Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:54:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [V] Version - Rare Desirable NO PREMINE Store of Value -->> v0.8.9.9 FIX  (Read 71590 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ralexvalex

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

I know, right. I don't think next time will be that much though  Cry Difficulty is rising faster and faster now, we will need pools in few hours.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:52:12 PM

I sent freshly mined blocks from my VPS nodes to my 'old' wallet address in the latest client without issue and have confirmation on the transactions.

On that basis I opened my main wallet for PoS minting and that was also OK.  Cool

Also mining on my nodes without Long Poll is working fine now.

Version is not as borked as I thought, I guess everyone is just off mining SHAcoin ?

Just need some pools up or I might try compiling a P2pool for Version.

No, there is a problem and we're looking into it.
The solo-mining will not reveal the problem to the magnitude that it really is, but when we have concentrated mining or many blocks in the waiting list to be reorganized, then ...
I'll just say this: In zeuspool's wallet, when mining is in place (well even if not) the rpc response takes up to 35 seconds!!!
Not to mention that it gets "borked" and starts rejecting PoS blocks and creates a whole load of stale (orphan) blocks...
Which also leads to a very high possibility of another fork in the blockchain.
sin242

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:58:11 PM

So is solo mining a wasted effort atm?

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
sx1234

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:53:47 PM

So is solo mining a wasted effort atm?

Who knows. But probably.

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:17:19 PM

Hmm, well I have updated to v08.9.9 and the first attempt at synching the wallet had all my coins but it got stuck at block 60-odd thousand.  Tried again and it has (eventually) got to 104293 (and still goig) but I have lost c. 1200 V.
sebalino

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:05:18 PM

I lost my versions from NXT market.I am happy and I still thrust in this coin.
tertius993

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:18:25 PM

Hmm, well I have updated to v08.9.9 and the first attempt at synching the wallet had all my coins but it got stuck at block 60-odd thousand.  Tried again and it has (eventually) got to 104293 (and still goig) but I have lost c. 1200 V.

Looking in detail I'm not sure they are actually lost yet, as they were obviously there: I can see the deposit transactions, they seem to have gone somewhere, I assume for PoS?
Blackblanco

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:23:43 PM

I lost my versions from NXT market.I am happy and I still thrust in this coin.

Really?  I still have all of mine since they updated...

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - Woody Allen
 Robbed of 6700 BC, bought at 3k sat.  Donations much appreciated. BMzphiQ2NVXotkVCA7zECo5FfbAjrt368u  ZET:  ZRKFgHFhKYiyL6r1o3cU5swwvF2GBoAEjt
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:02:52 AM

I'm having a lot of issues with my wallet updating.  I tried following the steps suggested by the dev and nothing.  Finally I renamed my Version folder (to Version_BU) launched the new waller and it created a new directory for everything and I did connect node etc and I still get stuck at block 70000

At this point im stuck and confued cause I pretty much did a fresh/clean install

baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:04:50 AM

I'm having a lot of issues with my wallet updating.  I tried following the steps suggested by the dev and nothing.  Finally I renamed my Version folder (to Version_BU) launched the new waller and it created a new directory for everything and I did connect node etc and I still get stuck at block 70000

At this point im stuck and confued cause I pretty much did a fresh/clean install

The coin has not been completely fixed yet, don't worry about it.  There are multiple forks of the chain, and the devs are still trying to fix the problems.  Follow this thread and download the new wallet when they announce it, but until then, don't bother syncing or mining.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
mindfox

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:52:12 AM

The coin has not been completely fixed yet, don't worry about it.  There are multiple forks of the chain, and the devs are still trying to fix the problems.  Follow this thread and download the new wallet when they announce it, but until then, don't bother syncing or mining.
I apologize for not posting for that long, but I haven't talked to staycrypto since last update's release time.

From what I can understand from the endless debug logs I have created during that time, the problem is heavily connected with PoS blocks and how they are announced to and gets accepted by peers. I noticed that my wallet has many rejects to the PoS blocks announced by others. I believe the same happens to my wallet's PoS blocks announced to peers connected with me. This forces the wallet to keep relaying the transactions that created them until it get's banned by the connected pears. That's when wallet starts crawling to death, most probably because of the many reorganization and re-transmitting of those blocks.
That of course happens to wallets with many many blocks that have reached PoS maturity (either from mining or from transactions).

I'm posting this so I can share my suspicions and let anyone know that (at least I) still investigating and pinpointing the problem.
tertius993

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:38:25 PM

I apologize for not posting for that long, but I haven't talked to staycrypto since last update's release time.

From what I can understand from the endless debug logs I have created during that time, the problem is heavily connected with PoS blocks and how they are announced to and gets accepted by peers. I noticed that my wallet has many rejects to the PoS blocks announced by others. I believe the same happens to my wallet's PoS blocks announced to peers connected with me. This forces the wallet to keep relaying the transactions that created them until it get's banned by the connected pears. That's when wallet starts crawling to death, most probably because of the many reorganization and re-transmitting of those blocks.
That of course happens to wallets with many many blocks that have reached PoS maturity (either from mining or from transactions).

I'm posting this so I can share my suspicions and let anyone know that (at least I) still investigating and pinpointing the problem.

Thanks for posting!
sin242

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:42:58 PM

Thanks for the update.  Is there any info we can provide to help track this problem down?

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
canoe

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:19:56 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 01:33:11 PM by canoe

I'm having a lot of issues with my wallet updating.  I tried following the steps suggested by the dev and nothing.  Finally I renamed my Version folder (to Version_BU) launched the new waller and it created a new directory for everything and I did connect node etc and I still get stuck at block 70000

The coin has not been completely fixed yet, don't worry about it.  There are multiple forks of the chain, and the devs are still trying to fix the problems.  Follow this thread and download the new wallet when they announce it, but until then, don't bother syncing or mining.

I've been solo mining with the new client and having some success:
1. "set generate true" works in the client.  (CPU mining)
2. Pointing cgminer directly at the daemon does NOT work.  Everything is rejected.
3. Putting stratum server between cgminer and the daemon works.
(https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/stratum-mining.git)

The chain I'm on is at a height of 116170 with difficulty at 700 and rising slowly.  I have 35 connected peers all running v0.8.9.9.  They are confirming my blocks and I am confirming their blocks.  For a while, blocks were so fast that my blocks were always orphaned.  But now things are slow enough that some of mine stick.  I've had some Proof of Stake blocks too (which are "mined" by the client) and they've been confirmed by others.  The seed node specified by StayCrypto is one of my peers and it has not banned me.

Is anyone else on a different chain?  Run this in the debug console to confirm:
Code:
> getblockhash 116170
000000000037e5b31ddd26d24b9abe3739c89acbad6efa5cf4ee1be3acacf2e6

Mindfox, so I'm not noticing this problem.  Can you give me something to search for in the debug log.  What does "rejects to the PoS blocks announced by others" look like in the log?

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK
sebalino

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:25:22 PM

When will pool mining start.I want to mine versions because from NXT market I have lost coins.Thanks
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:16:38 PM

I don't get it. Even with all this talk of broken chains people continue to mine why? In the off chance that their chain is the one they go for and then they have a huge stash of coins from the easy mining? Why keep mining a broken coin?

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
canoe

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:52:05 PM

I don't get it. Even with all this talk of broken chains people continue to mine why? In the off chance that their chain is the one they go for and then they have a huge stash of coins from the easy mining? Why keep mining a broken coin?

Difficulty has been rising ever since 0.8.9.9 was released.  So the problem where difficulty kept jumping to near zero is fixed (by removing KGW).  I don't think there are many chains anymore.  I think the chain forking happened when blocks were really fast and now there is one chain.  It was a normal insta-mine scenario like at coin launch.  Maybe you're right.  Maybe I'm right.  If everyone checked this blockhash, we could find out.  So how about it?

Code:
> getblockhash 116170

Make sure you move out your old config directory and use staycrypto's seed node when downloading the blockchain: "addnode=192.241.240.148"

I've updated the blockchain charts for version:
http://cryptometer.org/version_90_day_charts.html
You can see 4 empty days that were erased because of the KGW exploit followed by a couple days of blocks generated way above the target rate.  But it's levelling out now.  And difficulty won't go down anymore because the exploit is plugged.  The pools might even be able to handle the blockrate soon.

There are still some issues with the client:
1. It rejects blocks submitted by cgminer over RPC.
2. Mindfox says there is something wrong with PoS block transmission.
These could be fixed in an update that takes effect on a future block.

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK
mindfox

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:57:13 PM

I'm having a lot of issues with my wallet updating.  I tried following the steps suggested by the dev and nothing.  Finally I renamed my Version folder (to Version_BU) launched the new waller and it created a new directory for everything and I did connect node etc and I still get stuck at block 70000

The coin has not been completely fixed yet, don't worry about it.  There are multiple forks of the chain, and the devs are still trying to fix the problems.  Follow this thread and download the new wallet when they announce it, but until then, don't bother syncing or mining.

I've been solo mining with the new client and having some success:
1. "set generate true" works in the client.  (CPU mining)
2. Pointing cgminer directly at the daemon does NOT work.  Everything is rejected.
3. Putting stratum server between cgminer and the daemon works.
(https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/stratum-mining.git)

The chain I'm on is at a height of 116170 with difficulty at 700 and rising slowly.  I have 35 connected peers all running v0.8.9.9.  They are confirming my blocks and I am confirming their blocks.  For a while, blocks were so fast that my blocks were always orphaned.  But now things are slow enough that some of mine stick.  I've had some Proof of Stake blocks too (which are "mined" by the client) and they've been confirmed by others.  The seed node specified by StayCrypto is one of my peers and it has not banned me.

Is anyone else on a different chain?  Run this in the debug console to confirm:
Code:
> getblockhash 116170

Mindfox, so I'm not noticing this problem.  Can you give me something to search for in the debug log.  What does "rejects to the PoS blocks announced by others" look like in the log?
We are on the same chain because I have re-downloaded so many times the blocchain, exported wallet's address and re-created wallet.dat.

If you had many blocks mined (as usually happens in a pool's wallet) (not some and not slowly, as it happens with current hashrate of the network) you would have the problems I'm describing.

A sample log entry would be:
"ERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: check kernel failed on coinstake [hash[, hashProof=[posdiff]"

Also, you should see somewhere a REORGANIZE in your log. You'll notice that it is reorganizing 1, maby 2 or 3 blocks.
In my case, those blocks were up to 22000 or more, which resulted in DB Exception error (same thing was reported by a windows wallet if I remember correctly).
The DB_CONFIG was just a small slow-down for the error to appear, but eventually it will appear if you have many PoS blocks.

mindfox

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:01:53 PM

Difficulty has been rising ever since 0.8.9.9 was released.  So the problem where difficulty kept jumping to near zero is fixed (by removing KGW).  I don't think there are many chains anymore.  I think the chain forking happened when blocks were really fast and now there is one chain.  It was a normal insta-mine scenario like at coin launch.  Maybe you're right.  Maybe I'm right.  If everyone checked this blockhash, we could find out.  So how about it?

Code:
> getblockhash 116170

Make sure you move out your old config directory and use staycrypto's seed node when downloading the blockchain: "addnode=192.241.240.148"

I've updated the blockchain charts for version:
http://cryptometer.org/version_90_day_charts.html
You can see 4 empty days that were erased because of the KGW exploit followed by a couple days of blocks generated way above the target rate.  But it's levelling out now.  And difficulty won't go down anymore because the exploit is plugged.  The pools might even be able to handle the blockrate soon.

There are still some issues with the client:
1. It rejects blocks submitted by cgminer over RPC.
2. Mindfox says there is something wrong with PoS block transmission.
These could be fixed in an update that takes effect on a future block.

Also, canoe, I will give you my point of view, as a miner now. Not as zeuspool's admin team member, not as a member that tries to help out the coin.

I ceased all mining activity so I can help the developer of this coin revive it and make it stable. The reason I did it: I believe that this coin has potentials.
Is it fair for me, to have all those miners around me mining, while I'm just removing blocks, mining blocks, deleting wallet, so that I can help find the problem and probably a solution?

Then, why don't I just drop everything I do and start mining myself also?

Where is the community in that?

Also, the pools will not be able to handle the block rate. Not with this wallet... Period
sebalino

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:13:01 PM

No replay from developer staycrypto.What is going on?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: