Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:44:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin in the future surpass gold?  (Read 18443 times)
melfwaz

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:05:00 AM

I believe that bitcoin is underestimated, I do not claim that it should only grow! But I'm sure that the future is for him! crypto currency in general, and bitcoin in particular - this is digital gold, many people still do not understand this. I'm sure that in ten years it will be so.

In which sense? It's unclear what you mean exactly. In terms of value? It's already past. In terms of use? It's an entirely different thing. In terms of how it's transacted? Again, entirely different. The only comparison you can realistically draw is the use as a hedge. Bitcoin is increasingly becoming more useful for people who want to protect themselves from political instability, trade war, currency devaluation, populism... you name it.
No I don’t think so because gold is gold and no other thing metal or paper money takes place of gold. Gold is original money and the rests are the shapes of money. That’s why I think that bitcoin will never take place of gold. Although it will take over the currency market and people will use it like their regular currency but the gold will be there without changing its value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Primaryio

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:40:02 PM

Well, in many ways, gold and Bitcoin are similar except that gold has passed the test of time while Bitcoin is in its infancy as a universal currency. Some experts are examining the possibility that Bitcoin could surpass gold as the most trusted fall back commodity. I think it is possible.
Doyenuklirblok6

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:20:13 PM

bitcoin and gold are very good investments, will bitcoin surpass gold? the answer is, can! why is that possible? indeed the price of bitcoin is now decreasing and gold is stable, but one day the price of bitcoin will definitely increase like last year and it can be the same as gold or exceed the price of gold.
goaldigger

Activity: 2338
Merit: 356

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:09:06 PM

Bitcoin and gold are two different things. Its not meant to be compared because it functions differently. Bitcoin is a currency and can be used to purchase items on a small and large scale while gold is an item which increases its value over time and cannot be the medium of exchange. Bitcoin obviously has many functions as gold.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:23:03 AM

I believe that bitcoin is underestimated, I do not claim that it should only grow! But I'm sure that the future is for him! crypto currency in general, and bitcoin in particular - this is digital gold, many people still do not understand this. I'm sure that in ten years it will be so.
The way the price of Bitcoin moves is really crazy and anything can happen. We don’t know that yet, but with Bitcoin being highly volatile I think maybe the price rate for a Bitcoin might surpass the price rate for gold (I don’t really know how they count it for Gold).

And also if that’s ever going to happen know that it’s going to really take a very long time for it to happen, it’s going to be easy and it may never happen.
loverets45

Activity: 82
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:05:02 AM

I think these two things cannot be compared, Gold or Bitcoin all have their own advantages. Particularly than the current Bitcoin is shark manipulation of huge prices, security is not really absolute, there are still hackers. If you want to be safe, i think you must stay with gold. if you go with the modern technology and modern investment plan be with the bitcoin.
In my opinion bitcoin has its own value and gold has its own. These both cannot cut each other. People spend bitcoin and use gold in their routine life. If people have unlimited bitcoin still they will keep gold, because nobody can deny the importance and value of gold. Other thing is that gold is reliable than bitcoin and doesn’t need any internet or blockchain technology.
Sbarif

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:36:23 PM

Btc future is a gold; I believe next year Final year.If now btc is down but next year btc increase.than btc is gold.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:12:42 AM

gold that has a very large inventory and is very easy to obtain so that the price of gold is defeated by the price of bitcoin and that is very likely to happen because you must be able to realize that the total supply of bitcoin is very limited
putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:34:43 AM

I think that could happen because it can be affected by the total supply of bitcoin which is very limited and can also be affected by the very high demand because bitcoin and gold supply is less bitcoin, the gold supply is still a lot and easy to get different from bitcoin it's starting to be very difficult to get.
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:02:49 PM

gold that has a very large inventory and is very easy to obtain so that the price of gold is defeated by the price of bitcoin and that is very likely to happen because you must be able to realize that the total supply of bitcoin is very limited
At present, the value of Bitcoin is huge compared to when it was created and it will be much higher than it is now. But to get Bitcoin out of gold, it's pretty hard because Bitcoin's numbers are so small, so Bitcoin's trading volume is hard to beat.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:15:28 AM

At present, the value of Bitcoin is huge compared to when it was created and it will be much higher than it is now. But to get Bitcoin out of gold, it's pretty hard because Bitcoin's numbers are so small, so Bitcoin's trading volume is hard to beat.

bitcoin is more easier to obtain imo because you can just mine it or buy it and there are also many methods to obtain it like for example working online thru forum ( e.g sig campaigns , bounties , airdrops , faucets , etc )

while gold cannot be easily buy and it is also rare to find a seller that sells an actual gold chunks .  gold is also minable but it is hard to mine a gold these days because there are now a lot of miners .  mining a gold do also require a special equipment not unlike to mining a btc which you can use several devices .
shanghai

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:03:18 PM

At present, the value of Bitcoin has exceeded that of gold. Gold is a valuable asset and is only used as jewelry, but Bitcoin is a widely used currency in the means of payment.
Iwabe

Activity: 74
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:27:43 PM

bitcoin can't be compared to gold, because gold and bitcoin are different, gold can be called a precious metal and physical form while bitcoin is only a tool for payment and can also be made an investment, I prefer both as my future investment
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:56:07 AM

to surpass the price of gold, of course, bitcoin can because bitcoin has a very limited total supply but has very high demand so that it will affect the price of bitcoin and it will be easy to exceed the price of gold which is still very much and very easy to find.
jeepuerit

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:33:33 AM

I think we can not tell how Bitcoin reaches its price, he can surpass the price of gold, because while bitcoin is taking up, we will not know in the next few years how much price it will cost a bitcoin.
joyclicks

Activity: 64
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:46:06 AM

If you asked about the price of bitcoin and gold, then bitcoin has already surpass gold but it is clear that bitcoin will never replace gold. People trust in gold the most and bitcoin is internet based currency. If tomorrow there would no internet there would be any bitcoin. I don’t think that there would be anybody in the world that does not hold gold, but how many people have bitcoin?

FANFARE ◄◄◄◄ The World’s First Blockchain-Powered Social Commerce Community►►►► (https://tokensale.fanfare.global/)
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:52:30 AM

The time of bitcoin will come and it will cost quite expensive, he first showed how people themselves can attach value and jointly regulate a lot
IndeecV

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 03:51:16 AM

Bitcoin has the basic properties of gold. A limited amount, convenience of calculations and value, that is, liquidity. Therefore, it can.
Of course, you can't make jewelery out of it, but in the future in virtual reality we will probably see a necklace of bitcoins)
nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:54:16 AM

Gold and bitcoin actually have different forms and gold already existed when antiquity lost, gold is also often used from antiquity until now there is also gold bitcoin is still often used for transactions, so in my opinion for this bitocin price might rival the price of gold but I'm sure it won't last long because the demand is more gold than bitcoin.
Ganbound

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:23:57 AM

I think that could happen because it can be affected by the total supply of bitcoin which is very limited and can also be affected by the very high demand because bitcoin and gold supply is less bitcoin, the gold supply is still a lot and easy to get different from bitcoin it's starting to be very difficult to get.
Gold has its own value and it is the real money in the world. The rests are paper money, fiat money and digital money. These kinds of money do not take place of gold. If you give an option to a person what he want to take, gold or cryptocurrency, he would definitely choose gold, because it is actual money, while bitcoin has its own benefits and importance but not like gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: