Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I don't Support KYC in cryptocurrency as it is  (Read 3252 times)
PureDefender

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:39:24 PM

I agree with you. From experience I know not all KYC are that much safe. I have friends who suffer this before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:47:17 PM

Probably the best thing we can do about this is to be careful in participating in ICOs and such. If you don't see any verified physical addresses or verified info of the team members, we should avoid those projects.  I know that it is very hard to do, but we have to very vigilant. And also, we can also ask our campaign managers here in Bitcointalk that they should be the first one to "screen" all ICOs promoting here in the forum. Make sure that the project and the team of these ICOs are legit.
LuckyOctopus

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:55:46 PM

I support your view personally. It doesn’t worth the risk. This is not very apt to trust strangers with our money and sensitive info.
CrashGangster

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:59:52 PM

I can’t agree more. I don’t support them and I don’t trust them with my sensitive and personal information.
Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 09:05:08 PM

I think crypto community should find a balance between detralization and centralization. It's posible I guess. This balance is answer on your questions.

supremacy10

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 09:07:36 PM

Some project sells kyc data to another company , not all project doing kyc are legit
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:14:31 PM

The consequences, you have mentioned might be quite possible. But let's face the fact that huge ICO demand KYC, there are no other choices. Of course, they might be scammers, but doubtedly. You have written about data stealing, that's a very currently important issue, because you can be sitting home drinking coffee, checking your e-mail, while somebody is hacking you laptop and steal your data, and it's very easy to do. So if you think KYC is a nice way to get data and pics, you should understand that nothing is safe when we talk about data and its digital storage))

mojo2208

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:36:38 PM

I agree with the opinion of the author, I am also against the kus in the crypto currency. The fact is that people from all countries can not verify the identity, simply because they are citizens of a certain country. This is not correct. In order to raise the crypto-currency to a new level, everyone's support is necessary.All the good Grin
brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

me too that KYC is what i don't like too, that's the point why do they need those private information yet that is why blockchain has been anonymous. it also harms the crypto user which is definitely responsible for destroying blockhain’s growth. like bladelady said
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:46:56 PM

Correct.
I admit I am the same.
Not just ICO's but also exchanges. They keep their reason that it is all just so they could continue their service. The heck with that.
I will just go to their minimum withdrawal rather than send all my information. 2 BTC is fine with me.

A new exchange should come out which is really a decentralized one. Why do ETH is only the one who have it named IDEX.
There should also be one for bitcoin. The real one. Not some just illusion of telling they are decentralized but deep within they need your info. Pfft.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:19:12 PM

wow what an eye opener, i suddenly realize that yes your right about kyc system os a total non sense at all,

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:28:03 PM

I do not support using KYC in crypto currency because it aims to promote scams and harm to the crypto user which is definitely responsible for destroying blockhain’s growth. So it is just totally not done!

Yes.I prefer not to support KYC too because it does not keeps me anonymous at all.I know i will put myself into danger if i had given my personal identities without knowing that the particular exchanger was only a scam.So it's much better to stop that KYC thing so we may have an assurance for our own security.

MarshMagpie

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:40:31 PM

The KYC process is the only way Datum can check the source of funds raised during the token sale, and they verify each buyer’s identity and residency. We give our sensitive information to those strangers and hope for the best.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:51:21 PM

KYC is easy. But in the ease of it there are risks, especially the risk of our data used by irresponsible parties, for their own interests. So from that, I always think over and over again to fill the KYC.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
zynan

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 11:56:02 PM

Yes,  you are right,  i don't also agree with this KYC thing,  especially on bounties and airdrops.  It's hard to expose my real identity to this uncertain projects,  then what if my identity was used in some kind of scams, it is really not okay.  I hope this KYC thing will not be force to us someday.

╔╦═╦════╣◆ TOPEX.IO - ICO & Bounty for Brand New Cryptocurrency Exchange ◆╠════╦═╦╗
╠╬═╬═══╣with loss compensation and profit  distribution between TPX token holders ╠═══╬═╬╣
╚╩═╩═══╩══╣FACEBOOK ✅ ╠═══╣ TWITTER ✅ ╠═══╣TELEGRAM ✅ ╠══╩═══╩═╩╝
Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:16:16 AM

I think you have a point there but it all comes back to us most of us are not genuine in our ways, we cannot do away with cheating, so in a way to eradicate that i think its the best. If we all change our ways then there will be no need for KYC

btsjungkook

Activity: 333
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:49:36 AM

I'm against KYC. The whole essence of the crypto is anonymity and many forget it when they send their documents. And now many projects are so impoverished that they are asked to transfer them to the GAS purse so that they can send tokens!
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 01:42:17 AM

It is true that not every ICO requesting our KYC details is genuine. However, it is risky to give KYC details even for the genuine ICOs because you never know how your data will be kept in terms of security. I am not aware of any blockchain-based system where we can store our KYC details and ICOs will be able to get authenticity status from that system. Probably Vechain might work in such cases.
Liaalif

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:13:33 AM

I agree with your opinion because the KYC request is a fatal error in cryptocurrency and violates the anonymous cryptocurrency
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 02:20:29 AM

It's quite unfortunate things are now turning to go this way with almost all ICOs requesting for KYC participation. The KYC is one of the ways coming from the SEC regulatory body and the governments of some countries in order to check terrorism funding and money laundering. It is all about verification purposes, however, you will get some ICOs with evil intentions to sell the data of participants for their own gains.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: