Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:38:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137208 times)
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:49:29 AM

how to mine it ? Huh

What kind of hardware do you have?

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:26:03 AM

Team "AirCon" isn't coming back...

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:23:10 PM

Name:   AIRcoin
Activity:   42
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   February 20, 2014, 12:22:19 AM
Last Active:   Today at 02:42:01 PM

I am sure they are reading the forums and compiling some answers to add to the FAQs page, like they said they were going to do. The two week mark is nearly up though, from the last announcement.

However, they will be replying to a thin crowd of investors at this point. Investors who are still investing, and growing in holding-volume. We are already at 5% mined, of premine level now.

+2,629,556.44 AIR Blockchain
-2,500,000.00 Premine
================
= 129,556.44 Mined AIR = 5.1822576% of the Premine matched

I really wish they would just work with me here, on a solution. I would rather that the coin remain in the full ownership of AIRteam. With any of the suggestions made. Nothing I have suggested would impede them from doing what they NEED to do, and will only make it easier for them to achieve the goals, in the end. (Except the one about "setting the reward, based on price." Since the point of the alts, is that the reward auto-adjusts based on the price, via miners mining. Thus, it is redundant, and will only drive miners away. Plus, without "regulation", nothing stops them from "self interest", by setting those values. Defeats the purpose of "halving reward" as the nature of the statement of the coins attributes, if you can just double it up by altering it with a click of a button. Thus, yes, another contradiction in the "whitepaper".)
arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:27:44 AM

Team AirCoin will be back. If you have concerns or questions try as they requested use PM or email. They are responding promptly, certainly to reasonable, rational messages.

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:00:16 PM

Team AirCoin will be back. If you have concerns or questions try as they requested use PM or email. They are responding promptly, certainly to reasonable, rational messages.

I can confirm that. I wrote a email and got a quick, friendly response

Well then... I'm not confident enough to buy any now - but I was involved earlier, so I'm definitely curious to see what happens

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:37:13 PM

I wrote an email a week ago on their website and did not receive a response. I haven't sent one since then so they might have the time to respond now.

Mintpals' trading API has been released for closed beta which coincides well with the two week mark the devs were asking for. Of course mintpal want votes to add a coin and Aircoin is no where near the top of the list unless the devs know someone that knows someone.

In the meantime, have we ran out of dumpers? I like to buy more cheap coins but it keeps going up.
arniebaby

Activity: 279

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:46:31 PM

I wrote an email a week ago on their website and did not receive a response. I haven't sent one since then so they might have the time to respond now.

Mintpals' trading API has been released for closed beta which coincides well with the two week mark the devs were asking for. Of course mintpal want votes to add a coin and Aircoin is no where near the top of the list unless the devs know someone that knows someone.

In the meantime, have we ran out of dumpers? I like to buy more cheap coins but it keeps going up.

It's still cheap!!  ;-)

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:14:15 AM

It's still cheap!!  ;-)

And easy to mine!
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:30:11 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 11:22:18 PM by AIRcoin

We have made a decision on exactly how to proceed with improving the coin's code. What we will be doing is marking the currently traded coin as "AIRcoin Beta", and will make a wallet update with KGW fixes and new documentation to reflect that. It will still be supported for the time being, and it will be managed on Poloniex.

Next, we will prepare a code for the full version of AIRcoin, including the variable block reward and improved investment system. Before it is released however, we will announce (with 72 hours in advance) a 72 hour verification period where users of the coin will be able to verify their wallet addresses (and the amount of AIRcoin beta inside them), after which we will have a giveaway for the new blockchain based on the amount within the wallets during verification. This gives users plenty of time to buy or sell AIRcoin in advance of this news.

The new blockchain will have very similar stats to the old one, except with a premine increased to include the coins given away for the new releaseThe next difficulty adjustment algorithm will be our own variation on the Dark Gravity Well, with further improvements over KGW.

One change that has occurred this week, however: We have chosen Scrypt-N over X11, in part due to complications with implementing X11, and concerns over its ease of access for new users. The next coin will have a number of new features, and a full update list will come out before the verification period.

So the timeline will be:

0HR: Notice of new coin
72HR: Verification period begins
144HR: Verification Period Ends
- HR: Coin released

Mintpal has requested that AIRcoin be added to their exchange, and we will add AIRcoin to Mintpal after the next release, and we are currently working with a new, well-funded and professional exchange that will be arriving soon.

We are still answering questions via email (if you don't get a response within 48 hours, try either the contact form on the website, alexander's email (Alexander@teamaircoin.org) or the support email (support@teamaircoin.org). And we are still watching the threads, but as normal, we will update the threads with new information but still ask for users to either send private messages to this account or emails for direct questions. We've found that emails are a much better way of answering direct questions about the coin, as well as keeping the team focused on the task at hand.

This is just a step of evolution towards AIRcoin, and the support you guys have shown has really helped us learn and improve as time goes on. Those who remarked early that AIRcoin was a "long term coin" are very correct. We're all hoping that we can move forward as we try to improve the system and bring it to real world merchants.

Addendum:

The coins will be 1:1 at the amounts when verified in that 72 hour window.

However, this is explicitly not a transfer of funds. We are not accepting any of the old AIRcoin (AIRcoin beta) and you are free to continue using them, we are just using the support that others have (from their existing stores of AIRcoin) to distribute the new blockchain. The team is not moving coins from one location to another, they are just distributing new ones, and the old coin code still exists.

The timeline stated in the previous post will start (0HR) when the new coin's code is ready to be released and it is set up for exchange.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:59:26 PM

So are we getting a 1:1 exchange of AIRcoin-Betacoins to AIRcoin? (Or proportional, if initial reward is not the same, to start.)

What will the new-coins dev-premine be, the same? The same as it was before, or just an initial premine for us, to "transfer only actual mined coins, from Betacoins to AIRcoins"? (That is not quite clear. The way it is worded, it sounds like a lotto, with more chances to win, if we have more old-AIR coins? "Giveaway", may not be the best word to use. "Transfer of funds", would be more appropriate.)

An automated transfer would be easy enough... We deposit our coins into a "unique designated old-AIR address", and the same amount is deposited into our "submitted new-AIR address". (Note though, that this transfer service will have to remain active for several months. In which time, reward for mining old-AIR should be set to 0.00 AIR, after that block, which you intend to "disallow mining", but still have to keep the network alive for the transfers to happen. Which would include exchanges, who would have to auto-transfer on our behalf, for those of us who mine to pools, then deposit into the exchanges, without a personal wallet to do this transfer.)
crazyau

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:05:06 PM

I was fearing that a new coin would emerge and the old one would disappear, leaving lots of bag holders that stuck with it.
i have put all my mining and actually brought bitcoin for the first time and only 1/2 hour before the last big announcement grabbed what i could of aircoin, time will tell on how silly it was.
As to the ratio of old to new, we will find out.
I am glad the team have weathered the storm and posted here, as this is a common area that is checked for coins, hopefully the guys have read and absorbed from here and have a thick skin as is sometimes needed Smiley .
The only advantage i see so far of different scrypts is the more gradual adjustments to hashing power, obviously difficulty to mine relates to the minimum sell price people place on a coin - but not always.

will Poloniex be supported for the new coin as well?
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:24:32 PM

Quote from: AIRcoin
Next, we will prepare a code for the full version of AIRcoin, including the variable block reward and improved investment system. Before it is released however, we will announce (with 72 hours in advance) a 72 hour verification period where users of the coin will be able to verify their wallet addresses (and the amount of AIRcoin beta inside them), after which we will have a giveaway for the new blockchain based on the amount within the wallets during verification. This gives users plenty of time to buy or sell AIRcoin in advance of this news.
So are we getting a 1:1 exchange of AIRcoin-Betacoins to AIRcoin? (Or proportional, if initial reward is not the same, to start.)

^^THIS^^

Your post above is unclear on whether this is actually happening or not - will we be able to convert our existing AIRcoin into the new AIRcoin?  "Giveaway" implies you're just doing a random promotion to give away an amount of AIR equal to the amount verified during the verification period.  We are going to be compensated for the existing AIRcoin we have in our wallets, correct?
hyeoam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:35:02 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/AIR

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
Cryptosapiens

Activity: 266

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:52:23 PM

What will the new-coins dev-premine be, the same? The same as it was before, or just an initial premine for us, to "transfer only actual mined coins, from Betacoins to AIRcoins"?

As far as i understood the premine will have the same numbers of coins PLUS the necessary coins for users's exchange from old to new coin.

The new blockchain will have very similar stats to the old one, except with a premine increased to include the coins given away for the new release
Juicemixer

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:55:24 PM

I just want to know if this will all take place days, weeks, or months from now. Should I keep mining if the giveaway is just a random reward on whether you receive coins or not?
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:58:43 PM

I just want to know if this will all take place days, weeks, or months from now. Should I keep mining if the giveaway is just a random reward on whether you receive coins or not?

The timeline is explicitly stated in their post from today.

So the timeline will be:

Cryptosapiens

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:04:59 PM

I think you are safe to keep mining. Giveaway  will be proportional,  anything other than that, like random rewards, would be silly!
crunner

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:20:34 PM

The timeline is explicitly stated in their post from today.

So the timeline will be:

Actually, it's not explicit. They gave no indication how long it will be until 0 hour, which is essentially what Juicemixer is asking.
AIRcoin (OP)

Activity: 70

AIRcoin Alexander

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:21:42 PM

To clarify: Yes, the coins will be 1:1 at the amounts when verified in that 72 hour window.

However, this is explicitly not a transfer of funds. We are not accepting any of the old AIRcoin (AIRcoin beta) and you are free to continue using them, we are just using the support that others have (from their existing stores of AIRcoin) to distribute the new blockchain. The team is not moving coins from one location to another, they are just distributing new ones, and the old coin code still exists.

The timeline stated in the previous post will start (0HR) when the new coin's code is ready to be released and it is set up for exchange.
Cryptosapiens

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:56:33 PM

To clarify: Yes, the coins will be 1:1 at the amounts when verified in that 72 hour window.

Everything is clear now, thanks!

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: