Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:43:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox is now blaming protestors for holding up FIAT and BTC  (Read 2998 times)
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:47:10 PM

My guess is that the move has nothing to do with security and that they had to move because they can no longer pay the rent.
I would find it more likely that the management and other tenants in the multi-tenant office got upset with the demonstration and attention.

While it is possible that MtGox is insolvent when it comes to paying out everyone deposits of fiat and BTC, the income from the transaction fee on trades is significant so I would have thought they would use that for rent.

i cant agree with that. Gox took up four of eight floors. and as pointed out, the demonstrations werent demonstrations at all.

they are taking in a million USD a month, thats now, with their reduced market share. there rent is miniscule. i linked their rents in the main bitching thread. rent doesnt touch their monthly income. they cant just move in a day either, they must have had both offices the whole time.

but why am i even responding to you trolls?
You appear to have just agreed with me.
severance26

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:49:42 PM

My guess is that the move has nothing to do with security and that they had to move because they can no longer pay the rent.
I would find it more likely that the management and other tenants in the multi-tenant office got upset with the demonstration and attention.

While it is possible that MtGox is insolvent when it comes to paying out everyone deposits of fiat and BTC, the income from the transaction fee on trades is significant so I would have thought they would use that for rent.

i cant agree with that. Gox took up four of eight floors. and as pointed out, the demonstrations werent demonstrations at all.

they are taking in a million USD a month, thats now, with their reduced market share. there rent is miniscule. i linked their rents in the main bitching thread. rent doesnt touch their monthly income. they cant just move in a day either, they must have had both offices the whole time.

but why am i even responding to you trolls?
You appear to have just agreed with me.

touche, salesman...
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:53:06 PM

I for one dont understand the protesters. To be honest there is nothing they can gain from going there, only incur extra losses for paying for travel (say london to Japan costs a bit)

It's not like the company is public and they have shares in it, it's private. Instead of wasting their time up there they should review their legal options.

Probably all or most of their savings are there, and they got desperate. Not rational but easy to understand. I would have paid a lawyer intead of spending with trips.
bei_neureichs

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:59:29 PM

Well you can't blame Gox.

The sight of two gentlemen peacefully protesting with laptops and a webcam would create such a disturbance and riots in the streets that Gox would have to pack up everything and move to a new location.

Karpeles needs to get his fat ass kicked.

A price on his head is coming closer if loose my coins.

Fuck YOU MT GOX!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: