Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:50:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling on Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 2630 times)
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:29:10 PM

This thread is stupid. As if satoshi could or should prevent people from forming foundations and then decide who can and can not join those foundations.

Bitcoin is fine, Gox and it's users are temporarily putting a bad taste in everyone's mouth. In time this will pass and Bitcoin will be better off because of it (if people learn to make better choices when it comes to picking an exchange and how they use it).

The revered George Carlin once said;

"The planet is fine. The people are fucked."

George was a smart guy.

was?

oh no....don't say it...is he...Huh?

Well?

Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:30:35 PM

This thread is stupid. As if satoshi could or should prevent people from forming foundations and then decide who can and can not join those foundations.

Bitcoin is fine, Gox and it's users are temporarily putting a bad taste in everyone's mouth. In time this will pass and Bitcoin will be better off because of it (if people learn to make better choices when it comes to picking an exchange and how they use it).

Yes, this is true.  It is probably going to be a slower recovery than we all hope after the media gets through pounding into everyone's head how "the number 1 bitcoin exchange in the world imploded, costing investors millions..."  

Headlines will be something like that...  In the grand scheme of things, this is more than likely just a small bump in the road, but it's a painful one for a lot of people...
dascampman

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:33:57 PM

sweet
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:36:27 PM

Dear Mr. Nakamoto,

I know you're retired and all - probably sitting down to another episode of Duck Dynasty with a bag of cool ranch doritos in one hand and a diet squirt in the other - sounds great.  But, out here in bitcoinland the sh*t is hitting the fan.  You see, there's this fat f**k in Tokyo who is really doing some serious damage to your brainchild. 

Can you please come back and fix this sh*t before this great idea of yours dies an ugly death at the hands of Mr. Frappuccino, and then later the general public and subsequent media frenzies of "I told you not to go near that thing."  I hear that you're a tech kind of guy - I'm sure you can figure out a way to record Duck Dynasty on your DVR.

Anyway, I think you handed off the baton a little bit too early.  Mark Karpeles, on the board of the bitcoin foundation?  Mtgox, a gold member?  Seriously?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Respectfully yours in the blockchain,
The Bitcoiners

P.S. What was the reason for allowing a transaction to be modified prior to it being confirmed by the blockchain anyway?

This event is inconsequential to the lifespan of Bitcoin.   

Remember.  Bitcoin is not the market price.  Bitcoin is a protocol, enabling hundreds / thousands of new financial services, and new innovations.

The price of Bitcoin is a secondary circus show to what is really going on in the industry right now. 

This is a very important read:  http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/02/15/bitcoin-platform-currency/2/#!wljTt

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
pleiotropik

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:40:06 PM

Just remember, Such a rich ecosystem attracts predators... it's a cyber world and predators can parade around with little fear of justice or retribution. The K was not the first, neither will he be the last, to have client's chopped, sauteed liver for breakfast (with mandatory Frapp on the side). Remember the smug satisfied grin of K when confronted by the guy who flew from somewhere far... He has the same grin for all that were goxxed.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:25:16 AM

Satoshi won't be heard from again nor the coins that he/she/they mined will ever move.

I would like to think that Satoshi created Bitcoin and then stepped back to watch it evolve on its own.  I also think that when Satoshi was mining in 2009 alone, he was deleting the private keys to the addresses in which all of those blocks/coins are held.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 05:28:58 AM

Dear Mr. Nakamoto,

I know you're retired and all - probably sitting down to another episode of Duck Dynasty with a bag of cool ranch doritos in one hand and a diet squirt in the other - sounds great.  But, out here in bitcoinland the sh*t is hitting the fan.  You see, there's this fat f**k in Tokyo who is really doing some serious damage to your brainchild. 

Can you please come back and fix this sh*t before this great idea of yours dies an ugly death at the hands of Mr. Frappuccino, and then later the general public and subsequent media frenzies of "I told you not to go near that thing."  I hear that you're a tech kind of guy - I'm sure you can figure out a way to record Duck Dynasty on your DVR.

Anyway, I think you handed off the baton a little bit too early.  Mark Karpeles, on the board of the bitcoin foundation?  Mtgox, a gold member?  Seriously?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Respectfully yours in the blockchain,
The Bitcoiners

P.S. What was the reason for allowing a transaction to be modified prior to it being confirmed by the blockchain anyway?

Like end of SAW movie. You wake up and bring your old son Bitcoin to Life again.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 05:36:22 AM

QFT

Best post ITT.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:46:00 AM

Satoshi won't be heard from again nor the coins that he/she/they mined will ever move.

I would like to think that Satoshi created Bitcoin and then stepped back to watch it evolve on its own.  I also think that when Satoshi was mining in 2009 alone, he was deleting the private keys to the addresses in which all of those blocks/coins are held.

Why would he destroy those when they could be used someday?

kain35m

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:56:52 AM

What's probably going to happen is that Mt. Gox is going to be to BTC what AOL was to the internet. In it's hayday, it was THE thing to have. Then other things come out and soon enough, they disappear into obscurity; with a few dinosaurs holding on for dear life.

I've shifted to BTER for now(yahoo??), but am looking for the next thing. Bitcoin needs a Google. Someone to come in and take over and do things right.

Until then, let's just enjoy the ride. Oh, and OP? I don't think it matters if Mr. Nakamoto ever comes back on scene. Bitcoin will survive.

Mr. Nakamoto is probably just frickin' Bill Gates or something. Whomever it is, I guarantee he/she is rich enough to live forever and never touch the BTC in that account.

We shall overcome!
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:01:21 AM

Fuck you OP, how dare you presume to speak for me.

Also what the fuck do you think Satoshi could do? He has no more control over bitcoin than anybody else. That's what fucking open source means dumbass.  Additionally, good luck in the future if you're getting this panicked now. This shit didn't even belong in the top ten list of bitcoin disasters that have happened.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: