Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:28:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do these Jumps in value come from in altcoins  (Read 396 times)
C1V (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:15:36 AM

I have been messing around in bittrix for a few days now experimenting with day/swing trading for the first time. I understand how new information coming out can greatly effect prices via news articles and even tweets sometimes. What im having trouble understanding is coins that seem like they're doing nothing in the market for days/weeks/months will then jump up in value 20,30 or 40% without to my knowledge any news coming out or external reason for the jump in price.

I see this is all sorts of coins but for example adtoken (ADT) last Monday (July 23) had that big jump up in price. Now today very recently has had a small jump up. I'm still new to this and have a lot to learn but any tips or advice on this topic will go a long way.

Edit: i have since learned adt was added to Upbit last monday and hence the jump in price. ( i guess it was a bad example)
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1068

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 01:45:29 AM

For every rise above 10% there's got to be some news whether be it public or not.
In case of small cap coins, a series of buying from a whale can have a huge rise in price.
And for larger cap coins, huge whales like hedge funds or investment companies buying can make a difference.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
fairyvibes

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:54:48 AM

Most of these coins are just pumped up by manipulation.  These are just quick pump and dump schemes to get fools to FOMO and buy in.
JaekRock

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 03:17:31 AM

I have been messing around in bittrix for a few days now experimenting with day/swing trading for the first time. I understand how new information coming out can greatly effect prices via news articles and even tweets sometimes. What im having trouble understanding is coins that seem like they're doing nothing in the market for days/weeks/months will then jump up in value 20,30 or 40% without to my knowledge any news coming out or external reason for the jump in price.

I see this is all sorts of coins but for example adtoken (ADT) last Monday (July 23) had that big jump up in price. Now today very recently has had a small jump up. I'm still new to this and have a lot to learn but any tips or advice on this topic will go a long way.

Edit: i have since learned adt was added to Upbit last monday and hence the jump in price. ( i guess it was a bad example)

I don't think that's a bad example.  I think one of the most frequent and repeatable trends is a pump when the coin gets added to a new larger exchange, so if you see a coin in big 2-digit or 3-digit % gains, that could very well be it.  Or, some coins are thinly traded and a small volume can make a big difference...not necessarily good coins to go into, but could be behind larger jumps.  I think the launch of testnets and certainly mainnets are another scenario large jumps normally occur.  Outside of that stuff, you have news releases that strengthen the coins use case, an endorsement/investment by a person or company, or a whale that decided to buy into the sell orders...all that could trigger FOMO.  Lots of different reasons that a coin could spike, and they can be difficult to predict.
Greenw87dpecker

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:23:24 AM

Often coins and tokens pump artificially raise the price. This is a very common phenomenon.The smaller the capitalization of the coin, the easier it is to stamp. Do not pay attention to it, because for earnings you need to know in advance where the pump will be.

❐ COINECT   ❐ 
█████  AI-based decentralized   █████
arbitrage trading system
duongdaiduong

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

Prices sometimes rise by FoMO from the community.
Also if the project is worthy of attention, they have good news (just signed a new contract with a partner ...), this will make the community pay attention to their tokens and promote purchasing power ...
Also, the price increase can be manipulated by whales.
listoncrypto

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:10:19 AM

This is common issue. To rising their coins price they try to promote their coin. they just  manipulated you and to buy their coin immediately . I will suggest you don't do this.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:23:38 AM

Most of these coins are just pumped up by manipulation.  These are just quick pump and dump schemes to get fools to FOMO and buy in.

Mostly because of the manipulation but sometimes it's because of those signal groups. If you haven't joined those signal groups they always have schedule of what time they'll make hype in exchanges and what coin will they pump. So more likely, you'll experience this quick jump when you do day trading.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:35:18 AM

This is a so common trait that often coins get pumped up it is quite artificial. May be coins get manipulated or they get added to new bigger exchange what makes them rise in price suddenly.
sunlitit654

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:46:44 AM

As my perception getting manipulated by whales make the coins increase in price. Because of FOFO this sudden spiking up of coins could also be possible too. So this incident is unpredictable
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:29:50 AM

If you see a sudden change of the price either going up or down you can be damn sure that there is some sort of whale group behind it trying to affect the price because only whales have enough power to change the price of something so quickly, however there are people who panic sell or panic buy that also has an affect and that just keeps the run going for a little longer.

Whales knows this so they put up some of their own money to drop the price (or increase it) and than watch people do their jobs by following their directions. We should not be stupid enough to actually reach to markets ups and downs that quickly. Just keep on watching when something happens and not react like selling or buying (well you can buy, I wouldn't mind). These swings has been a part of bitcoin for 10 years now, we need to get used to it by now but there is always new people who react too quickly on market swings.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:53:55 AM

"I feel most people will be dumping BCC right after they get it for the actual
 bitcoin so the price will dip so fast that it will be hard to be one of the first to
 sell it for a good price.I see that the best way to profit from this is to actually
 buy the coins that everyone is dropping at crazy cheap prices and wait for
 everyone to get their BCC and buy back the altcoins. After everyone is happy
 with their BCC they will redirect their attention back to the altcoin market and
 prices will rise once again.The profit from the jump in price on the altcoins can
 be much greater then getting BCC and selling it."
bontkoli01

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:15:47 PM

the market price keep changing every moments , if you have trade here earlier you will able to understand the unstablety of the the market , so do not get influence by these ups and downs or don't be panic by seeing this unstable market ,things will be improved very soon
nickmiller

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 06:54:17 PM

It is difficult to predict the future. I think the price jumping is only the trend, When there is a lot of demand in the market and there is no supply. I think more studies should be done. The best knowledge about the market is that it is possible to do good business.
alanfox

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:05:21 PM

I suggest you to don't be manipulated to see their coin price are jumping. It just short time rising i think. They just promoting their coin and try to get your attention to buy their coin.  Undecided Cry
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2800
Merit: 574

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:08:12 PM

I think what you witnessing is called pump-and-dump scheme. If you are not aware, those so called groups will choose a coin that they will suddenly pump as hard as they can, they can even pumped more than a 100% but then they will dump it and take home the profits. Yeah, probably listing a new coin in a exchange also contributed to the price jump. I also advice you to read this article: https://cryptobriefing.com/how-to-spot-a-pump-and-dump-avoid/

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
iamreal

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:14:38 PM

Yeah I agree news affects the price of crypto currency and it determines the direction of a market, if it is a good news and the impact will be increase in price of the said coin, but if the news is bad then the price will go down, that's how crypto market works
MatthewNaccarato

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:22:43 AM

Price fluctuations are mostly, due to influence from the community and sometimes, there are reasons like organization having new deals,or adapting to up new technologies.
DiamondsAndCoins

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:25:05 AM

If you have seen these types of jumps recently I would have to agree with everyone else and say it's a pump and dump scheme.  Coins will pump on solid news.  They will also pump when new money enters the market. 

biogesic

Merit: 9

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:32:39 AM

As always, altcoins are just pump and dumps. Just avoid buying in to pumps, be careful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: