Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:06:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you see bitcoin in 10 years’ time?  (Read 217 times)
Don Pedro Dinero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1492

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 10:55:52 AM

I’ve been thinking about this lately. It’s a long time but time goes by quickly.

For a second, I’ve thought about opening this thread on the bitcoin discussion section, but it would turn into a spam megathread soon.

I’ve only been in the bitcoin world for about a year, so I’m clueless as to what could happen. So, I would like to read from more experienced members and members with more knowledge what they think this world could be around year 2028. If I’m not mistaken there will be three more halvings until that date.

If someone writes an approximate prediction, we could bump this thread then, if bitcointalk still exists.

I’m not thinking about price in fiat terms, rather about adoption, development, everyday use and so on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:52:48 PM

All or nothing, I imagine.

It's very difficult to pinpoint exactly where BTC will be going forward. I remember back in 2013-2015, consensus was a $10,000 Bitcoin surely meant a paradigm shift in the way we interact and an implosion of USD... Of course that didn't happen.

With that being said, we're already beginning to see real world utility implications of cryptocurrency. No reason why Bitcoin can't take these on. If BTC can be used in a similar manner to ETH and other altcoins in the next 10 years it will stay key, if it is proven obsolete it might be a collector's token and not much more.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:49:16 AM

I’ve been thinking about this lately. It’s a long time but time goes by quickly.

For a second, I’ve thought about opening this thread on the bitcoin discussion section, but it would turn into a spam megathread soon.

I’ve only been in the bitcoin world for about a year, so I’m clueless as to what could happen. So, I would like to read from more experienced members and members with more knowledge what they think this world could be around year 2028. If I’m not mistaken there will be three more halvings until that date.

If someone writes an approximate prediction, we could bump this thread then, if bitcointalk still exists.

I’m not thinking about price in fiat terms, rather about adoption, development, everyday use and so on.

This is an interesting question, I doubt we'll find this thread in 10 years, but I surely hope so!

My prediction is that Bitcoin will still be likely around. I assume the price will be in the hundreds of thousands $100,000-$999,999
In nonfiat terms 1 Bitcoin will be enough money to buy a decent house.

Due to Bitcoin's first mover advantage it is unlikely that another crypto will take its place and be fit for the same purpose.

Due to the popping of another credit bubble in the US and the US dollar losing its status as the world's reserve currency, it will fall in value relative to everything else.

Due to blockhalving and more lost coins, bitcoin will be in significantly shorter supply.

if the lightning network succeeds, adoption could very well follow.

Unfortunatly markets are not rational so it is possible that a lesser, less fit crypto can ovetake bitcoin simply because of it being better adopted. It is also possible that a fairer coin comes out. Bitcoin failed to be distributed equally due to the unforeseen efficiencies that came from GPU and ASIC mining, a coin with a fairer distribution may have better adoption. However I only give the bad case scenario a 10% chance of happening.

That 10% is why I don't put all my money into Bitcoin, just an amount that I am willing to lose.

edit: fixed typos (july 28, 2018 2352EST)
edit2: added price in non-fiat terms (july 28, 2018 2358)

Both edits were done before another reply #4 was posted.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:07:30 PM

All or nothing, I imagine.

Not sure who said this, but "Bitcoin either will be massively successful or dying in future"

That's what Satoshi said back in 2008, can't remember the exact context

I expect someone will publicly burst the "this BTC is mine, and I don't care who you think are, you can't have any" bubble before another 10 years is over. That will trigger a whole new era in human history, and there's no  reason to think that it won't happen.

Waves of copycat behavior will occur, and the current model of handling that kind of non-compliance won't be able to cope. There are no doubt plenty of people already not cooperating with tax agencies in respect of BTC, but someone will eventually (and proabably someone in the financial industry) will one day just say no publicly.

NadiaHel

Activity: 336
Merit: 203

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:39:38 PM

<...>

Honestly, I see Bitcoin being used in multiple app`s in the cellphones like a current mainstream tool. Given the actual state of the society- at least on some developed countries-, the use of bitcoin will be mainstream by cellphones app`s. For instance, I can picture this scene: you go to a coffee shop and, at the moment of paying your bill, probably you will be able of doing so by your cell-phone, by picking your BTC app and sending the money, or by approaching your cell phone to a QR.reader.
I imagine that, by this time, probably all the people are going to have is some satoshis and that having a Bitcoin will be a kind of treasure.

Now, sadly, I also picture a future in which the use of bitcoin is no longer be anonymous. The current situation suggests that, in a not-so-distant-future, the use of bitcoin will be regulated through the exchanges, as well as the app generated for this purpose, all of them asking for KYC as a normal state of things. Given the lack of concern our society is showing about privacy, I just can see that as a matter of fact.

Or maybe in ten years the current society will opt for other cryptos, as Google Crypto -if developed, or Instagramcrypto and so. Probably neither facebook nor instagram or Youtube will be apart of this new kind of "money", so they will develop something soon in order for them to get a piece of the cake. So... in a resume, I can picture different panoramas:
- Bitcoin becoming mainstream by the implementation of new and accessible app`s focused on the public in general.
- Bitcoin being used by a few crypto-lovers and, at the same time, being one of the most important cryptos worldwide.
- The rise of other`s assets based on the Blockchain tech but managed by some big monsters like Facebook, Instagram, Google products, etcetera.

TheGodson

Activity: 383
Merit: 161

https://nitrogensports.eu/r/4896627

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:53:00 AM

I think at some point Bitcoin will come crashing down. Most people have Bitcoin hoping the price will go up. Very few people actually use it to buy stuff. The only thing keeping Bitcoin's price up is the belief that it will go up in the future and the black market. Decentralization seems a bit over rated imo.

Of course, I could be wrong. That would be sweet. At the pit of my stomache I feel as if Bitcoin can't realistically scale. I sense that some people in the know are aware of this as well, but don't want anyone else to know.

I've considered selling my Bitcoin, but I haven't the heart to do it just yet. I feel like it gives me hope. I probably am experiencing a bit of FOMO too. It would bother me so much more if I sold and missed out on a huge price surge than if I held and lost it all.

I've made a plan to sell off my bitcoin as it approaches infinity early on. When I make an investment, I don't like to change my decision out of fear of being manipulated by uncredible sources.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:36:34 PM

The only thing keeping Bitcoin's price up is the belief that it will go up in the future and the black market.

I wouldn't be so dismissive of the "black market", that's a biiiiig market, and it's always going to be there.

And the more Bitcoin is improved, the more the black free market will improve too. Bitcoin was designed to be an anti-government, free market tool.
Don Pedro Dinero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1492

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 06:06:10 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2018, 06:17:44 AM by Don Pedro Dinero

I've seen this in another thread and I've though it is interesting to leave it here as well, although I don't know where he gets those predictions from:

such bearish very newb wow

Edit: the source is this post curiously written by a newbie who only stayed a couple of days on the forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: