Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:03:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I F***ING HATE THE ICO MODEL  (Read 461 times)
ninobtcx (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:37:43 PM

People wonder why ICOs aren't anymore successful in 2018.

Before you get in, they promise the world.

After you buy, the whales who got in cheap dump, you find yourself at a loss, devs and mods start treating investors like shit saying things like "this is a long term project" and "we have no obligations for ICO particpants" "lrn the difference between investors and speculators", "community", "please don't talk about the token price", "greedy speculators"; etc.

Honestly - fuck this.
Not even 1% of the coming ICO is worth considering.

Looking back at 2017, there were so much rubbish and projects which never delivered ANYTHING and still racked millions with just a smart contract and a whitepaper that it is revolting.

Time for a change, the ICO model is done for.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:41:50 PM

After you buy, the whales who got in cheap dump.
By whales you mean the fraud team behind some ICO projects right?

I do agree that ICOs this year are not that successful compared to last year and imo that is because there is more fake projects compared to the last years. People now realize that they can get people to invest in them by hosting ICOs and giving false promises. That is why you can see almost new thread of ICO is popping up in the altcoin section.

There are still good ICOs tho. If you will take time to search. Some actually have potential.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:45:20 PM

After you buy, the whales who got in cheap dump, you find yourself at a loss, devs and mods start treating investors like shit saying things like "this is a long term project" and "we have no obligations for ICO particpants" "lrn the difference between investors and speculators", "community", "please don't talk about the token price", "greedy speculators"; etc.

Honestly - fuck this.

Looking back at 2017, there were so much rubbish and projects which never delivered ANYTHING and still racked millions with just a smart contract and a whitepaper that it is revolting.

I understand your pain, but the solution to this is simple we need to stop investing in the ico model, we cannot convince people in mass but each person will begin to take this decision when they realize that it is almost impossible to make money that way, in a way I think this is already happening, with the crash that we experimented at the beginning of the year many icos are failing to reach their soft caps and I hope this is the beginning of a new tendency in this market in which people stop being so naive and they understand that most icos are created with only one thing in mind and that is for the developers to make a fortune by scamming their investors.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:52:18 PM

Honestly - fuck this.

This is bad for the community who wanted to buy ICO, Whales are there and they will manipulate the market. Grab and GO that's how they earning a lot of money. It's wasted. Whitepaper should be good as the top coins in marketcap.I don't think ICO will be a winning investment coz bitcoin is down as the moment.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:54:39 PM

I have said many times that ICOs need regulations. Because it is easy to create ICO without any knowledge and any future plans. Most ICOs are really worthless. And something has to change to make this industry good again.

erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:55:47 PM

Honestly - fuck this.

I think that the ico crazy is slowly dying out. Too many scams, and trash out there. And once it hits the market, it gets dumped hard.

If you are interested in an ico, wait for it to hit the market and buy once it dumps.
room237

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:01:31 PM

Honestly - fuck this.

I think that the ico crazy is slowly dying out. Too many scams, and trash out there. And once it hits the market, it gets dumped hard.

If you are interested in an ico, wait for it to hit the market and buy once it dumps.

I agree with the buy after it dumps method of investing in ICO's.  I have only participated in one ICO (when I first started) and I won't be doing it again.  I also bounty hunt on the projects I like to get some cheaper coins for DCA purposes. 
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:15:51 PM

Honestly - fuck this.

The problem is the high market cap. You gotta buy early and in solid pools but not too big pools because then it is similar to an ICO lol

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
umanty

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:28:19 PM

Yeah, there are always will be people who wanna take your money and flew away to Maldives. But even this year there were a few promising projects, there are always worthy projects on the market, we should only learn how to identify them.
chemba

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:30:58 PM

Observers continue to be nervous, because neither the expectations of enthusiasts about the repeat of the fantastic rise in price, nor the warning of some analysts about the death of the crypto currency
Crypto_circuit

Activity: 420
Merit: 7

WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSY

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:25:21 PM

Honestly - fuck this.

I think this ICO model is probably a good way, ordinary individual like me and you could get involve investing in crypto assets.

But, what i do think is that there need to be regulation of some sort, Most ICO are scam and money grab. Investing at this time is critical as the market is in a bad state. it would be wise of you to do your research of what % was given to the private sale and presale investor and what % of token is available to ICO participants. If the bonus is much(like 50%) and a small amount of token is allocated for the ICO sale. That should send a red flag that there would be a dump after exchange, you are better off waiting after the dump.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:31:37 PM

i don't trust with ICO since starting.
Bitcoin will stay the best for long term investment because it has no team in the background.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:55:43 PM

I have said many times that ICOs need regulations. Because it is easy to create ICO without any knowledge and any future plans. Most ICOs are really worthless. And something has to change to make this industry good again.
I do not like the idea of introducing regulations to the market, that is not going to solve anything and it is only going to make the governments to try to get a firmer grip in this market, what we need are developers that actually care about the community, the best coin we have is bitcoin and there was no airdrop or ico, satoshi did it for free and the only benefit he got was the knowledge that he did a good job and nothing more and while he has a lot of bitcoin he has not used it and it is unlikely he is going to use it at all since that will bring a lot of attention to himself and he does not wants that.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:18:26 AM

Nobody is buying into ICOs anymore.. 6-9 months ago those "ICO trackers" were the hottest thing.. now it's a dead market and everyone is becoming aware it was all rubbish.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:22:57 PM

Honestly - fuck this.

If that is your perception, you should avoid investing in an ICO projects and focus in Bitcoin. I agree that majority of ICO are not good investment but we should also credit those potential one that is hardly working on their project to become a success.
ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:10:46 AM

I do focus on bitcoin, but at times I try my luck flipping alts as well. The point I make here is that buying alt at ICO is almost always a gamble with terrible odds.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:49:16 AM

Well, not all ICO are bad but there are lot ICOs that really give of what they have promised. It just happen that the reality of investing crypto as there is always a winner and a losser in which it will just always depend upon your strategy on how to survived and to earn huge.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 03:39:49 PM

Now ICO will have to return to less sums of money (2-3 millions of dollars is enough to start project) and IMHO have to start security tokens not utility like now.

ninobtcx (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:27:28 AM

Now ICO will have to return to less sums of money (2-3 millions of dollars is enough to start project) and IMHO have to start security tokens not utility like now.

True, things will have to change in that direction.. lower initial capital requirements, and secuirity tokens.
Another thing is there will need to be several new ICO with actual gains to the investors before the hope can come back to the markets.
Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:53:42 AM

That is true though, but there still great project but the scam one don't let it prevail, also those that buy at almost free are the one killing most project , just imagine private buyer bought token @$.01 and still get bonus but the main ico buyer bought @0.1 and the private buyer always buy the the large amount and selling @0.1 is far  profit for them while they move on and those who bought at normal rate will keep holding and expecting to moon and it keep dipping.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: