Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everything you need to know about HP 1200W server PSU DPS-1200FB  (Read 541 times)
vmozara (OP)

Activity: 190
Merit: 59

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 09:54:13 AM

It is now more than a year since I opened this post, so here are few more experiences.

1. One PSU died on me because i was constantly cycling the power (like hundreds of times). After it happened to me, i learned that if the rig has an issue, visit the actual rig and fix in place instead fucking it remotely

2. Tried to reverse cooling fan flow direction. When loaded PSU with 1200W of load, it shut down few minutes later on over temperature. Fan didn't speed up, because when reversing the flow, you are screwing up with temperature sensor that relies on correct air flow direction

3. Difference between PD11 and PD19 is about 30-50W of power which they take from the wall, when loaded to the maximum

4. I had many of these PSUs working in overload (1350-1400W from the wall) and while they sounded like SpaceX rocket launch, they never failed.

5. When used with Octominer board (minin riserless board) I used 2 PSUs in parallel. One was powering 4 Vega, and other 4 Vega and a motherboard. There were no issues and system works perfectly like that, but i noticed that plugs that power the motherboard heat more than usual. Maybe due some voltage differences there are some currents flowing where they should not. I now use 3 pcie cables to power the motherboard. Already working like that for half a year on 4 rigs.

Overall, I love these PSUs. Small, powerful and efficient, perfect solution for rigs with mining motherboards that can be powered only by pcie cables.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: