Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:37:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ant miner s1 - connection timed out?  (Read 1092 times)
against88 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:19:11 AM

Hello,
I've tried searching, but perhaps I'm the only one who missed something that obvious.

I've reconfigured my laptop to use the settings as my s1 (192.168.1.xxx) and can confirm that in ipconfig.
But when I try to bring up the specific s1 ip address, it takes a minute or so and says connection time out.

I've disabled wifi and blue tooth.
When I remove the Ethernet cable from laptop or s1, LAN verifies the missing connection.
When I had the laptop on the wrong sub domain (sub gate? The .1. In the IP), the browser didn't time out so I'm closer.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:00:22 AM

Hello,
I've tried searching, but perhaps I'm the only one who missed something that obvious.

I've reconfigured my laptop to use the settings as my s1 (192.168.1.xxx) and can confirm that in ipconfig.
But when I try to bring up the specific s1 ip address, it takes a minute or so and says connection time out.

I've disabled wifi and blue tooth.
When I remove the Ethernet cable from laptop or s1, LAN verifies the missing connection.
When I had the laptop on the wrong sub domain (sub gate? The .1. In the IP), the browser didn't time out so I'm closer.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

First make sure your laptop ipv4 settings are correct.

Use an ip address like 192.168.1.254
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1

Then connect to your miners IP that is written on the sticker.

If you can't connect to that ip use advance ip scanner to scan your network to find the miners ip.

against88 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:22:13 PM

thanks S4!

running advanced ip scanner, i found out that someone re-addressed the IP for my miner.
and apparently had their pool, username, and password in the settings.
which is a bit off putting since i bought this "new".
luckily for greater ninja, my memory is pretty bad and i didn't write down any of that info.

switched everything over to my router's default setting and i'm off and mining.
looks like my hash is pretty low (via slush's account info) , but it keeps jumping up every few minutes, so hopefully its just coming up to speed.
looking directly at the antminer gui, hashrates are great.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:33:11 PM

thanks S4!

running advanced ip scanner, i found out that someone re-addressed the IP for my miner.
luckily for greater ninja, my memory is pretty bad and i didn't write down any of that info.

looks like my hash is pretty low (via slush's account info) , but it keeps jumping up every few minutes, so hopefully its just coming up to speed.

All miners come "pre-tested" Wink

It will take some time (not long) but your hashrates will get to normal.
It takes some time for the pool to determine your actual hashing speed.

Anyways, enjoy Smiley

darcimer

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:35:51 PM

thanks S4!

You can check your real hashrate on the miners interface, Slush's will only report an average hashrate, that's why it's always climbing every time you refresh.
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:27:36 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 06:39:07 PM by greaterninja

thanks S4!

Hello against88,

Another IP and the correct IP should have been written on the other side of the AntMiner.  We do this for easy setup.
Most Units from China are re-tested to ensure they function properly.   We have had issues with fans not working and cables being disconnected and controller boards un-mounted.
This is what is done in China and in the USA to deliver a functioning product as much as possible.

Very Respectfully,

GreaterNinja
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: