounties campaigns

Thank you bitcointalk staff and forum members!
lepeirisjs12jsjs21

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:35:39 AM

I also want to share that I'm a newbie, and since I've known Bitcoin, I've learned a lot from previous ones. I started to learn more about BTC and also corrected the mistakes that I often have. Thanks to the experienced people at this forum.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:39:27 AM

I came here in November last year in searching for some faucets for playing Dice Cheesy (I mined a little BTC back in 2013 / just a few satoshi to test it / bought some when the price was 3K$)
I had no idea what was doing here as a newbie,there was so much information scattered all over the place without any order. This was really disappointing at the begging. Whatever

What I benefited from the forum till now:
- I learned a ton of new things
- Had /and still have/ a great fun with some people here
- Read the comments written by satoshi himself (omfg)
- Found my new passion I did'n knew I had, reporting shitposters Cheesy
- Being scammed and learned my lesson.
- Took out my rusty English back from where I have left it a couple of years ago.
- Meet some friends.

So I think I can also say Thanks!

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 10:31:34 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2023, 10:26:16 PM by LTU_btc

Bitcointalk is far from being perfect perfect forum, but I appreciate work of people who are trying to make it to a better place. Despite big number of spammers, scammers and other abusers it's the best crypto community and in recent years Bitcointalk become important part of my life, so, thanks for everything.

"Funds are Lafu" Cheesy

What?  Huh Huh Huh
Maybe he mean that LOL

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: