BITCOIN QUOTATIONS

<< < (3/3)

MICRO:
“The Bitcoin actually has the balance and incentives right and that is why it is starting to take off.” - Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks

“While the freedom Bitcoin promises is an illusion, it’s one that will always have a grip on the human mind – the dream of finding some kind of talisman, a benevolent tyrant or a magical new technology that can shelter us from power and crime and protect us from each other.” - John N Gray, political philosopher

“The relative success of the bitcoin proves that money first and foremost depends on trust. Neither gold nor bonds are needed to back up a currency.” - Arnon Grunberg, Writer

MICRO:
Quote from: francisp on February 21, 2014, 07:16:25 PM

“The next step in human evolution would be a race that could put their trust in each other, not in their rulers or politicians.” - S.E. SEVER, Writer

I don't see how that relates to Bitcoin, as one of the main points of Bitcoin is that it allows financial transactions WITHOUT putting trust in another person or institution.

Good point there. That was taken from his article about Bitcoin, he meant that with Bitcoin we only deal with each other, no third-party, no governments, no banks. But when u look at it that way , it actually rely doesn't makes sense since Bitcoin doesn't even needs trust , let alone banks or third-parties :D 

MICRO:
“The governments of the world have spent hundreds and hundreds of trillions of dollars bailing out a decaying, dickensian, outmoded system called banking, when the solution to the future of finance is peer-to-peer. It’s going to be alternative currencies like bitcoin and it’s not actually going to be a banking system as we had before 2008.” - Patrick Young, Financial analyst

“Gold is a great way to preserve wealth but it is hard to move around. You do need some kind of alternative and it fits the bill. I’m not surprised to see that happening.” - James G. Rickards, American lawyer, economist, and investment banker

“Bitcoin is getting there but it’s not there yet. When it gets there, expect governments to panic and society to be reshaped into something where governments cannot rely on taxing income nor wealth for running their operations.” - Rickard Falkvinge, Founder of the Swedish Pirate Party

steeev:
Quote from: MICRO on February 21, 2014, 07:11:28 PM

Quote from: CryptoPanda on February 21, 2014, 06:58:18 PM

"Can I buy tomatoes with those bitcoins? Then why dafuq I need it?"
Anonymous

Wow... :D that's a good one !!! :) Wonder who that Anonymous person is :D .

why Andreas M Anonymous, of course... 8 )

apsvinet:
Bitcoin is the best thing to happen since the invention of KFC - Albert Einstein.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page