Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:29:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Earning Merit on the forum seems to be difficult for newbies.  (Read 662 times)
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 06:34:24 AM

That is the biggest difficulty that the jr. members are in to right now, I hope that the bitcointalk admins can do a better solution to this problem. But as of now, better be patient, make some good quality post in order for other users to appreciate it and luckily they give you some merit points.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rosstiller

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:41:10 AM

I believe  merit depends on comment and post. I can say it depend on your overall activity in this forum. If you know well in this sector your comment and post will portrait it. So try to gather proper knowledge about it.
Nicolas Bebek

Activity: 335
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:47:14 AM

I think not only for the newbie, but for everything. Now indeed hard pressed to get a merit. Especially after a system that made increasingly strict. So the more difficult raising the rank of accounts that we have.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:54:00 AM

Most of us who recently joined the forum to learn more about cryptocurrency seem to find it very difficult to earn merits on the forum. Most of us try so hard to earn merits but most time find it as mission impossible.
I just wish someone can put us through to earn merits as a number of them is required to rank up from Jr. Member rank.

I certainly agree with you. It is really hard to get merit these days because it is impossible for users with higher ranking to donate or to share merit. I think it would be hard for newbies or jr members to attain a higher ranking no matter how hard they work for it.
Navneet1120

Activity: 233

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:06:39 AM

It is tough to earn merit on the forum now. Only if people find your post constructive and useful , then they give you merits.
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:31:11 AM

The big plus of introducing the system is that there is less spam and there are more messages filled with meaning. However, it is not very clear how the owners of merits assess the posts themselves. It seems that I write something informative, but still does not merit.
Rubel23

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:37:09 AM

True that.Its kinda impossible to ranked up to member. I Got the Jr member rank a while ago,but still struggling to get the member rank for which merit is needed. I think The community should think something or do some changes So that newbies and jr members get the chance of getting merit.
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:43:34 AM

Most of us who recently joined the forum to learn more about cryptocurrency seem to find it very difficult to earn merits on the forum. Most of us try so hard to earn merits but most time find it as mission impossible.
I just wish someone can put us through to earn merits as a number of them is required to rank up from Jr. Member rank.

instead of you, we are here working hard for it, but I don't think you are focused on getting merit, there is still much you can do like studying trade, analyzing analysis and trying to invest. in this crypto industry you can do anything to bring profit not just stuck to merit and bounty.
KobbyC

Activity: 361

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:43:46 AM

Earning merits is very difficult. Most of those who hold the merit have a hard time sharing even if a constructive post is being made. It seems impossible to get even after the hard work is done.
Trainer75

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:49:37 AM

I agree with your opinion!
It is very difficult to check the merit in this forum. There are no merit points.
It will also reduce the spam rate in this forum.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:58:29 AM

Inevitably you have to do a lot of ways to be even better, in addition to making quality posts. currently competition is getting tougher and some members have violated many rules. with the existence of merit, we can learn more to have more integrity and quality.
JohnDcosta

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:08:59 AM

Contributing to the community will definitely help you to earn merits, just make sure to post quality stuff consistently, One or two irrelevant posts have the ability to lower your chances of getting merits. I hope you'll not lose hope and keep helping the community and earn merits for yourself in the process.
nunibanuni

Activity: 109

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 08:16:30 AM

As you have said, we are here to learn more about cryptocurrency and do you think that you have enough knowledge? Why the rush? Before earning merits it is good that you prove yourself to others, i think it feels good to receive merit if you really helped someone here and not by begging.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:30:51 AM

It was done by bitcointalk mods to prevent abuse on bounties last year.

A lot of people are creating multiple accounts, low quality post and joining one bounty campaign with multiple accounts thus ended up scamming the bounty community and the bounty organizers.

I hope there will be changes as well, maybe 2x the existing activity will be sufficient for an account to rank up.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:19:50 PM

Maybe because they are posting merit topics in altcoin section and they expect their post to be merited even though they are posting in the wrong forum.  Wink
You want to get merit? There are few rules:

1) be constructive
2) don't post in altcoin section
3) don't post in altcoin section

and last rule:

4) Don't post in altcoin section  Grin
What are you going on about? There is no specific rule stating that merit won't be given to posters posting in the altcoin discussion forum. Why would anyone discourage it in the first place? The truth is that it is extremely difficult to earn merit(Not impossible though), but it is worth it in the long run to minimize the spam in this forum. Everyone should focus on posting whatever they feel like posting, but try to improve your grammar and come up with more detailed posts instead of 1-liners. Focus on improving your writing quality which would most likely help you at the very least become a member in this forum.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:27:42 PM

WOrking in this forum seems so dificult to reach in a high rank. Before it was quick and easy to promote our ranks since only number of post are required unlike now that we need to earn merits in order to be promoted. And to get that merit we need to post a very useful ang informative post. But some cannot do that since a new member does'nt know more about this forum yet.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
lawalganiyu

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 12:58:06 PM

It seems difficult to earn for newbies  because some bounties need any star upgrade from newbie and even some aspect that newbie is require in bounties you will get better tokens accordingly to how upgrade your star is
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:25:59 PM

yeah, its a really really hard to be merited by others. even if you have a best post articles or a thread here. a small amount of chances to be merited, just accept the fact that we gotta stocked in here, i hope this coming Christmas maybe global moderator will give a merit gift to us.
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:49:55 PM

I agree with you, gaining merit here in the forum is very difficult, and people saying merit is not hard to get should count their self lucky because if the merit system is in place since the start of this forum, most high ranking members will still be jr member without one single merit after so many years.
vallytech

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:20:17 PM

I think the reason why we don't normally get merit is because we normally focus on bounty and meeting up the bounty weekly task, so no one actually take a long time to research on some topic, most people only spend time on altcoin section because it is where the bounty requires us to post, so it makes most people not to visit other sections, I believe if you take time and post quality content on other section, merit will surely come
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: