Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:03:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC and Airdrop Token  (Read 1533 times)
Good Bo

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:27:19 AM

I really don't understand why people still continue to join airdrops that will give you in best case less than 5-6$ in coins..... and asking for KYC is absurd!

Agree with you, I mean people give their privacy such as identity, bank utilities, etc. Just for coins worth $5 ? that's freaking insane
Actually i also have the same opinion. Actually i dont like to do kyc at all although for bounty but the problem is i can not get token if i dont do the kyc. I do kyc if the bounty reward worth to do kyc but if only 5 or 10 dollars, i will not do kyc at all. Its too bad to do it.
podidhana

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:28:18 AM

I really like Airdrop event. We can collect free tokens from the Airdrops. Personally, I already do a lot of airdrops and Now I have a Hundred plus type of tokens. Few tokens have a value and some tokens haven't value because it's not yet listing to the exchange. KYC is really important to ICOs and bounty. But now KYC needed to some Airdrops. I think it is a bad decision because there is a lot of scammers. So maybe they can steal your documents. Be careful.
Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:29:19 AM

Recently, some airdrops require identification documents to be uploaded before airdrop tokens are distributed. Emails are sent as a reminder to complete the KYC process.  Share your thought on this issue

KYC and airdrop tokens have no positive correlation. KYC stands for Know Your Customers, airdroppers are not customers, they are just people who receive free tokens by way of filling forms or campaigning for the ICO.
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:31:24 AM

KYC is becoming very reasonable now, not just on airdrop, bounty and giveaway now many are asking for KYC. just follow this is only part of the procedure to get the token, nothing wrong from this.
Temibest2

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:34:38 AM

Let us first understand what KYC is all about. KYC is the full meaning of Know Your Customers. It's a way of identifying your customers and knowing their full details. While a customer is someone is patronizes his/her client with a view of transacting business with him/her. In this case airdroppers are not customers or clients, why should be asked to pass KYC before receiving a free token?
blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 10:36:24 AM

Personally, I would not go to a KYC process for an airdrop... There are a lot of scammy projects that I don't trust with my ID

billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:38:05 AM

I will skip all the airdrop need to pass KYC, there are many frauds in crypto, any way participated in airdrop is unprofitable, it worthless and waste your time, I would like to spend some time review the promising ICO than airdrop.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Phil315

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:39:02 AM

Recently, some airdrops require identification documents to be uploaded before airdrop tokens are distributed. Emails are sent as a reminder to complete the KYC process.  Share your thought on this issue

Tell the token owners to keep their airdrop token. I will never do any KYC shit for an airdrop that may probably be shit or scam itself.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:41:16 AM

Don't join on such airdrops because they maybe used for some illegal activities,It is okay to provide the basic details to confirm the real identity of the person but asking all the all the documents about us looks like data pulling and these informations will be shared to someone to make money.And finally airdrops are useless they are not going to give any tokens which has value so better stop them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
omedian

Activity: 265

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:41:36 AM

I don't think that the KYC procedure is needed for Airdrops, but it may be useful for Bounty Campaigns, this measure will help to prevent cheating/multi accounting.

Esiky

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:45:06 AM

At the moment it is quite normal, it gives investors peace of mind like trading exchange
Often projects that capture KYC are always good projects and never scam investors. I just think so.
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:00:01 AM

I had the only successful airdrop, in which I passed the procedure kyc, it was Polymath. It really was worth it because I earned about   
$ 350 on it. And today's airdrops are probably not worth our attention, as many are scammers.
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:04:24 AM

KYC is not required for an airdrop. They need KYC if there are too many cheaters in their airdrop system. But if they ask you KYC right at the registration, I advise you to stay away from it. Because your personal papers may be for sale for a variety of uses
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:08:21 AM

KYC in processes that have nothing to do with payments is a complete violation of human rights. This should not be the case, and moderators or advisers should do the same. But this is just a conversation and only my opinion.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:11:24 AM

Interesting when everyone here is talking that they will not provide their ID when it is required by aidrop, but I think that they do that  Grin Almost everyone who is doing airdrops believes that he will earn a lot of money and will do almost everything for that Cheesy.

redcandy

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:17:09 AM

I really don't understand why people still continue to join airdrops. Some ask for KYC only to avoid multi accounts. For airdrop I will not submit KYC
Cryptomonyet

Activity: 1610

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:53:09 AM

This is simply to avoid farming account if the project is legit or they just want to stole our data (if they are scammers). Most of airdrop participant is do KYC because of ppl who known as ( Clickbaiters ) that said you'll receive big amount if you passed kyc and using their refferal ( Onfortunately it's only make the refferer rich ). I even almost see this everyday, so sad  Sad
Btcshawn2017

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:12:17 PM

That's the right thing to do have to ensure the validity of participants in receiving there rewards.
takngantuk

Activity: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 12:19:43 PM

Recently, some airdrops require identification documents to be uploaded before airdrop tokens are distributed. Emails are sent as a reminder to complete the KYC process.  Share your thought on this issue

provide personal data only for airdrop? does not seem worth it to me.
when new blockchain is introduced, we receive coins from airdrops free without any conditions. and my advice is better do not give your data only for airdrops because of the big risk
4ernuy

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 12:21:35 PM

Do not participate in such campaigns, they just need your data. Your documents will be used for their purposes.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: