Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why mess around with alt coins, litecoin  (Read 3895 times)
BigCpuMiner

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 06:12:47 PM

I am deep in litecoin. Having X000 CPUs involved.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 09:36:02 PM

What do the rest of you think is the long-term value of Litecoin, Solidcoin2, and other alt coins besides trading them for Bitcoins? Does anyone foresee using them for non-Bitcoin transactions such as goods and services?
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 10:23:05 PM

Short and long term value of SolidCoin is a good laugh at most, that thing should be renamed RetardCoin to portray its spirit more accurately. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but if anyone reads SolidCoin website and RealSolid's posts on this forum, and still decides to invest in SC even his candy money, well there is no other term I know of to describe that. What a joke.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: