Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When is the moment it smells like a scam  (Read 467 times)
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:48:45 AM

When the scammer tells you...

1) to give him your wallet id and password

2) to use a blockchain wallet he created for you.

3) to fund your wallet after you changed your password

4) that you will get 5000% back in a day (high percentual return in a short period of time)

Any more??? let's discuss!!!!

P.S. by the way, I have found a very good platform called gebepay and I have used it a couple of times and found it pretty useful and safe to buy products or services with my ETH, anyway have a look!

It is a fault that the person who will do this is already using the computer Smiley These methods are traditional for scammers. It is very difficult to be scammed even for a person who has little knowledge about scammers. The most important thing to do for not being scammed is process priority. When trading if the trader we trade with has no reputation, let him do the first action. Always make the second action.

R.R.L.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:50:29 AM

Thanks bro for the tips in different aspects scammer are always in there you have to be careful in every move you take always set to your mind Think before you click.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:02:41 AM

Thanks bro for the tips in different aspects scammer are always in there you have to be careful in every move you take always set to your mind Think before you click.
Well said because they also develop their knowledge, skills and make new research every day. However, the cryptocurrency scammer usually use the investment ROI, trading tips/analysis software and airdrop method( where by they later ask their participants to send some ETH before they could receive their token). Besides, a lot of people have scammed on twitter and telegram through the mentioned method.
Beware.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
yohan09

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:38:41 AM

I thik that you should protect your financial information and you should learn more about the person and the company which wants to find out what is better and which is a scam or not
the instance of impersonation have gotten so bad, that many crypto visionaries have added language to their profiles setting ( not giving away BTC/ETH) as if it was their middle  names. But although it could seem counterintuitive, as these fraudsters merely copy and paste the name and image onto their scam accounts, that language too has carried over. Generally these accounts comment their giveway images under a post from a real person they've trying to impersonate, hoping to prey of users that aren't looking closely at the handles, which at times are only one letter off from the originals.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:10:06 AM

4) that you will get 5000% back in a day (high percentual return in a short period of time)

When you are already in cryptocurrency ecosystem for sometime, this kind of strategy is not effective because these are already common sense and the moment they do this, it is already considered scam and they wouldn't be able to get a single info from the person. The higher risk of being scammed are the newbies who gets greedy when they see something like this because they are not aware of it yet. Well, I have been scammed by HYIP before so I can relate to those who were scammed and if you are one of those who were victims of such scams then do your best to help others avoid it.

Scammers are every where and just waiting for this chance to attack. In social media platforms perhaps, someone would message you about crypto that you don't know so it is already a red flag especially if they mention about "cryptocurrency mining".

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Xeon

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:11:02 AM

Don't provide your personal information like ID and password as this is the evidence of scam in most cases. You should be careful sharing such details
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:22:25 AM

First of all, you need to check the connections with advisors - they have a reputation, don`t be lazy to write and call in order to confirm / deny information about the project where they participate. Ask also questions on the profile forum, question site or telegram chat. Feedback from scammers and non-scammers is completely different. Scammers don`t answer at all or answer extremely blurry to direct questions.
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:58:38 AM

Just to sum it all, people got scammed by lack of knowledge and greedy. When people have just limited idea everything that introduce to him will be easily believe. And people that just want a quick profit is also a easy target to get scammed. Always remember that there's no huge profit that can be easily achieve, it's always be in a hard way.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:02:17 AM

The things mention by OP is too obvious, its true that now the scammers are lurking around and their methods are getting more and more sophisticated, the most common method is usually clicking the link, the link will contain virus to steal your id and password, or the link is going to make you go to phising site, you need to update your knowledge about the news so you can know the newest method that the scammer used, always be careful and don't easily trust people
Bitcoin_trader2016

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

BITCOIN TRADER 2016

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:21:30 AM

Scammers are so many ways to do scam other peoples and to prevent this you have to do is always double check the website or if they ask your private keys and paswords beware to this people because they are scammers.

taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:59:52 AM

I have been studying the scam ICO's so I will speak about them as it is also part of scammer stuff.  I have observed that whenever a private sale is over for an ICO then admins of ICO start responding very less to their customers. They don't answer in the telegram group and slowly they go off the record. So if the communication is shutting down slowly then you should already smell the scam and get out of it.

Many times when you join the telegram groups then people from the same group will act as admin and will massage you personally to ask you for and help need and also ask for the ETH later on for ICO purpose. Thats the very much common scam here. So be careful with such scenarios.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:33:10 PM

P.S. by the way, I have found a very good platform called gebepay and I have used it a couple of times and found it pretty useful and safe to buy products or services with my ETH, anyway have a look!

point number two an exception if that's was an official wallet and if you ask someone for link maybe they will give you an official link, well maybe just be more diligent with the link someone give though. Overal if something too good to be true, then that's most likely a scam.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:43:08 PM

ICO or an investments is a scam if there is no names and details of the team in the white paper specially their CEO. They have lot of reasons on why they wont reveal their names but you should think that if they will disappear and run your money then how you will going to trace them? So better check the teams data first that they can be easily found in the google to ensure that they are legit people.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:22:45 AM

When it becomes too good to be true and you don't see any results but just talks. When someone sold you a shoe that will help you fly but doesn't show you the shoe than you know its a scam however when someone shows you a new coin and tells you it will worth 100 each and he only sells it for 1 dollar each on ico, somehow people keep believing that.

No, no one would sell a coin that will worth 100 for 1. Get your mind around that and you will start to realize that if something is too good to be true and there is no proof, its usually a scam.
avonka

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:06:31 PM

When they are over promising, when there are no ongoing development, no activities on GitHub , when the Team is constantly PM -ing You with offers,  when they disappear and not replying to you , when they start dumping their coins are some of the signs that you will be scammed.
megasynk

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:10:30 PM

When you have to send your funds and they are held in escrow. That's how most of ponzischemes work.
Nayborksta

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:18:10 PM

When they ban you from community groups for asking tricky questions.
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:15:57 AM

I think first you need to study the safety of the Internet, then the technical safety of working with cryptocurrency. because in a nutshell it can not be described
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:24:59 AM

When you have to send your funds and they are held in escrow. That's how most of ponzischemes work.
Hahaha yeah this is right. It is so awful scenario when you are undergoing such confused scenarios. You researched about this thing and when you implement it, there comes so many issues that must not be there to stop your work. But people are often considering such scenarios as scam. Keep your trust in such things because you have once approved them as legit.
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:33:09 PM

I used to be scammed many times by bounties that doesn't pay what I work for them project. It is really bad when you hear that you will be not payed for what you were worked for. Maybe the smell of a scam is that when a bounty doesn't updates on a month. My technique about this is that I used to join airdrop first and then if they pay probably they passed on my first test. Also I used to study about the project first and look up what they got.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: