Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We will break 32 by Friday  (Read 3559 times)
lebing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 01:29:23 PM

If there are enough bears that disagree with me, I'll make a bet.

how much are you ready to bet? I'll take up to 10 BTC we wont make it for this friday 23.59.59 GMT.
Let me know if interested.

P.S.) Your acceptance must come before the price hits 30, no betting when the ball hits the number is allowed  ;-)

Gotta bump this thread earlier! Looks like you probably would win... but it will be close  Grin

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:21:18 AM

Looks like you might be right about breaking 32 by Friday... I have a question - What do people think will happen when price hits the all time high? Are people expecting a pull back (if lots of people hit their target and sell, or sell expecting others to do the same). Or if it breaks the $32 mark and continues to rise, will we see a big rally as people panic buy, not wanting to miss the boat?

Just fishing for opinions here...

1 year later...
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:12:41 AM

Looks like you might be right about breaking 32 by Friday... I have a question - What do people think will happen when price hits the all time high? Are people expecting a pull back (if lots of people hit their target and sell, or sell expecting others to do the same). Or if it breaks the $32 mark and continues to rise, will we see a big rally as people panic buy, not wanting to miss the boat?

1 year later...

It took me a while to notice that OP was on 17 February 2013 and not 2014.

\me "What the hell are they talking about?"  Huh
Tirapon

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:50:26 PM

1 year later...

It took me a while to notice that OP was on 17 February 2013 and not 2014.

\me "What the hell are they talking about?"  Huh

Just thought I'd dig this one up from last year - I was relatively new to Bitcoin back then, and everyone was speculating as to whether we would break the 2011 ATH of $32. Since then we have had a crash from $260 to $50, followed by a recovery and then another rally once the $260 ATH was broken. Then we crashed from $1200 to $380, and now we are speculating as to whether we will return to the $1200 ATH. Any guesses as to what happens next?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4461

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:38:33 PM

everyone was speculating as to whether we would break the 2011 ATH of $32. Since then we have had a crash from $260 to $50, followed by a recovery and then another rally once the $260 ATH was broken. Then we crashed from $1200 to $380, and now we are speculating as to whether we will return to the $1200 ATH. Any guesses as to what happens next?

Same old thing. A period of consolidation below the mean followed by another parabolic rise. Each rally's low being slightly less than twice the previous rally's high. Each final capitulation price being somewhat higher than the flash crash low, or about twice the previous rally's high.

It should continue in roughly this manner until adoption levels off and the s-curve finishes its vertical phase.
seldon

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:50:30 PM

OMG! Go to the bank and get a mortgate to buy bitcoins! I will gladly sell them to you Wink

In hindsight a nice offer Smiley
Tirapon

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:14:52 PM

everyone was speculating as to whether we would break the 2011 ATH of $32. Since then we have had a crash from $260 to $50, followed by a recovery and then another rally once the $260 ATH was broken. Then we crashed from $1200 to $380, and now we are speculating as to whether we will return to the $1200 ATH. Any guesses as to what happens next?

Same old thing. A period of consolidation below the mean followed by another parabolic rise. Each rally's low being slightly less than twice the previous rally's high. Each final capitulation price being somewhat higher than the flash crash low, or about twice the previous rally's high.

It should continue in roughly this manner until adoption levels off and the s-curve finishes its vertical phase.

Hope you've reloaded, countdown until next launch T-10 days and counting....

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:25:38 PM

nice one. what a strange ponzi scheme  Wink
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:33:53 PM

This is another favorite from an old thread, "Near dollar parity on MtGox" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3073.20 ):

I'm getting a bit scared actually.  While I'm happy to see my initial investment from a month ago increase so much in value, I can't help but think that this is a bubble, given just how quickly it's more than doubled in price.  Ah well, in the end I suppose I didn't buy them as a get-rich-quick scheme so it's not really all that important.  Just would be a shame to have to say "I should have sold when they were worth something."

A bit over three years ago the fear was it wouldn't reach (or stay above) $1.  Every few months it is the same thing.  "It is a bubble" etc.  ;-)
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:52:54 PM

This is another favorite from an old thread, "Near dollar parity on MtGox" (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3073.20 ):

I'm getting a bit scared actually.  While I'm happy to see my initial investment from a month ago increase so much in value, I can't help but think that this is a bubble, given just how quickly it's more than doubled in price.  Ah well, in the end I suppose I didn't buy them as a get-rich-quick scheme so it's not really all that important.  Just would be a shame to have to say "I should have sold when they were worth something."

A bit over three years ago the fear was it wouldn't reach (or stay above) $1.  Every few months it is the same thing.  "It is a bubble" etc.  ;-)

LOL!!!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: