Bitcoin Forum
October 23, 2017, 10:44:35 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold-plated Bitcoin bearer bar  (Read 5538 times)
minerjones
Legendary

Activity: 1162

http://bitsend.info BitSend - The #1 masternode

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 01:37:05 PM

This is a product I am bringing to the Bitcoin market.  It should be available in a few weeks.

Like the 25 btc Physical Bitcoins, these are gold plated bars that are made to look valuable.  A great way to dress your Bitcoins for what they're worth, and a way for Grandma to hold bitcoins that's easy to understand and requires no technical knowledge.

I'm planning on offering them in two versions:

1 - a 100 BTC bar with a hologram, which works just like a Casascius physical bitcoin.  The hologram itself will be specific to this product and will say Casascius 100 BTC directly on it.

2 - a non-denominated savings bar with a hologram.  You buy your own, and load your own BTC.  The hologram itself will be a Casascius hologram with a valid private key and the hologram says zero BTC, which is mainly a clue that one should check the balance before accepting the bar in a face-to-face transaction.  This is mainly to cater to those who want a good-looking bar, but don't want to send 100 BTC or more through the mail, or who might want it for a different denomination.  I may have the ability to laser-etch other denominations into the bar, but that remains to be seen.

I'm interested in feedback and thoughts.

The bars are 4cm x 8cm, 6mm thick, and weigh about 138g.
It would be nice to see these in both editions the 100 BTC bar would be nice to store and keep around, but the loadable bar is where it is at.
... and then I realized it was a necro well this was worthy of archiving and here I thought Casacius was releasing new editions.

Thanks for the comment.... actually, the Collectibles section of this forum is quite active,
And there have been a few sales/auctions and interest threads put up recently regarding these bars.

Come over and hang out... who knows, maybe you'll find a nice shiny coin you like!! Cheesy

COLLECTIBLES SECTION:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0

▄█████▄
        ▄█████████▄
      ▄████▀   ▀████▄
    ▄████▀   ▄ ▄█▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▀████▄
▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▄   ▀████▄
█████   ███▀   ▄███   █████
▀████▄   ▀██▄▄███▀   ▄████▀
  ▀████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▀
    ▀████▄       ▄████▀
      ▀████▄   ▄████▀