Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:00:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is User Protrader? Where is my Bitcoin?  (Read 2726 times)
claudesdad (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:22:43 PM

Does anybody know of or have contact with user "Protrader"??

He started a thread to sell Bitcoin - got a number of responses - and communicated for a while - took payment from me for some coin - and has stopped communicating now that his delivery date of February 20th has passed.

I've not received my paid-for coin.

I've PM'ed him,  responded to his thread - and gotten nothing.

The trend is not good - if I don't hear from him shortly Paypal is getting contacted to reverse the charges.  Which may screw him over if he is legitimate.

Besides the fact I'm not receiving what I paid for - I had a purchase lined up that the coin was going to be used for - so now that is in jeopardy too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p-webcorp

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:33:54 PM

Better earlier send the disput to PayPal.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:48:37 PM

Didn't see this one coming Roll Eyes

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
claudesdad (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:38:44 PM

Didn't see this one coming Roll Eyes

Yeah - probably should have seen it coming , but it seemed legitimate.  I've seen a few other sellers here that just screamed scam.

The Paypal dispute has been filed.  I'll have to wait to see what happens there.

One of the coins I was purchasing from him was for a friend who is a NSA certified hacker (he's on the watchlists and listed on their site).

He's not happy.  Neither am I.

But since you're obviously a veteran member here - what is the best way - or a good way - to buy Bitcoin?  I've setup a Coinbase
account - but they're taking forever.  I had a purchase I wanted to make with these coins and didn't want to wait as long as Coinbase
was going to take to get me coins.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:43:52 PM

Scammers are scum.  Angry
Unfortunately, so is PayPal. I doubt they will be much help, they may even suspend your account. All kinds of crazy stuff happens with PayPal.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:09:25 PM

Scammers are scum.  Angry
Unfortunately, so is PayPal. I doubt they will be much help, they may even suspend your account. All kinds of crazy stuff happens with PayPal.

100% agreed. If Paypal weren't scammers, they could even be helpful in doing trusted USD transactions.  Angry Imagine how fruitful a Paypal based BTC escrow service could be to the community.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:15:55 PM

Paypal has recently came down hard on the bitcoin associated transactions, so watch out. And you could us localbitcoin or other sites that allow you to deal in cash or escrow for you. You could buy locally with them.
claudesdad (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:41:51 PM

Paypal has recently came down hard on the bitcoin associated transactions, so watch out. And you could us localbitcoin or other sites that allow you to deal in cash or escrow for you. You could buy locally with them.

I signed up for Coinbase - and was going to buy from them, but they were going to take forever and a day to get me the coins. I had a transaction for goods that the user wanted to conduct in Bitcoin and this guy (Protrader) was promising to deliver sooner rather than later.

Now I've beened screwed out of a good amount of $$ - and probably lost the opportunity to purchase the item.

The name on the PayPal account was Nishant Thapa.   Protrader or Nishant or whomever he is - I hope he's happy that he got a bunch of money.  Because he just paid me to abuse him for an awfully long time.
riekinho

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:17:51 PM

Didn't see this one coming   

I have to say that I did.
He contacted me on PM and I turned him down because it sounded extremly fishy.

Not sure wheter to be happy about it or ashamed as I was scammed before for thousands of dollars. Guess the education is paying off.

Localbtcbuyer

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:22:42 PM

Try localbitcoins.com

They have escrow, its pretty safe if you use your brain Smiley
claudesdad (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:59:28 PM

Try localbitcoins.com

They have escrow, its pretty safe if you use your brain Smiley

I signed up for Coinbase - but had a deal I was looking to close and they were not going to deliver coins for more than a week.

I looked at Localbitcoins.com - and pretty much all the deals there seemed like crazy prices.

The thread Protrader started seemed to already have a decent amount of activity - including people who looked to have been active here for some time.  I guess I should have been more suspicious - and I definitely will be the next time.

I have to say though - this site is a little strange.  After posting in the original thread I have gotten NO response whatsoever from any of the other people who posted there  indicating they had a problem.  So that alone makes me suspicious that the other posts may have been part of the scam.  User Protrader however magically gets a minus six on his Trust rating - but nobody is owning up to doing it.

Plus I just looked - and Protrader is still a user here and shows last activity as being just this morning.

Does this place not police it's members at all?  I spend time on a number of sites - and haven't run across a single reputable one that doesn't come down on members who pulled the kind of stuff Protrader has.

Protrader:  if you read this - either send me the coins I paid for - or refund my money.  Either one of those things makes me go away.  Choosing any of the other ones make me keep pursuing this thru whatever avenues I can find.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:39:04 PM

He has always been a shady poster. Always offering deals but never seen him make a successful transaction.

You should probably post this in Scam Accusations.
clubminer

Activity: 392

Let's get rich together

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:11:50 AM

Hi, Protrader make new userID for this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486129.0

Protradertips

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:25:17 AM

that is not me. im not afflated with protrader. stop spreading false info.
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:30:09 AM

DO NOT MEANTION THAT IT WAS BITCOIN ... MEANTION THAT IT WAS A COMPUTER MINING OR ANY OTHER THING THAT IS PHYSICAL.
clubminer

Activity: 392

Let's get rich together

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:44:53 AM

that is not me. im not afflated with protrader. stop spreading false info.

Don't lie, dude !!!  Roll Eyes
After protrader scammed, you just make new ID again.

faiza1990

Activity: 420

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:30:58 PM

DO NOT MEANTION THAT IT WAS BITCOIN ... MEANTION THAT IT WAS A COMPUTER MINING OR ANY OTHER THING THAT IS PHYSICAL.
its good tip because if you are going in with bitcoin then they are not going to help you any more

Protrader

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Time is Money !!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:56:16 PM

Hello members,

I am not a scammer,

Paypal ripped me for bitcoin trading they placed a hold on my account as well as my money $16500, and i also not able to withdraw,send,refund any amount.. i tried everything to solve this problem but at the end they decided to suspend my account for lifelong..
I didn't stole anyones money all dispute & chargebacks already refunded through paypal,if i want to scam i definitely fought against disputes/chargebacks but i didn't, because that was the only option left to refund money.

I AM EXTREMELY SORRY FOR YOUR TIME LOSE BUT I AM NOT A SCAMMER !!

hope you all understand my situation and remove my negative trust.
claudesdad (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:59:49 PM

Hello members,

I am not a scammer,

Paypal ripped me for bitcoin trading they placed a hold on my account as well as my money $16500, and i also not able to withdraw,send,refund any amount.. i tried everything to solve this problem but at the end they decided to suspend my account for lifelong..
I didn't stole anyones money all dispute & chargebacks already refunded through paypal,if i want to scam i definitely fought against disputes/chargebacks but i didn't, because that was the only option left to refund money.

I will remove any negative comments when you send me the Bitcoin I paid for - or my money back.

Here's the facts of the matter:

You started a thread where you offered up Bitcoin. 

When I responded and said I was interested you sent me an invoice and sent you money for 1.5 Bitcoin

You said the Bitcoin would be available on or around February 20th.

February 20th came and went - both in your time zone and in mine.

February 21st came and went - both in your time zone and in mine.

I posted messages in your original thread and sent you PM's and sent emails to the address that was listed on the PayPal account.

I got NO RESPONSE AT ALL.  From ANY of the messages I posted or PM's and emails I sent.

So on Feb 21st - the Paypal case was filed.

And yet I still heard nothing from user Protrader.

February 22, 23, 24, 25, 26.......  etc, came and went.....

And still -NOTHING happened.  I got no Bitcoin sent to me, and I got no money back.

So now user Protrader sends me a PM and and deletes my posts - and complains that his Paypal account is suspended.

I'm not feeling it Protrader. You could have fixed this by simply replying - and sending me my money back - or (as I've said multiple times) - sending me the Bitcoin I paid for.

If you are dealing with a scumbag - and he screwed you - that's not my problem.  My problem is the money I sent you.

The fact that other people have neg repped  you and that other people posted in  your original thread indicating that you did the SAME THING TO THEM - was more than enough evidence for me to consider you a scammer.

Here's a piece of advice:  If you don't want people to consider you a scammer - stop acting like one.

Get me my Bitcoin - or send me my goddam money back.
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:06:20 PM

Hello members,

I am not a scammer,

I will remove any negative comments when you send me the Bitcoin I paid for - or my money back.

Here's the facts of the matter:

You started a thread where you offered up Bitcoin. 

When I responded and said I was interested you sent me an invoice and sent you money for 1.5 Bitcoin

Could you please post a link to the thread, some form of proof of payment (e.g. screenshot of the payment), etc. so we can verify all this? 

Thanks Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: