Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: INTERNET = BITCOIN?  (Read 2840 times)
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 04:56:37 PM

I prefer Internet =  Money. OP i do not really get the point on comparing bitcoin and internet where in fact both system has distinguish differences and even an average person like me who does not have that knowledge about the technical of INTERNET and BITCOIN but still it is very clear that its functions and purpose of creating both system were intended for different functions and reasons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:31:09 PM

Without internet we can't use bitcoin for sure or other cryptocurrency even mining and trading. Because in internet that is the way so I start and knowing bitcoin.
The use of bitcoin is totally dependent on the internet but it is not so the other way around. With the internet, I would like to see how people are even going to mine bitcoins in the first place.
wow.magic

Activity: 303
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:42:19 PM

One thing is sure now we cant live without internet and the bitcoins / crypto. Grin
Right, internet is one of most important thing in the world cause it helps us in our daily lives. It helps us in school, works and businesses too, especially in cryptocurrency. Internet is our bridge to invest and trade in bitcoin because it is digital currency only internet is the way to make transaction in the world of cryptocurrency.
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:56:37 PM

why i made a title like that because basically the internet has the same properties with bitcoin ie:
1. Equally made by humans if bitcoin was made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, while the Internet was created from a computer network established by the US Department of Defense in 1969.
2. The first equation between Bitcoin and the Internet is that Bitcoin is an efficient, decentralized and moving infrastructure based on protocols open to the public.

and for the difference include:
Bitcoin does not transfer data packets in a dynamic network and circuitry like the one on the internet, but builds trust among users to run its systems efficiently and decentralized.
Although you can argue that the ledger, Bitcoin is "central", it is actually created through decentralized mechanical consensus.
how do you think it all?

Maybe they have some similarities but bitcoin is not exactly as internet because first of all bitcoin or even all the crypto currencies cannot run without the help of internet.  Bitcoin is only part of the internet and maybe dependent on our also. In addition,  if there's no internet maybe crypto currencies are not widely known.
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:18:06 PM

Without internet we can't use bitcoin for sure or other cryptocurrency even mining and trading. Because in internet that is the way so I start and knowing bitcoin.
The use of bitcoin is totally dependent on the internet but it is not so the other way around. With the internet, I would like to see how people are even going to mine bitcoins in the first place.

From the beginning everyone who wants to play in the world of Bitcoin already understands that Bitcoin is virtual money that can only be used with an internet network so if there is no Bitcoin the internet will also not exist.
fistteam

Activity: 217

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:55:37 PM

I agree with this view of you. Bitcoin and the Internet have a lot of similar attributes but I think the Internet is the center of crypto coins because as everything from crypto is based on the internet, there is a new internet for crypto.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:49:07 PM

why i made a title like that because basically the internet has the same properties with bitcoin ie:
1. Equally made by humans if bitcoin was made in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, while the Internet was created from a computer network established by the US Department of Defense in 1969.
2. The first equation between Bitcoin and the Internet is that Bitcoin is an efficient, decentralized and moving infrastructure based on protocols open to the public.

Bitcoin does not transfer data packets in a dynamic network and circuitry like the one on the internet, but builds trust among users to run its systems efficiently and decentralized.
Although you can argue that the ledger, Bitcoin is "central", it is actually created through decentralized mechanical consensus.
how do you think it all?
Your observations are very ok bitcoin and internet has unique similarities without the internet cryptocurrency will be affected negatively and I believed also if not for cryptosystem there are lots of people out there who would not get involved in the internet world like they do now. Finally Internet is equal to Bitcoin because without internet no transaction will take take place.
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 11:59:04 AM

how do you think it all?

The biggest difference between bitcoin and the Internet in this case is that bitcoin develops completely in the information age, when everyone has access to any information. In addition, bitcoin gives everyone the opportunity to invest.

elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:09:40 PM

Internet is very different from bitcoin... we can use bitcoin with the help of internet and but bitcoin will not use for internet...
I feel that both of them need each other, that without the internet it is clear that it cannot do any transactions with bitcoin, and vice versa, bitcoin transactions also require an internet network even though it can also be manually.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:26:47 PM

as i know bitcoin need the internet if we want to use it, it means that if we want to check our wallet, send bitcoin, receive bitcoin and sync bitcoin we need an internet, without internet we can't do anything with our bitcoin network

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: