Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any website out there to keep track of trade orders  (Read 255 times)
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3611

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 04:27:45 PM

It is best to do a Google search for all possible options and then you can ask the members of the forum about the evaluation of the platform that you have chosen.
These are my favorite options:

- Gem >> https://gem.co/: Free, there are all coins/fiat, easy interface, requires the creation of one account and synchronization between accounts, linking API and other things.
 - blockfolio>> https://blockfolio.com/: A well-known application, one of the best mobile tracking software, the only drawback is that you need to add platforms manually.
 - cointracking>> https://cointracking.info/: Tax feature.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 03:46:25 AM

I have just started trading and was looking for some platform to keep track of my trades to see if I made profits or losses in the long run.
There are some portfolio managers, but they just track the different crypto coins and their current prices.

Is there any such tool or just google sheets that you are aware of that might be of help to me?

Using a separate platform to track all your trades is an additional hassle which is unnecessary. If you are just starting to trade then you probably are using only an exchange platform or two, and are trading a handful of pairs. I guess it is not hard to monitor your trades from the platforms themselves because they are limited in numbers as you are just starting. If you prefer, a google sheet is enough. 
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 10:15:37 AM

I have just started trading and was looking for some platform to keep track of my trades to see if I made profits or losses in the long run.
There are some portfolio managers, but they just track the different crypto coins and their current prices.

Is there any such tool or just google sheets that you are aware of that might be of help to me?

Using a separate platform to track all your trades is an additional hassle which is unnecessary. If you are just starting to trade then you probably are using only an exchange platform or two, and are trading a handful of pairs. I guess it is not hard to monitor your trades from the platforms themselves because they are limited in numbers as you are just starting. If you prefer, a google sheet is enough. 

It's really important, as we are too busy to know all what we have made during the day, so, I keep tract with my trading too using google sheet, with this I can be able to modify  it anytime, and I can check from time to time when I am at  home, but when I am out and I do plot trading for today, then, I used tab trader.

Whether you are new in trading or you are expert, it is always important to tract your trades, in any form of tracking you may do it at your preference, what matters is that you are using some of it, so you can monitor well.

drmutz

Activity: 39
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 11:05:02 PM

I'd like to suggest that you take a look at bookwerx. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5197686.0

The foundation of any financial analysis starts with proper bookkeeping of the underlying transactions. There is a tried-n-true method literally a mere few centuries old, called double-entry bookkeeping (the debits and credits thingy) that does this. The various crypto sites that I've ever seen apparently view bookkeeping as a nuisance that distracts them from their primary goal.  So whatever balance inquiry/transaction history/financial analyses features they offer are at best random fragments of information.

With bookwerx you can define the currencies and accounts that you use and then enter transactions using the double-entry bookkeeping system.  The advantage of doing this is that said model just happens to align well with the reality of recording financial transactions.  If you study this, you will find that you can record the information about accounts that you need, and then later retrieve useful information such as balances, profits-n-losses, and transaction history.

As a learning exercise I encourage you to try this with spreadsheets and/or home-grown methods.  You'll quickly discover that there are some nettle-some issues in this seemingly simple task that will quickly choke lesser methods.

Another common woe with any crypto market that I've ever seen is their confusion with round-off error.  Sure, price x quantity will frequently give us some round-off error initially.  But once the actual amounts are determined, we want to accurately record all of these f**kin decimal places.  We later want to see all of this in any subsequent reporting.  Even if we want to view fewer decimal places in the UI, we still want some indication that hidden details exist, but are merely suppressed at the moment.  Bookwerx eats this for breakfast.

Bookwerx is implemented as a Restful API.  You GET, POST, PUT, 'n' DELETE what you need to in order to CRUD all the objet d'bookkeeping that are relevant for your use, as well as to extract balance and profit-n-loss info from the resulting collection of information.

Although the API is a great way for your automated processes to interface with bookkwerx, it's not good for human beans.  So bookwerx also includes an example UI at http://23.253.160.60/, that uses the API to do the dirty work.

Good luck with your search for solutions and I encourage you to give bookkwerx a consideration.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: