Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH switch to PoS will kill GPU mining but everybody seems pretty relaxed  (Read 2810 times)
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 05:39:26 PM

that’s because alot of us have transitioned to yeild farming and  sold most of our gear
the remaining gear runs just hot enough to heat our hones in the winter or hobby farm.

mining as a buisness is for the big boya now but yeild farming provides more income anyways

THIS haha

i still have some rigs, but im taking the easy money in Defi.
At this rate ill be retired in a year, 100-300%APYs :O
im making 10x as much in defi and its 95% passive, Defi/yield farming is the shit

People always talked about how much exchanges make in fees, and now im getting a cut of that , love live Uniswap/Sushiswap/Harvest!

Honestly, most of the small people still mining are prob just on nicehash anyways, these people arent really miners to begin with Tongue

shhh, this forum definitely needs a defi section without shilling, shows how far behind ppl are here still concerned about mining 😆
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 09, 2020, 02:53:52 PM

Thanks to all for your replies. Some of them have made me a bit more optimistic about the future of GPU mining.

I would not believe the information from this forum. It is flooded with noobs that have no idea about mining.

At this current time ETH allocates for over 77% of emission to GPU miners. Once it will go POS all GPU miners around the world will have 77% less profits altogether.

Miners with a lot of knowledge will probably be able to find new coins, but miners that use whattomine, nicehash and other "default" mining strategies will be defensless.

Just my 2c.
There will always be a second choice mate, once upon a time bitcoin was the most profitable coin to mine and Ethereum took over when bitcoin because extremely hard to mine without super hardwares, Raven coin is pretty close you know, let's wait and see how things will go once Ethereum fully goes proof of staking

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 08:17:06 AM

Thanks to all for your replies. Some of them have made me a bit more optimistic about the future of GPU mining.

I would not believe the information from this forum. It is flooded with noobs that have no idea about mining.

At this current time ETH allocates for over 77% of emission to GPU miners. Once it will go POS all GPU miners around the world will have 77% less profits altogether.

Miners with a lot of knowledge will probably be able to find new coins, but miners that use whattomine, nicehash and other "default" mining strategies will be defensless.

Just my 2c.
There will always be a second choice mate, once upon a time bitcoin was the most profitable coin to mine and Ethereum took over when bitcoin because extremely hard to mine without super hardwares, Raven coin is pretty close you know, let's wait and see how things will go once Ethereum fully goes proof of staking

when is ethereum go fully pos?

This is my signature...
KaratX

Activity: 252
Merit: 29

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 09:27:40 AM

Ethereum isn't the only coin on the surface on earth and about the hash rate a new project will take over, this won't make GPU mining rigs go obsolete, POW algorithm can drive scarcity for example look how scarce bitcoin is today, to mine bitcoin now you will need extreme fast asic miners and 10 years back you can mine 1 BTC with a pentium 4 CPU in just days

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: