Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost etherwallet private key?  (Read 1543 times)
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:16:20 PM

that's the importance of why you should be careful before making a wallet. there are some warnings for everyone before making a wallet on myetherwallet. it's really stupid if you miss it.
It's a big mistake to lost your private key
That's why people should have multiple copy of their private key, if the first is lost or accidentally deleted, there is still another to open it. In my opinion is not difficult to do, also it can be placed on a smartphone, flash disk or print it and placed in a place that only you who know.
Just have a secured folder in your phone or put it in your email, it should be your private email that no one can accept except you since you weren't sure whether your phone or your cp will last.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:17:33 PM

I think there is no way out on this. However, I think if you still have your wallet keystore, I think you can still recover it. Come to even think of it, how did you get to lose it by the way? Is it that you didn't have the password to your wallet again? Let us know more details to know where to start answering from.
dulinivanrus

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 02:24:41 PM

Unfortunately the key is no longer recoverable. In the future, I advise you to simply store it on a flash drive,computer and in the form of a text document then you will never lose it again.

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:57:07 AM

The key is the most important thing for your wallet, if you lose it then it is most likely that you have lost all of your money along with it but with that being said, if you have the password to the wallet and the keystore file you downloaded when you opened the wallet then you should be able to recover back all your wallet information but if you don't have it then your wallet is lost forever.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:53:35 AM

I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.
All of them are the same, including Bitcoin, they just work the same way and once you have lost your private keys there are no ways to revive them back. Whenever you’ see those private keys they will always give you a warning to store them safely so you don’t lose them, because once you lose them they are gone for good and there is no way to recover them. So just forget about it. But if you’re still in possession of your Ether, you can still create a new private keys.
Adrin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:20:59 PM

This is a very big issue for ethereum wallet. if you lost your private key so never used this eth wallet any kind of project, if you have a some money so I suggest must withdraw your money. There are too many way to lost your private key because most of the newbie don't understand about private key so they are use fake airdrop section and at least he lost his private key.
Irviyandi

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:34:13 PM

If you have lost the key from your wallet this might be a huge loss because the wallet key is very difficult to remember and restored, if according to no way to recover the key, the only way is to make another wallet

curly228

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:08:46 PM

I do not think it was necessary to print the print medium with your key to your ETH wallet, so you screwed up my friend

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
sladkoejka

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:10:14 PM

I have lost my etherium wallet private key.Could any one know how to recover my private key.
MyEtherWallet is not a "web wallet". You do not create an account or give MEW your ETH or tokens to hold onto. MEW is simply an interface that allows you to interact with the Ethereum blockchain.

For security & privacy reasons, no sensitive data is saved, stored, or transmitted when you use MyEtherWallet. They, like anybody else, only have access to the information that is publicly available on the blockchain.

Unfortunately, that means they cannot:

Recover your private key
Access you account
Recover or reset your password
Reverse or cancel transactions
Recover your account
Send your ETH or Tokens from one address to another
There may be a chance that you saved it without realizing it. So, just in case:

Do a full search of your computer for “UTC-“ and see if the private key shows up.
Do a full search of your computer for your address without the 0x at the beginning.
If you know when you created it, look through all files during that time period for any documents that may hold your key or screenshots.
Generate a new wallet via https://www.myetherwallet.com/#generate-wallet and take a look and the different options you may have downloaded or saved. Sometimes that can jog your memory.
In the future, it may be prudent to print out a paper version of your wallet and keep it in multiple physical locations.

I'm really sorry.
a smart post after which you could close the topic) you should always keep a copy of the key in case of unforeseen circumstances and grief will not be

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:11:44 PM

I think it's very hard to find again but if you have some Json files and you just forget the password there might be references from mew for help. and little chance for your funds to come back so I think it's better to forget and make a lesson for the future
ljp7839008

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

I have not faced such a situation. But you need to keep duplicates. Have a private key, have an electronic key.  Then you are not afraid to lose your wallet. And yet I wonder if you've found a way to open a wallet? I think it is interesting information
Rhshahindiana

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:59:16 PM

I recommend try searching ur system for JSON file or .utc file, if u lucky to find it, than u can definitely unlock ur private wallet, but if that couldn't be found that u ll never be able to recover ur lost wallet, and only creating a new wallet ll only be the option left.

Accts4u2

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:42:23 AM

You can recover your private key if you still have the keystore file that you downloaded when you opened your wallet and together with the password you can get back your private key and use it to log into your wallet but if you do not have any of these things then your wallet is gone forever and there is no way for you to get it back sorry

rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:49:31 AM

i am very sad for you that you have lost the private key. this is the mistake and there is no option in mew that you can recover your private key. now i suggest you to look in to your pc or laptop as there might be json file you have downloaded when you created your myetherwallet. if you find that json file you can unlock it by using password. please see if it can be worked out.
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:34:08 AM

That's really the unfortunate things that could happen to a crypto investor like you. It also happened to me before when my MEW's backup coundn't be located anymore in my disk. Good thing is that i already the cryptos that i have there are the cryptos i got from airdrops that remains sitting there for couple of months already but still not listed in the market.

MEW is only offering options for a backup before the creation of the wallet but recovering it is not supported yet in MEW, IMO.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
Pal Palich

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:21:22 PM

Yes, I think with the loss of the key, you can forget about its contents. Unfortunately also have a sad case of loss of the key. I don't delete a lost purse just as a reminder of my negligence.
lamba

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:25:34 PM

Sorry for your loss my friend. but if i remember truely. while you are taking your new ethereum adress mew said to you download a file which you can use that file as a private key. maybe you can find that if you downloaded that. the other side you can not find your private key unfortunately Sad((
lequocvuongpro

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Do you backup Json File?. If you have backup, You can use MetaMask Chrome to take privete key easy.
Don Lord

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:13:01 PM

As far as I heard, nothing can be done, the secret key is not restored, but of course you can try to write to the support, can help - try.
lutcor

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:17:57 PM

It is a pity, but there's nothing you can do about it, because the service is designed so that you simply cannot do this, if you have lost them, you cannot restore them, think about it in advance and try to avoid possible loss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: