Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:27:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: not calling DEBITUM NETWORK a scam (yet)...but it doesnt look good  (Read 139 times)
soulcancer (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:14:34 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 11:02:25 PM by soulcancer

I bought a bit of DEB during the ico...not as much as I spend at the bar in a weekend, but enough to watch it...I  have found that since ico end (feb25) almost the entire debitum network thread is just sock puppets copy/pasting shit from telegram and reddit

tientien22
maardhayrule
chayantoon
yassinebenouhoud 11
kevinantonio  10
pacamobradillo 10  
rayazasheva 10
sunshinelavapie
andiagung 10
storfox
camargoherrera  10
eduardocastellano

here are some of the accounts involved and their merit level...all of these accounts were created within one hour of each other, they all post consecutively on whatever thread on which they post, and they always post copy/paste shit from telegram or reddit, then hero and legendary members will come along and quote them and respond with some unrelated garbage....I cant say that DEB is a scam YET, but this shit does NOT look good for them...I have reported the above accounts, but nothing seems to have been done

if nothing else, can we try to do something about the sockpuppets?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:23:28 AM

I don't know how it can be verified that the posts are definitely copied from the telegram group, since it is a closed group. I believe you, though. Even if they are not a scam, they are still using sockpuppets to advertise their ICO.

Could you link some of the posts that you you have screenshots of though? I'm having trouble finding the posts.

The accounts that you listed are all created at around the same time, and have a similar history. I wouldn't be surprised if they were alts.

Bumping these ANN threads with alt accounts or using a paid service is not only banned by forum rules, it also shows that they have no means of generating organic interest, and have to constantly bump up their thread to garner a tiny bit of public interest, which generally means that their project is not worth investing in or just a scam.

Good finds.
soulcancer (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:39:24 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 02:05:23 AM by soulcancer

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2321064.1180

here is one...but quite literally, about 75-80% of the post ico thread is sockpuppets....including several hero and legendary members...look through and you will see the pattern of all of those listed posting unrelated shit one after the other

btw...these all appear to be accounts related to the above:

termion
AndrewBUD
freedomgo
khala 10
psp_
I3arni
wnj4

anyone that you see posting this "Debitum token is an utility token, not a security. So it will not give passive income or dividends. It will be used in ecosystem and its value will grow due to development and expansion of Debitum Network." is definitely bogus...this is the stock answer given by the telegram admin when someone asks about making money from loaning tokens... and it appears several times in the thread for no reason
soulcancer (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:09:17 PM

bumping for the common good
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:25:13 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2321064.1180

here is one...but quite literally, about 75-80% of the post ico thread is sockpuppets....including several hero and legendary members...look through and you will see the pattern of all of those listed posting unrelated shit one after the other

btw...these all appear to be accounts related to the above:

termion
AndrewBUD
freedomgo
khala 10
psp_
I3arni
wnj4

anyone that you see posting this "Debitum token is an utility token, not a security. So it will not give passive income or dividends. It will be used in ecosystem and its value will grow due to development and expansion of Debitum Network." is definitely bogus...this is the stock answer given by the telegram admin when someone asks about making money from loaning tokens... and it appears several times in the thread for no reason

Seems like it. That is probably the stock copy paste answer to questions about Debitum tokens.

I found 2 people posting the same thing:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2321064.msg33638837#msg33638837
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2321064.msg31518793#msg31518793

And surprise, surprise, tientien22 was listed as one of the sock puppets in the OP, and here he/she is just copy pasting the generic answer given on Telegram.

I think it's safe to say that this is a project to avoid now. There is simply too many sockpuppets for this to be legitimate. The thread is probably inflated easily 2-3x in size and interest just because these sockpuppets have been bumping the thread up.

Plus, their intro video seemed really vague as well. Don't invest in their ICO, please.
soulcancer (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:36:42 PM

thanks for looking into it...I already bought in for about 0.3eth back in feb when I was in ico mode for some reason...no big deal, I wont starve...just want to make sure that others don't get sucked in for big money....as I said in the title, im not calling DEB a scam...I cant say that for sure, it could be that its just a shitty project and someone has invested heavily and is bumping it to help their investment...either way, there are plenty of others to invest in that don't look so worrisome...what really concerns me about what ive seen is all of the hero and legendary member accounts that are being used
Broscience

Activity: 44
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:21:32 AM

Nothing surprising. Every ICO pumped by Jsnip4 and Clif High ended up people losing 90 % of their investment. Clif High had Debitum in his web bot report so you know it was a paid shill. And right now what is going on in their thread is just another of their poor efforts to increase the price of the coin. Fortunately people are not stupid to fall for it again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: