Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HARDware (not software!!!!) warranty.  (Read 891 times)
gpucoolingmethod (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:32:45 PM

ok so ive found 6950 for 150 usd used.I havent checked all the cards yet but this offer is the best so far in the hash/usd ratio. 550/150 =3.(6)   (3.6666and so on)

Im finding more good offers of used cards.So what are the requirements to have warranty?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gpucoolingmethod (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:31:41 PM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

bump by gpucoolingmethod

what else can I do to get answers here?

I like getting good answers asap instead of waiting often more than day for one answer (if lucky) which isnt good enough
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:52:44 PM

It's not easy. Most manufacturers won't give warranty to the 2nd owner or if the cards have more than 2 years. XFX had lifetime in some items.

I suggest you don't go "all in" on 6950's anyway. I have an ASUS 6950 doing great, while I managed to burn a Gigabyte. You will burn the Rams or VRMs in the Summer operating at 550Kh/s which requires 1.175V and ~1Ghz core. In practice they only reach ~500 Kh/s at 915Mhz, 1.1V and are power hungry (almost twice) when compared with new R9-270's like the Gigabyte R9-270 OC or Sapphires. That means more cost on PSUs and power each month. The R9-280 and R7-265 are coming, so are new Nvidias that may suck less for mining. Even if they aren't the best, this alleviates the price of ATI's somewhat.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
gpucoolingmethod (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:48:50 PM

It's not easy. Most manufacturers won't give warranty to the 2nd owner or if the cards have more than 2 years. XFX had lifetime in some items.

I suggest you don't go "all in" on 6950's anyway. I have an ASUS 6950 doing great, while I managed to burn a Gigabyte. You will burn the Rams or VRMs in the Summer operating at 550Kh/s which requires 1.175V and ~1Ghz core. In practice they only reach ~500 Kh/s at 915Mhz, 1.1V and are power hungry (almost twice) when compared with new R9-270's like the Gigabyte R9-270 OC or Sapphires. That means more cost on PSUs and power each month. The R9-280 and R7-265 are coming, so are new Nvidias that may suck less for mining. Even if they aren't the best, this alleviates the price of ATI's somewhat.

Thanks I like your reply very much but this is the most important question:

Because of the fact that they cant know you bought it used what should i ask the used card seller for so i can "prove" the company I owned it all the time? (receipt or what?)
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:23:10 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 07:54:15 PM by Wipeout2097

Thanks I like your reply very much but this is the most important question:

Because of the fact that they cant know you bought it used what should i ask the used card seller for so i can "prove" the company I owned it all the time? (receipt or what?)
Yes, get the receipts and check the purchase date. Then you need to go to mfgs websites and learn about their warranty.

There are however other reasons why you should consider negociating a lower price per card, or buy just a few handpicked cards, or even ignore the deal. If those are mining cards, (for me) there's an huge difference in remaining value of card running at high voltage vs low. Where does those 550 Kh/s come from? If this comes from 6950 cards flashed to 6970, perhaps the core worked at 1.175V and rams were also overvolted, which can lead to artifacts and damage.

Then, there is miner software that doesn't pick 6950 cards, for example Memorycoin and Protoshares (?). With the incoming scrypt Asics, you need well supported, flexible cards that work with all other coins released now and in the future. When Maxcoin was (is?) the most profitable coin, I got 200 Mh/s on the 6950 and 230+ Mh/s on R9-270 and 7870 cards, with way lower voltage and power consumption.

$150 isn't such a good deal. 24/7, sustained 550 Kh/s is not possible in practice and it's actually a sign of abuse. The cards are less flexible than new Gigabyte R9-270 OC, or some Sapphires, or perhaps other brands. I have Gigabytes, I'm happy with them vs 6950, not vs 280x or 7950's, of course.

I have nothing else to say, as I don't know more or remember. Please don't send PMs for stuff like this, as I tend to ignore them.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
gpucoolingmethod (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:34:53 PM

ok thank you very much. so what else except receipt for warranty?
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:40:18 PM

I know for a fact that Gigabyte warranties are transferable...
isiahw1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:57:22 PM

You could ask the seller to post on eBay and warranty through squaretrade.

http://www.squaretrade.com/our-coverage
gpucoolingmethod (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:42:42 PM

You could ask the seller to post on eBay and warranty through squaretrade.

http://www.squaretrade.com/our-coverage

I was looking on what ecatly do they cover and no info.So do they cover modding over/volt/clock/ing? Anyone I can buy warranty for that?
gpucoolingmethod (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:49:09 PM

so what else do i need for warranty except receipt?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: