Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:01:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost etherwallet private key?  (Read 1543 times)
cs2052 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:49:24 PM

I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kamidzy7

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:51:12 PM

This is very sad because if you have lost, you will not restore, try to write in support,but not the fact that the am at all it will restore, because why would you prove it,so that the loss is a loss

https://www.heta.org/  Build The Smart Industries On Top of HetaChain
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:55:13 PM

I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.

there is no way to recover the wallet if you forget your private key and did not record it to anywhere. you should check and remember if you noted it somewhere or not. otherwise there is nothing that you can do.
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:53:25 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 12:24:11 AM by EmmanCryp

This is a sad news for you. Unfortunately nobody can recover your wallet private key for you except you locate it yourself. That is why it's good to always have backups of our keys on both soft and hard copies Better still use a hardware wallet like ledger, trezor and co. I hope you don't have big money in the wallet

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 09:44:06 PM

There’s no need trying to recover ur private key
Simply open a new MyEtherWallet account and move your tokens there

Then. Stay safe and clear of phishing sites and apps
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:48:51 PM

There’s no need trying to recover ur private key
Simply open a new MyEtherWallet account and move your tokens there

Then. Stay safe and clear of phishing sites and apps

He can't actually move his tokens to the new wallet because he doesn't even have access to his out wallet to facilitate such activity. As for OP, You'll have to start all over again by creating a new ETH wallet and use it henceforth for all your activities on Ethereum blockchain. Also ensure you safeguard your new mew private key. I just hope you didn't lose much. Sorry.

miracle24

Activity: 309

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 09:53:32 PM

I really hope you don't have much on the wallet because there is no way to recover a wallet with a lost private key.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:54:56 PM

Did you ever try to download the keystore/UTC file? If you did then you can use that to log in to your wallet using password and then you can get your private keys back again. If you didn't store the UTC file, then it might be very difficult to gain access to your account again.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:56:14 PM

The general rule here is that once you lost your Private Key to your Ethereum Wallet account then it can be gone forever. I have read somewhere in this forum of someone offering recovery of the Private Keys but am not sure if the service is really genuine or just out there trying to squeeze some money form willing victims. Now, having said that, this is the best reason why we have to be careful and be responsible for the PK as losing it means you just said goodbye to all coins and tokens inside the wallet. Just be extra careful next time and keep a copy of the PK somewhere where even fire could not decimate it.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:56:47 PM

If you have lost your private key and if you don't have any other way to access your wallet then there is no way to recover private key.
I hope you don't have lots funds in that wallet, only thing you can do right now is to move to create new wallet and be careful next time.
bangjoe

Activity: 1414
Merit: 682

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

I think it is very difficult to recover because at the beginning of creation we did not provide any personal data or other data that could be used to restore the wallet in case something happened like missing or forgotten keyword unlike when creating email or other account which has many options to recover email as well can use the data we provide to verify
so you better create a new one

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Wuraola

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 10:36:20 PM

i dont think there is any way you can get it back just accept your faith and move on. this is nt the end of you.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:39:08 PM

If you lose your private key, then the only way to recover it is to remember where you lost the private key. If you write down the paper, remember where you stored the document. And if you store on the laptop, the search will become much more leisurely.
Amajaa

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 10:50:21 PM

Oh that kinda frustrating for no way to recover it but if still have the mnemonic phrase you can retrieve it using imtoken app..  But if pk is the only way to access it no way to do so..  That is always advise to keep it, secure it evrytime we are making wallet..  We are the one responsible with that.
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:55:09 PM

I guess  you have downloaded the keystore file to back up this situation. The only possible thing for you to open your wallet through use your keystore file and then just open that with your password and then it should be very easy for you to do that dude.
ashao1015

Activity: 529
Merit: 251

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 11:00:04 PM

This is absolutely nightmare for any investor. You have to read these things about security when you make a new wallet. If you don't have backup file and you don't remember the password from that file then there is no way. It's very sad but it's true. If you new and not familiar with wallets, choose metamask for convenience(not huge sums) and hard wallets for storing long term offline. As for mobile and web wallets they have a lot of security issues, be careful.

███████████████████████████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░▄█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████

BLACKBOX OS
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████████▀▀█████
███████▀▀▀    █████
███▀    ▄▄▀  ▐█████
█████▄▄█     ██████
██████▌ ▄█▄  ██████
███████████████████
███████████████████

█ ANN THREAD █
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:03:02 PM

What type of wallet do you use?
I think where you should start from- If you use imtokem , or any other app that asks for password hint, you can recover your password through that. Or better still, you can use your mnemonic phrase if you still remember.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:31:42 PM

If you lost your private keys it's game over for your wallet and the coins inside your wallet, there is no way to recover or get your private keys, so once you lost it, it's gone and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

mr.creampie

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:43:31 PM

That is unrecoverable but didnt you have any backups? i usually put my keys to mutiple places,notepad,then archived with password and put into my email address,then in a safe flash drive so you have some backups when your computer does f*cked up.If your computer was formatted you can try to recover it using some recovery tool which is cheap but sorry for your losses.
tsmmyth

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:44:40 PM

Now that's a tricky situation you are in now, no one keeps  back up for private wallet keys, that's your sole responsibility, lose them and you are locked out of your own wallet,  i th there is very little choice left for you in this case, as they cannot be recovered, the only way out is to create a new wallet  and start all over again
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: