Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:25:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to improve the Airdrop Community  (Read 142 times)
altcoingi (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2019, 11:05:22 PM

The problem that i see is that a lot of Airdrop channels don't bother to check the Project behind it or if it is legit.

I even encountered a Fake Airdrop today on telegram that got extreme hype. The worst is that i got the invitiation link from a Channel with over 60k members..

I think that is unacceptable. Not only wasting time with an Airdrop that you will never recieve, but also provide sensitive data to people that shouldn't have it.
Sometimes even KYC...

Altcoingi Airdrops will bring this to an end, providing subscribers with qualitative and legit airdrop projects posted on a daily basis.

We also have a group chat where you can discuss everything about airdrops and cryptocurrencies in general!

Thank you very much for your time.

telegram channel: https://t.me/altcoingi_airdrops

telegram group for chat: https://t.me/altcoingi_airdrops_chat

twitter: https://twitter.com/altcoingi

Please share you experience with fake airdrops below! I would love to hear them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 06:47:28 AM

so another airdrop will solve the scamming airdrop?

people here are tired of all this promises,sorry to say but i dont think that you will gain even one with this kind of strategy.

how do we know that what you will give is legit?will you pay for in their behalf if they fail to give payments?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 08:44:20 AM

something good, I appreciate your efforts. But for fake airdrops and KYC does not always have a valid conjunction and their rules can change at any time without being desired. Chat / status will only end with a majority of normal conversation prevention / history, and the rest accept the risk that occurs after following the suggested airdrop.
altcoingi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 01:33:02 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2019, 01:49:08 PM by altcoingi

people here are tired of all this promises,sorry to say but i dont think that you will gain even one with this kind of strategy.

how do we know that what you will give is legit?will you pay for in their behalf if they fail to give payments?

You clearly didn't understand my message.  Huh

I don't do airdrops, i promote legit Airdrops, i research them and approve them. Other Airdrop Channel post almost everyday some kind of Airdrops.

Thats a huge difference.

something good, I appreciate your efforts. But for fake airdrops and KYC does not always have a valid conjunction and their rules can change at any time without being desired. Chat / status will only end with a majority of normal conversation prevention / history, and the rest accept the risk that occurs after following the suggested airdrop.

Thank you for your reply, thats what i want to improve, the people in my channel don't have to worry that rules change or need to take a risk by providing data..Because i research everything about the project. Most of the time,  a visit on twitter on the original token/coin profile is enough to expose the airdrop as fake. So far is my experience. I hope i understood what you tried to tell me.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 01:54:49 PM

I don't do airdrops, i promote legit Airdrops, i research them and approve them. Other Airdrop Channel post almost everyday some kind of Airdrops.

Thats a huge difference.

ohh,my bad lol..now i get it.

change my stand and will be looking to your channel as well.sorry for misunderstanding .keep it up and hope you will change the views of people now regarding shit airdrops.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
altcoingi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2019, 04:31:33 PM

Thats a huge difference.

ohh,my bad lol..now i get it.

change my stand and will be looking to your channel as well.sorry for misunderstanding .keep it up and hope you will change the views of people now regarding shit airdrops.

No worries! Thank you very much, i appreciate every little support!
SheriffEl

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 06:10:15 PM

The problem that i see is that a lot of Airdrop channels don't bother to check the Project behind it or if it is legit.

I even encountered a Fake Airdrop today on telegram that got extreme hype. The worst is that i got the invitiation link from a Channel with over 60k members..

I think that is unacceptable. Not only wasting time with an Airdrop that you will never recieve, but also provide sensitive data to people that shouldn't have it.
Sometimes even KYC...

Altcoingi Airdrops will bring this to an end, providing subscribers with qualitative and legit airdrop projects posted on a daily basis.

We also have a group chat where you can discuss everything about airdrops and cryptocurrencies in general!

Please share you experience with fake airdrops below! I would love to hear them.

I agree with what you were saying. Everyone should do a background check on the project before entering the airdrop, but the problem is people are hungry for money nowadays. Good job on creating a group for commenting aidrops, will go and take a look for sure. Note that there is also plenty of facebook pages to check up on airdrops
debitel

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 06:16:23 PM

Sometimes even KYC...

I understand the problem you are trying to solve, but in my experience a lot of people don't care about the project and they only join for the coins which they sell in a minute after distribution
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 08:42:42 PM

I don't do airdrops but as I can see this is another channel that also promotes or suggests projects/airdrops.

But what would be your basis and how do you research before listing those airdrops?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
altcoingi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 09:58:16 AM

I agree with what you were saying. Everyone should do a background check on the project before entering the airdrop, but the problem is people are hungry for money nowadays. Good job on creating a group for commenting aidrops, will go and take a look for sure. Note that there is also plenty of facebook pages to check up on airdrops

I understand the problem you are trying to solve, but in my experience a lot of people don't care about the project and they only join for the coins which they sell in a minute after distribution

Yes, there will be always unteachable persons who just blindly accept and follow everything only because they see a $ Sign lol, but at least in my channel they won't have to worry to encounter fakes!

I don't do airdrops but as I can see this is another channel that also promotes or suggests projects/airdrops.

But what would be your basis and how do you research before listing those airdrops?

Yes i only promote!

Good Question, most of the time the scammers don't put a lot of effort in to the fake airdrops, sometimes they even just open social media channels and a telegram bot.
98% of the time is a visit on the original twitter profile of the Coin/token ( they always use existing coins/tokens) enough to expose them as fakes.

the 2%~ are a small exception which is very rare, where they put a lot of effort in even creating sometimes fake coins, putting up a website, whitepaper and everything. I guess these people make a lot of money with the data of the people otherwise i don't see a reason why they put so much effort in to. Need to dive really deep, most of the time their bad english exposes them and let the whole project look sketchy, lets be real, you don't put up a Whitepaper without letting someone proof reading it for good money to be 100% sure. Especially when you are not native english. Their main target audience (Just a guess, Asia, Africa) won't notice this though most of the time thats why they get so big so fast.

Got a Question for you guys:

Do you have any idea how they are making money with these data? Is it Blackmailing? or using it to spam advertisment in the future on your email/phone whatever you gave them? I just don't get it how someone builds up a huge channel just to use it to scam people. When they could use it to earn honest money. The greed seems to get bigger and bigger in our Society, its like evil cancer that keeps spreading, people who got scammed also try to scam cause they see how easy it is...

Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 12:02:36 PM

I agree with you. Airdrops have become a problem to the cryptocurrency community lately.
This happens because people promote even scam projects as they don't read about them.
But how would you eliminate this trend? is there a way to tackle this problem?
altcoingi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 08:02:43 PM

I agree with you. Airdrops have become a problem to the cryptocurrency community lately.
This happens because people promote even scam projects as they don't read about them.

Me alone could never eliminate this problem. The Terminator could probably  Grin just kidding, i think a lot of trust is lost, and its hard for the people to trust again.

I try to tackle the problem by showing people that it can be different. Of course the people don't trust my postings blindly, i wouldn't expect that, but after some time maybe they will notice, and maybe some other people like my idea and adapt to it. Trying also to provide only legit airdrops, research them, put some effort in it, maybe also show some love and affection for cryptocurrencies, because this is the future and we are all a part of it. It is in our hands what we make out of it.

Isn't this the main idea of crypto? Giving us the people back the power over our money, not having to put it on a bank which are the biggest scammers in the world, in need to trust them that our money is secure even when they are playing with it like it was theirs? Just look back to 2008. It was a disaster.

in 100 Years people will talk about us as pioneers in a revolution like it never happened before. And it would be a shame if scamming would stay a part of it.

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 08:45:09 PM

Yes i only promote!

Good Question, most of the time the scammers don't put a lot of effort in to the fake airdrops, sometimes they even just open social media channels and a telegram bot.
98% of the time is a visit on the original twitter profile of the Coin/token ( they always use existing coins/tokens) enough to expose them as fakes.

the 2%~ are a small exception which is very rare, where they put a lot of effort in even creating sometimes fake coins, putting up a website, whitepaper and everything. I guess these people make a lot of money with the data of the people otherwise i don't see a reason why they put so much effort in to. Need to dive really deep, most of the time their bad english exposes them and let the whole project look sketchy, lets be real, you don't put up a Whitepaper without letting someone proof reading it for good money to be 100% sure. Especially when you are not native english. Their main target audience (Just a guess, Asia, Africa) won't notice this though most of the time thats why they get so big so fast.
Okay, I guess I get it now on how you research and dedicate time looking for those 'good' airdrops.

Your primary source is their social media accounts and if it looks like an obvious fake airdrop, you can see on how they post. About the professionalism that's on their whitepaper and websites, yeah it's also a good source and factor.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Durdenkingtyler

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 11:29:34 PM

You are trying to improve the Airdrop community, but it seems like you are promoting pretty sketchy projects yourself.

You are promoting projects such as MiningCurrencyToken: http://prntscr.com/pztru0

The project has no info about team, no whitepaper and has "allegedly" raised 5 million USD which is highly unlikely. Also no serious project would allocate $40 dollars in tokens to each Telegram referral.

Additionally the website is made unprofessionally, all the social media icons leads to the homepage.

Please explain to me how this is a high quality, legit airdrop?
altcoingi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 02:34:31 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2019, 02:50:28 PM by altcoingi

You are trying to improve the Airdrop community, but it seems like you are promoting pretty sketchy projects yourself.

You are promoting projects such as MiningCurrencyToken: http://prntscr.com/pztru0

The project has no info about team, no whitepaper and has "allegedly" raised 5 million USD which is highly unlikely. Also no serious project would allocate $40 dollars in tokens to each Telegram referral.

Additionally the website is made unprofessionally, all the social media icons leads to the homepage.

Please explain to me how this is a high quality, legit airdrop?

Edit: You are probably right, when i posted it 7 Days ago i wasn't sure about the whitepaper i thought maybe they will add it, and the 5Million accumulation wasn't there either 7 days ago. Im gonna take it out. Thank you!

Did you find any else sketchy project that i posted or only this one?

I have a sketchy project for you as example:

https://imgur.com/a/isI3dhI

Just read the text on their website.

The airdrop is spreading pretty fast among the community and airdrop channels.

Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 03:14:08 PM

Me alone could never eliminate this problem. The Terminator could probably  Grin just kidding, i think a lot of trust is lost, and its hard for the people to trust again.

I try to tackle the problem by showing people that it can be different. Of course the people don't trust my postings blindly, i wouldn't expect that, but after some time maybe they will notice, and maybe some other people like my idea and adapt to it. Trying also to provide only legit airdrops, research them, put some effort in it, maybe also show some love and affection for cryptocurrencies, because this is the future and we are all a part of it. It is in our hands what we make out of it.

Isn't this the main idea of crypto? Giving us the people back the power over our money, not having to put it on a bank which are the biggest scammers in the world, in need to trust them that our money is secure even when they are playing with it like it was theirs? Just look back to 2008. It was a disaster.

in 100 Years people will talk about us as pioneers in a revolution like it never happened before. And it would be a shame if scamming would stay a part of it.

I think that if you want to tackle the scam in Airdrops functions we have to stop airdrops at all.
The idea of giving away free money is the root of the problem.
The desire of acquiring money for free is what makes people try to scam others and the latter believe the former ones.
altcoingi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 03:48:51 PM

I think that if you want to tackle the scam in Airdrops functions we have to stop airdrops at all.
The idea of giving away free money is the root of the problem.
The desire of acquiring money for free is what makes people try to scam others and the latter believe the former ones.

If you see it this way, Airdrops can be the rise and downfall at the same time for Crypto, it would take ages to reach a significant amount of people and to get them also interested in their new Currency without Airdrops.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: