Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:17:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resolved by theymos] @theymos: Are you working on the live server?  (Read 262 times)
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:26:44 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 06:08:22 PM by mdayonliner

I am sorry to create another topic in an hour interval... This is actually making me scared....

Guys this is scary now!!! I got logged out just a minute ago!!! Anybody is experiencing this?

Sorry for the big bold typo

I keep the always logged in function on always... Never experienced logging out. But this just happened. Anybody has experienced this.

PS: My pc is relatively very secure.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 02:32:02 PM

Did you log out of any other device that you might have possibly logged in? That's the only case where you get logged out, unless you're hacked. Change your email and password if you haven't. And also, remove the secret question if you have kept it, its a big vulnerability.

kitty94

Activity: 33
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:44:01 PM

I also set the option to Always logged in and never have been logged out of the forum without my consent.
Here are my thoughts,
  • It may be a security feature in the forum when a potential account hacking is detected
  • Your browser's cache memory may have deleted as it contains passwords and login information
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:48:53 PM

Did you log out of any other device that you might have possibly logged in? That's the only case where you get logged out, unless you're hacked. Change your email and password if you haven't. And also, remove the secret question if you have kept it, its a big vulnerability.
No, I only use this PC for my BitcoinTalk account. I already changed everything (password for my email, bitcoinTalk, my hosting password, activated 2FA etc, every possible stuffs).

Thing is I changed them after I received the email here. Then I was doing other stuffs, actually replying marlboroza (composing the message). When I compose I basically do preview every now and then, that time when I click preview then it was asking me to login again. It stopped my heartbeat for few seconds. Immediately, I tried to login and it was a success.

That bought me this thinking that if theymos is actually working on the server? My credentials were secured earlier than this happened.

I removed my secret question long ago when I learnt that recovering an account using security question eventually locks an account.

Your browser's cache memory may have deleted as it contains passwords and login information

There are no such way for my browser. My PC is fairly (actually very) secure. I am also a very advance user in terms of computer and technology.

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 03:36:32 PM

No, I only use this PC for my BitcoinTalk account. I already changed everything (password for my email, bitcoinTalk, my hosting password, activated 2FA etc, every possible stuffs).

Thing is I changed them after I received the email here. Then I was doing other stuffs, actually replying marlboroza (composing the message). When I compose I basically do preview every now and then, that time when I click preview then it was asking me to login again. It stopped my heartbeat for few seconds. Immediately, I tried to login and it was a success.

That bought me this thinking that if theymos is actually working on the server? My credentials were secured earlier than this happened.

I removed my secret question long ago when I learnt that recovering an account using security question eventually locks an account.
You might want to change the email for your bitcointalk account. When you changed your password and logged in again, you might have forgotten to click the Always logged in button. I don't really think theymos is working on a server, maybe its an hacking attempt on your account. Only theymos can address the real issue behind, until you don't have much to do other than changing your email.

mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:45:06 PM

You might want to change the email for your bitcointalk account.
This is the only thing I have not done however I don't think it's relevant. I changed my email password even my hosting accounts password and also 2FA before it happened.

When you changed your password and logged in again, you might have forgotten to click the Always logged in button.

I can't remember but I actually don't make mistakes on this kind of stuffs. Checking the stay logged in button is kind of pre-setup thing in my mind. I never miss them.

I don't really think theymos is working on a server, maybe its an hacking attempt on your account. Only theymos can address the real issue behind, until you don't have much to do other than changing your email.
This is the only way for me to confirm that actually something happened which was cause by the system or on my side, however I am curious to know if anyone else had this issue ever.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:36:57 PM

PS: My pc is relatively very secure.

Not if it's connected to the internet!

If you haven't received 1 of these emails you haven't been here very long hehe!!!  I've been ignoring them for a while!
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:59:09 PM

Not if it's connected to the internet!
yeah I understand however when you actually know your stuffs then it's not relatively easy. I am not saying that my PC never got infected. In fact, I reinstalled the OS two weeks ago. PC was getting too slow.

If you haven't received 1 of these emails you haven't been here very long hehe!!!  I've been ignoring them for a while!
I am actually here for not so long comparing to you lot  Tongue

December 14th 2017 is my Bday  Smiley

Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:13:32 PM

Is this one of your troll attempts? Theymos never works on the live server without warnings. Either this never happened or the most likely case would be your session got crashed for some reason.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:21:22 PM

Is this one of your troll attempts?
No sir actually it was not. I am not trying to make fun of anything especially when I got robbed (realized) by a scammer only less than a 24 hours ago. Do you think I am in a state of mind to made up things considering the things happened with me just few hours ago?

If it was anything to do with my browsers session then I would see rest of the services I use also logged out i.e: my email account etc.

Theymos never works on the live server without warnings.
Did you get any prior notice before he added my report page on the report to moderator page or when he added the improved image loading feature not so long ago? So, I disagree with you that he can not work on the live server without warnings. We don't know actually he worked on the live server or offline while he was making changes on those cases.

Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:35:16 PM

Did you get any prior notice before he added my report page on the report to moderator page or when he added the improved image loading feature not so long ago? So, I disagree with you that he can not work on the live server without warnings. We don't know actually he worked on the live server or offline while he was making changes on those cases.

I meant that he ensures the updates are 100% ready before uploading them to the live server. Do you really think theymos will make a simple mistake like this? None of the other users faced this issue so it can't be that he just targetted your version. Plus the sessions are kept in the cookies. As you mentioned your pc was getting slow this could have been the result of HDD failure. Data corruption can be the root cause behind this. If you still aren't convinced wait for theymos himself to respond.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:48:50 PM

As you mentioned your pc was getting slow this could have been the result of HDD failure. Data corruption can be the root cause behind this. If you still aren't convinced wait for theymos himself to respond.
My PC was getting slow two weeks ago and I reinstalled the OS. Since then I am having no issue. This is what I wanted to know, if this has not happened to anyone else then something might be wrong from my side which I can miss. My worries will disappear as soon as I get convinced that nothing happened to my account security.

We really needed the 2FA options for accounts.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:58:55 PM

- If you logout on one session, all of your sessions are logged out.
 - When you change your password, your session length is changed to 1 hour, so you will soon be logged out.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:03:04 PM

- If you logout on one session, all of your sessions are logged out.
- When you change your password, your session length is changed to 1 hour, so you will soon be logged out.
This is what I wanted to know. Thanks mate. You are a star!

update: I am going to lock the topic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: