View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 07:19:43 AM

SC may have more (fake?) hashing power, but TBX now has 10x the depth.  At its high TBX had 1880 bitcoins of depth.  And that's a scamcoin chain as well!

I think we've learned the greedier and scummier the derivative chain the shallower the market.   Some people are dumb enough to buy, but they're definitely in the minority.

Now the question is: how many BTC will the "SC rich" throw up on the exchanges to make it look like it's doing well?  And will those suckered into mining it yesterday be smart enough to cash out during the pump?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 04:43:30 PM

Do not forget the 250.000 SC mined by BitcoinEXpress.
He can bring down the SC market almost at once by selling them for peanuts.
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 04:49:45 PM

Picture or it didn't happen. Why isn't he crashing the market if he hates SC2 so much?
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 04:56:40 PM

Picture or it didn't happen. Why isn't he crashing the market if he hates SC2 so much?

I don't need pictures... You know about the 1-3 second blocks he mined...
Why do you think SC is over 20,000 blocks in 24 hours? That's huge...

And at least 1/3th is owned by BitcoinEXpress.
Spacy

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 05:00:54 PM

He mined all the 1-3 second blocks? Lot of people have mined lot of blocks... To assume that only he has mined blocks is just foolish. It's huge because lot of people put ressources into SC2 hashing, but diff is now higher and blockrate is falling.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 05:04:27 PM

He mined all the 1-3 second blocks? Lot of people have mined lot of blocks... To assume that only he has mined blocks is just foolish. It's huge because lot of people put ressources into SC2 hashing, but diff is now higher and blockrate is falling.

Simply put I meant what I said about the personal situation of CH, but just couldn't resist the temptation kill this crap. I felt like the Shark gone vegetarian in Finding Nemo LOL

First things first:
I told everyone about the phony hash rate here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47357.msg563757#msg563757
Keep in mind he vehemently denied it as well as a central control and Trojan triggers.

Also he touted how it was Intel friendly blah blah blah....every test I ran on it Linux or Win clearly demonstrates AND Phenom II as the fastest proc. What a surprise. NOT.

Next
The reason many of you cannot get any transactions with as many 200 shares is simple. I have an almost unlimited usage of EC2 during non business hours and at the point of  launch SLAMMED SC 2.0 over 400 EC2 instances as well as 65 borrowed machines (local HS lab) with Phenom II's and 32 machines from my farm all concentrated into a pushpool.

The result is I was able to jump out with my own fork very early and I am well in front of the "official" fork. Some of you are on my fork I suspect. CH pulled the binaries in hopes of fixing it but he will have no choice but to restart it as it won't be long before we can re-org the chain.
Spacy

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 05:08:09 PM

"The result is I was able to jump out with my own fork very early and I am well in front of the "official" fork."

How could he mine his own fork without supernode? Can't be, so he is telling BS.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 05:13:17 PM

Well 90% of ScamCoin 2.0 wealth is owned by a single person.  He admits a close group of 15 or so elite captured the other 6%.  The general public got left with the crumbs ~4% of issued coins.

Now everytime I see somebody abrieviate it as SC, I read "ScamCoin", and I am OK with that. I really do not see why anybody would buy into one of these bitcoin knockoffs. Except perhaps namecoin, which has a legitimate difference. Bitcoin is new, very few people have heard of it, and it has taken a couple years to get to where it is now. Bitcoin is, I admit, still largely worthless (since most of the world does not place any worth on it), these bitcoin knockoffs are less than worthless.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2011, 05:16:47 PM

"The result is I was able to jump out with my own fork very early and I am well in front of the "official" fork."

How could he mine his own fork without supernode? Can't be, so he is telling BS.

We don't know shit about SC2, because source is still closed.
But I know this:

Actually pretty much what he said he was going to do, he has. A lot of very knowledgeable forum members seems to consider him factual.

Geist Geld - Two successful attacks
Fairbrix -Reorged the chain and stole over 1700 blocks.
Namecoin - Rumored to have paid off by NMC Dev not to attack
Solidcoin 1 - Scared CH so bad he killed the chain as a precaution after seeing GG hit.
I0C and IXC - Numerous test for 51%, basically killed them
Bitparking - Number 1 suspect in DS attack has every trait of BCX

Coinotron - was working fine, BCX announces attack and three minutes later it shoots to 97% stales and stays there.

This guy has closed down every non BTC exchange at one point or another.

His weapons are mass resources and is apparently someone well connected in the computer industry.

He indicated what he was going to do to SC 20 and did it. He uses pure hashing power applied at the precise times. The only known code exploit was when he used ArtForz Time Travel and had some of his people modify it.

Made the statement last night right before it happened that he bump up SC 20 block generation to 4 per second, it did and stayed there.

Doesn't sound like BS to me.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 12:29:29 AM

BitcoinExpress claims one attack. The first was ArtForZ's. ArtForZ has claimed in public IRC channels that there is no evidence that BitcoinExpress did what he claims on the GG chain so the claim of even one sucessful attack here is dubious.

Fairbrix -Reorged the chain and stole over 1700 blocks.
There is no proof this was BitcoinExpress. He should move coins around if he wants to prove it was him.
Namecoin - Rumored to have paid off by NMC Dev not to attack
Rumours don't mean anything. I know of no one paying him off for the attack.

Solidcoin 1 - Scared CH so bad he killed the chain as a precaution after seeing GG hit.
This one I don't know about.
I0C and IXC - Numerous test for 51%, basically killed them
Where is there evidence of tests for 51% attacks on these coins by BitcoinExpress?
Bitparking - Number 1 suspect in DS attack has every trait of BCX
Again, no evidence it was BitcoinExpress. He can prove it by moving the coins out of the I0Coin address holding the double spent coins - by posting in advance the amount he plans to move.

Basically he may or may not have done any of the above. There's no proof either way.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 12:32:13 AM

Yeah I'm in the camp that believes BCX had a big mouth but never actually did anything much - he just claimed responsibility whenever an alt-chain encountered difficulties with noone obviously claiming responsibility for it.  But plenty of credit to him for exposing just how lame all the pre-mined alt-chains actually are.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 12:43:37 AM

Have you forgot the red colored bold message displayed on your Namecoin exchange for about 10 days. You stated BCX was the reason and only after the NMC was cancelled did you reopen.
Indeed, I closed deposits/withdrawals due to the threat. I take threats seriously. No attack occurred though. I closed the other exchanges due to the double spend that happened. I'm not saying BCX didn't do the attack. I'm saying there's no evidence of him doing the attack. He's more than welcome to prove it if he wants by moving the double spend coins.  Please point out which of my statements you feel are untrue.
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 12:56:56 AM

I fully support BCX in his actions in exposing the flaws in SC2.0

It is better that we know about them now rather than further down the road when SC2.0 has an actual value. As it is, SC2.0 is now dead. CH is not someone to be trusted, and anyone installing a closed source binary on their computer from him deserves to be scammed.

makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 11:49:30 PM

BitcoinExpress claims one attack. The first was ArtForZ's. ArtForZ has claimed in public IRC channels that there is no evidence that BitcoinExpress did what he claims on the GG chain so the claim of even one sucessful attack here is dubious.
Well, he's claimed that there weren't enough blocks not mined by ArtForz for BitcoinExpress's claims to be true, but there's a minor flaw: attacks of the kind they were launching involve massive rewriting of the blockchain history of a kind we don't normally see. So it's possible that BitcoinExpress really did mine the number of blocks he claimed at the speed he claimed, but his attack was just overwritten by ArtForz's attack. (It may even be possible that both versions continued to exist in different parts of the GG network; I'm not sure how good Bitcoin is at reliably propagating that level of chain reorganisation. GG had a significantly faster level of block generation even before people started attacking the difficulty algorithm.)

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: