Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Security.....  (Read 168 times)
francesyrus (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:42:22 AM

I don't know if it is the right thread to post this one. I have heard that some btt accounts have been hacked and one of those is a friend of mine and it happen to be a hero account. Do you think adding more security to our account must be done here in our forum? Maybe 2fa, email confirmation and/or sms confirmation.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dungdugg

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:08:24 AM

Be careful about security if you do not want to lose what you have. I have a friend who has lost a lot because of hacking
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:51:45 AM
Merited by electronicash (1)

This has been discussed multiple times in Meta aection. But let me give you my opinion. Actually the security of this forum is totally secured. No one can hack your account unless those hackers already got your password. The safety of your account depends on how you take good care of your private information such as passwords and of course avoiding malicious sites than can compromised your account.

These "hacked accounts" issues lately are not actually hackers hacked your friends account. I'm pretty sure that they are just victim of Phishing which only happens if you went to a malicious website or fake website of Bitcointalk which is the owner's fault. A lot of members are already here years ago even me and as you can see, we didn't encountered such security issues. All I'm telling is the security of the forum is working fine and there's no much problem about it. About the 2fa, it would be a great idea. But Admin has some reasons why not implementing it (who knows, time will come and it will be implemented).

Just let me give you these advice to avoid being hacked.
  • Make sure that your password is strong that uses a combination of Capital letters and numbers not just password like "123456789", but it's up to you.
  • Don't just click unknown links especially sent through PM from unknown users.
  • Use some trusted third party security like Malwarebytes, it will help you detect some hidden virus from your pc that may cause to get your personal information and it also detects phishing sites.
  • This is obviously, Don't just give your password to anybody.
  • Take good care of your account.

These are just some tips to make your account secured. There are still a lot of ways to do to enhance security.

One more thing, be careful when filling up Airdrops forms. I have some feeling that they're putting phishing on them and usually the victims are Bounty hunters. If you're a bounty hunter, then you know what to do.

404 Not Found
Buntel168

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:58:19 AM

This has been discussed multiple times in Meta aection. But let me give you my opinion. Actually the security of this forum is totally secured. No one can hack your account unless those hackers already got your password. The safety of your account depends on how you take good care of your private information such as passwords and of course avoiding malicious sites than can compromised your account.

These "hacked accounts" issues lately are not actually hackers hacked your friends account. I'm pretty sure that they are just victim of Phishing which only happens if you went to a malicious website or fake website of Bitcointalk which is the owner's fault. A lot of members are already here years ago even me and as you can see, we didn't encountered such security issues. All I'm telling is the security of the forum is working fine and there's no much problem about. About the 2fa, it would be a great idea. But Admin has some reasons why not implementing it (who knows, time will come and it will be implemented).

Just let me give you these advice to avoid being hacked.
  • Make sure that your password is strong that uses a combination of Capital letters and numbers not just password like "123456789", but it's up to you.
  • Don't just click unknown links especially sent through PM from unknown users.
  • Use some trusted third party security like Malwarebytes, it will help you detect some hidden virus from your pc that may cause to get your personal information and it also detects phishing sites.
  • This is obviously, Don't just give your password to anybody.
  • Take goodncare of your account.

These are just some tips to make your account secured. There are still a lot of ways to do to enhance security.

One more thing, be careful when filling up Airdrops forms. I have some feeling that they're putting phishing on them and usually the victims are Bounty hunters. If you're a bounty hunter, then you know what to do.
Thank for this post, this is very useful and give me advice to be more careful in maintaining my account.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Gururapyco

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:00:44 AM

I think it's good to set as many precautions as possible. 2fa and sms confirmations are a good way to secure your account, but at first take care of your password. It should be quite hard and never qiven out to anyone.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:08:07 AM

I agree with you we need more security app to be incorporated within the bitcointalk account. If @FA will not be possible i think e-mail confirmation code will not be bad. Hijacking an account that has been build over some time is painful. Let the moderators carry our message to the administrators. Let something be done about the security system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: