Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING stay away from self moderated topics  (Read 1921 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:43:53 PM

WARNING

The guys that create new forum accounts for each new coin they post here daily are now making their topics self moderated
and deleting any comment that criticizes them or ask them any tough questions.
people who have nothing to hide don't.

what this means is you guys can NOW be tricked and scammed and bullshitted far worse than ever before.

i would like the Staff here to make a new rule banning the use of self moderated topics for new coin launches.

can i get some support for that idea people ?

come on guys.. show me you care about this stuff and you want to make it better..
and not provide a scammer *protected playground !

Who is with me ? Who will agree we need to ban "self moderated" ANN topics ?

If this carries on i will have to start upping my game.. be warned i have tried hard to play nice so far Wink
You have not seen "Troll" yet lol

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Surfactant

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Coffee is for closers

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:48:48 PM

Agreed.  If the posting of opinions is controlled by the person announcing the coin, then all other information contained in said thread should be considered garbage.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:50:40 PM

Stop deleting my comment !
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:52:44 PM

it goes the other way tho - we don't want FUD spreaders for every new coin also. the doge people were really bad against old/new coins.
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

Bitcointalk should remove the altcoin section or they should make minimum requirements to posts coins.

We as a community should also take our responsibility to ask devs a lot of questions like:

Who are you dev?
what is the goal for your coin?
Is there a plan to get them on exchanges etc ect.

Let's end the useless coins explosion!
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:48:29 PM

I agree with all the points that you have pointed out.

New-coins + self moderated + Newbie accounts = 90% scam + paypal = 100% scam. 

Mods should be aggressive by looking through all the new alt coins popping in and out.

When a new person from the community gets scammed for example, it does not only hurt that altcoin but the whole bitcoin community. That new person might not invest in bitcoin anymore and spread negative feedback overall to crypto community.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:49:58 PM

Make a judgement call. It's easy to see the scamcoins from the rest, moderated thread or not. Just use your judgement.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
bano.pait

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:54:22 PM

support
Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:14:03 PM

Maybe bitcointalk can help with a lot more altcoin moderators. They should be active trust able community members.

Maybe it's a good idea to lock the ann topic. New devs should identify themselves to bitcointalk moderators before the new [ann] is made.

I see no difference in stealing from miners/investors or stealing stuff from a store.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:19:45 PM

Make a judgement call. It's easy to see the scamcoins from the rest, moderated thread or not. Just use your judgement.

ya exactly like hey why do we need rules saying we're not allowed to shoot people in the head right ? just use your common sense..
i will of course remind you if ya ever get shot what you said though..
that logic reminds me of all the little whiny cry babies bitching about GOX and how they want the cops involved etc..
what they are saying is my coins are trapped on an exchange so where is my regulation ? other wise i am against regulation lol
hypocrits .

and to that other guy i think your full of shit and most fud is people calling out coin spammers for the cold hard facts that are very provable.
and so what if someone does spread so called FUD after all there should be doubt and uncertainty and fear of losing your money.
hey it works both ways.. if coin spammers are permitted to make infinite accounts and make infinite new coin posts with no rules
then why are we restricted to what we can say about them ? that whole freedom routine works both ways..

and saying oh well it should be common sense is a load of bs too.. how many of you can code ? and how many of you look at wallet or miner source code ?
and i have spotted brand new malware posted online for crypto related miners and programs etc and now its going to just get deleted if i catch them and warn people..
making excuses for thieves to steal from people and to victimize people at will is sick !

and i don't want to hear well report them to the scammer section because that is a compete time consuming waste of time..
a coin get downlaoded and take off before a report can even be typed up..

Let me give you guys an example, one of the coins i criticized yesterday was released with a glaring and obvious problem that i think people missed
because some of the other problems stuck out too much and that was the guy only released a coin with a wallet.exe and no source code
and i was the only one who said anything about that.. it's a warning sign that a lot of new guys may never even notice until it's far too late.

Having to put up with some so called fud is a fair price to pay to remove the ability for these scammers to
have a protected environment where they can spam new releases by the hour non stop overwhelming any fud or complaints
and having the ability to do it all in anonymity and at worst any guy that had a virus posted here simply had his topic deleted
and he was free to keep doing it to this day !

anyway clock is ticking.. fix this shit

if this or something doesn't change and fast i will have to modify how i handle these scammers.
you think i was a horrible monster before while i was on my perfect angel best behavior ?

and any hostility i may have is directed to the obvious and blatant scammers that never let up and they know who they are
and i will destroy them so watch your ass scammers.. i am evil and i am nasty and i have far too much free time on my hands and plenty of resources at my disposal.
Consider it war.. it's on scammers / coin cloners

Hmm i think I'll go grab some full names and report some Github users for fraud and maybe some of these guys isp's and maybe make some reports to "the authorities"
I'm not going to reason with them all anymore.. your going down and i will hit you were it hurts and i will play dirty as much as i can about it too.. I've had enough.
I need to think of some new ways to sink to their level and get as scummy and dirty and weazly as they are.. tried one way time to go the other way now.

hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:21:46 PM

A good example is Etherium or whatever they call that JPM scum coin. I asks some reasonable questions to them and they deleted them...

Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:26:04 PM

you have a spelling error, the thread title should read "WARNING stay away from Spoetnik moderated topics"

Bfljosh

Skol!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:39:09 PM

you have a spelling error, the thread title should read "WARNING stay away from Spoetnik moderated topics"

Is this your level of intellect? Really?
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:13:20 PM

Is this your level of intellect? Really?

No, Sputniks mom helped me with that one, lower your expectations a notch from that post & you've got my intellect. Also, this is all Google spell check right here!

campeck

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:43:53 PM

There are just as many people who will falsely label a coin a SCAMCOIN IN HUGE RED FONT
and actually blackmail the Devs and if they don't payup they create a thread about how that coin is a scam and spam scam everywhere. Remember LeoC?

So just use your best judgement. If you are in a coin for a pump and dump you better be equally prepared to be dumped on as pumped....

Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:19:43 PM

& on a serious note, trying to censor or curb this altcoin explosion is a sad waste of anyone's time. It's the equivalent of Google attempting to prevent scammers, spammers & morons from creating & posting videos on YouTube. Altcoins are just like YouTube videos, some go viral, most sputter with a few hundred views. The inherent laws of the universe will rule in the end no matter what people try to do to get in the way.

Another comparison for those of u old enough to wipe is Google VS Yahoo
Yahoo actually was the premiere place to find information on the internet in the late 90's, while Google was nothing more than a huge cesspool of web junk. Yahoo banked on having people actually indexing, sorting thru, moderating & censoring the information available to them in the hopes of creating a clean, trustworthy place for information. Google's idea was to use algorithms to find relevant information inside that cesspool, a form of censorship one could argue, but instead of playing mall cop at the door, WASTING TIME DENYING PEOPLE INCLUSION TO THEIR DATABASE, they had the good sense to know you cannot prevent people from trying, & simply chose to pick & choose what information to highlight from that massive place we call the interwebz.
Today, its clear which approach worked.

Bitcointalk is but a tool in all this, nobody knows what our toolbox will consist of next year. I'm excited to be a part of all this & I know you guys are too or you wouldn't be here in the first place, cheers!

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:20:33 PM

A good example is Etherium or whatever they call that JPM scum coin. I asks some reasonable questions to them and they deleted them...

Don't need to be a genius to know Etherium is an investor trap.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:32:11 PM

i've never had one your trolling says it all.. congrats

markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:35:40 PM

i've never had one your trolling says it all.. congrats

Although the way he put it was immature, I don't feel that the community needs further moderation...

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:50:15 PM

& on a serious note, trying to censor or curb this altcoin explosion is a sad waste of anyone's time. It's the equivalent of Google attempting to prevent scammers, spammers & morons from creating & posting videos on YouTube. Altcoins are just like YouTube videos, some go viral, most sputter with a few hundred views. The inherent laws of the universe will rule in the end no matter what people try to do to get in the way.

Another comparison for those of u old enough to wipe is Google VS Yahoo
Yahoo actually was the premiere place to find information on the internet in the late 90's, while Google was nothing more than a huge cesspool of web junk. Yahoo banked on having people actually indexing, sorting thru, moderating & censoring the information available to them in the hopes of creating a clean, trustworthy place for information. Google's idea was to use algorithms to find relevant information inside that cesspool, a form of censorship one could argue, but instead of playing mall cop at the door, WASTING TIME DENYING PEOPLE INCLUSION TO THEIR DATABASE, they had the good sense to know you cannot prevent people from trying, & simply chose to pick & choose what information to highlight from that massive place we call the interwebz.
Today, its clear which approach worked.

Bitcointalk is but a tool in all this, nobody knows what our toolbox will consist of next year. I'm excited to be a part of all this & I know you guys are too or you wouldn't be here in the first place, cheers!

replace what you started to say with..

"& on a serious note, trying to censor or curb this." User base (all of us)

get it ? i take it no because i have as usual re-explained myself over and over as i always do here.
if you disagree fine but its clear people rarely get the message i am trying to convey.

on a serious not trying to censor any criticism of coins that are posted no matter how valid is what ? that in your minds sounds fair ?
it's fair they can post shit.. complete fucking shit with no consequences what so ever and we are not allowed to say anything about it ?
how in gods name is this shit not brutally obvious ? it make me wonder if some of you out there even know what is happening just below the surface.
i bet some of you are so naive you think each one of the random new forum accounts is a new person lol

like it or not life is full of rules and if we didn't get together to agree on them, we would not function at all what so ever..
imagine no stop lights or jumbo jets flying when and where they want.. your logic here sounds like you are reaching to justify protecting them for strange reason
when anyone with common sense should see we the users are more important than providing a stage for scammers to scam.

anyway i expect nothing.. the staff here won't do shit and the usual lippy brats will troll on me etc etc
but i will demonstrate how much of an evil asshole i am ..so far i have been nice
and by the way since sooooo many of you felt it was necessary to attack me personally in any coin related discussions
i will now officially be coming after you *personally in return.. it's only fair.
Blowing smoke ? nope.... i have already started to hunt some of you little scammer pricks and
their supporters and have full names and address and phone numbers already.. buckle up it's going to get interesting i can assure you all Smiley

oh and Bitcointalk if you were smart you would protecting yourself from legal action..
Providing a protected environment for scammers to scam anonymously will only get ignored by authorities for so long..
many places across the world are changing things up face to protect them selves legally in relation to Bitcoin in case you all didn't notice.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: