Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:40:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Unsolved after 70 days] Freewallet.org is a SCAM, do NOT use.  (Read 351 times)
snowjohn (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:08:37 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 09:12:48 PM by snowjohn

TL;DR
Freewallet is a SCAM, don't use.

How they scam people

1. When you deposit large amount of funds to freewallet, they may not credit the funds to your account.

2. When you withdraw your funds, they may fake a transaction and make it look like it's struck on the blockchain.

3. They may block your account, lock you out of their website for your "fund security" or KYC or whatever reason. When you contact them they will ask you to provide identification documents, and after you providing those documents they may stop responding your emails.

When you contact them after you being scammed, they will just keep stalling and tell you that your funds are safe and be patient. Then you have to post on the internet, comment on  their tweets to expose them to try to get your money back. You will waste lots of your time and energy. And you will lose access to your money for couple months or forever.

If unfortunately you're using this wallet now, please withdraw all your coins immediately, while you still can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Post
I made two transactions(3.4985 ETH and 0.001 ETH) to my Freewallet ETH deposit address. The second one(0.001 ETH) was credited to my account quickly after several confirmations. But the first one(3.4985 ETH) was never credited to my Freewallet account.

These are the transactions: https://etherscan.io/address/0x1b11762cead1ba295ab669742ae1084feb61fdd3

After contacting their support they said they will refund my ETH. But they still haven't done that after more than one month.

At first I thought it's just that their tech is shitty. Then I googled "freewallet scam" and found lots of people encountered similar situations. I'm surprised that this website is still alive. Anyone still using this "free wallet" should stop, and send your coins out immediately.

Victims of the Freewallet scam:

So, Freewallet is a 100% SCAM and here is the proof.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7mqsep/so_freewallet_is_a_100_scam_and_here_is_the_proof

Latest on Freewallet scam. FAKE hashes, exchange SHUT DOWN.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/8luls5/latest_on_freewallet_scam_fake_hashes_exchange

Legal action taken against Freewallet scam
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/8k1hbn/legal_action_taken_against_freewallet_scam/

Freewallet Just Stole all of my Money and Access to my Account.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7m01j0/freewallet_just_stole_all_of_my_money_and_access/

Freewallet is SCAM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047087.0

Beware freewallet is a scam wallet !
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4436226.0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates
Update 1
After 46 days, they still haven't give my ETH back.

Update 2
Now they are holding my funds hostage and want me to pay them $30 for a "paid refund".
After 52 days, they still haven't give my ETH back.

Update 3
They said they're ready to refund. But they never do that. They just keep stalling and reply false/irrelevant contents.
After 55 days, they still haven't give my ETH back.

Update 4
I decided to give them $30 for their "paid refund" (which is ridiculous and unacceptable), but let's see if they actually give my money back.
After 64 days, they still haven't give my ETH back.

Update 5
After posting this post, after commenting on their tweets, after more than two month, they finally give most part of my ETH back.
But giving back the stolen money doesn't make a thief not a thief. Giving my ETH back doesn't change that fact that Freewallet is a SCAM.

More
You can google it yourself. freewallet has been scamming people for a long time. They may not credit your funds to your account when you deposit a large amount of funds. When you send/withdraw your funds, they may fake a transaction and makes it look like it's stuck on the blockchain. And they may also lock you out of their website for your "fund security". When you contact them they will ask you to provide identification documents, and they will disappear after you providing those documents.

If there are any chances(say 0.01%) that freewallet is not a scam. Then their service is worse than shit. Either way, using this wallet is not recommended, anyone still using it should stop and send your funds out immediately while you still can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Freewallet

Activity: 553
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:43:33 AM

I made two transactions(3.4985 ETH and 0.001 ETH) to my Freewallet ETH deposit address. The second one(0.001 ETH) was credited to my account quickly after several confirmations. But the first one(3.4985 ETH) was never credited to my Freewallet account.

These are the transactions: https://etherscan.io/address/0x1b11762cead1ba295ab669742ae1084feb61fdd3

After contacting their support they said they will refund my ETH. But they still haven't done that after more than one month.

At first I thought it's just that their tech is shitty. Then I googled "freewallet scam" and found lots of people encountered similar situations. I'm surprised that this website is still alive. Anyone still using this "free wallet" should stop, and send your coins out immediately.

snowjohn, sorry to hear about your issue.

In short, you sent ETH coins to your own wallet address.

First of all, rest assured: your coins are absolutely safe with Freewallet. If the coins are based on Freewallet address, they won't be spent, lost or moved. You can always make sure of it in the blockchain explorer.
We've checked your case and found that you sent your Ethereum transaction to your own Freewallet address. Additional time is required to retrieve these funds from our cold storage and credit to your hot wallet address.
This task is in progress.

All links quoted in this post give a reference to resolved issues (please check their statuses on the referenced websites).

We'll update you on the resolution of your issue.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:10:34 AM

The ETH actually moved 8 days ago.

What does "additional time" means, do I have to wait a few more months to get my money back, while they are "safe" in your "cold storage". Are you going to give me interests.
snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:11:21 PM

What does "additional time" means, do I have to wait a few more months to get my money back, while they are "safe" in your "cold storage". Are you going to give me interests.

snowjohn, please contact the support rep assigned to your ticket by email to proceed further.

You sent crypto to your own address and retrieval of this transaction will take additional time and efforts of our team.

I've read your email. You want me to pay you $30 for my refund.

Can you educate me on "retrieval of this transaction"?

The transaction is not stuck on the blockchain. It's confirmed with more than 200000 block confirmations. And you have already moved my funds from the ETH deposit address. What efforts do you need to retrieve? What are you trying to retrieve?

If you want to scam people, you should do it more professionally.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 06:47:50 AM

snowjohn, please contact the support rep assigned to your ticket by email to proceed further.

You sent crypto to your own address and retrieval of this transaction will take additional time and efforts of our team.

The transaction is not stuck on the blockchain. It's confirmed with more than 200000 block confirmations. And you have already moved my funds from the ETH deposit address. What efforts do you need to retrieve? What are you trying to retrieve?

Dear John,

Of course, the referenced transaction was confirmed by the blockchain.
However, for some reason, it was sent to your own address. This operation was initiated on your side.
Meanwhile, these funds are based on our cold storage address. And yes, to retrieve it, we need to apply certain efforts.

The paid refund option is going to be offered to our customers with similar issues. It's up to you to whether to choose a regular refund or a paid one.
Thank you.

Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
arnelandvik

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:59:34 PM

snowjohn, why did you send your funds to your own address?Huh?
I hope they'll resolve it... Stay calm. What's the point to be aggressive...
snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:04:58 AM

Hi Freewallet,

Yes, I did sent funds(3.4985 ETH) from my freewallet account to my freewallet eth deposit address(0x1B11762cEAD1Ba295aB669742AE1084Feb61Fdd3), And it has been confirmed by the blockchain. So you need to credit the funds to my account. Which you didn't. You deducted 3.4985 ETH from my account, but you did not credit 3.4985 ETH to my account.

The transaction on Jun 25, 2018 (3.4994685 ETH sent from my eth deposit address  0x1B11762cEAD1Ba295aB669742AE1084Feb61Fdd3 to 0x6025d96932d378be7d0a46343b437678a126ecca https://etherscan.io/tx/0x46d0f2cd698f4051ae596fa2f038c96f0b70b83a92cb3442f3b3514705d7d6b6) is not initiated by me. You moved the funds from my ETH deposit address. And since you can move those funds, it means that it's NOT stuck on the blockchain. Any yet you offer me a so-called "Paid Refund" https://freewallet.org/blog/paid-refunds.

So, these are my questions:

1. Are you confused? Or are you trying to confuse others? (This is not a rhetorical question, it's a question.)

2. Since they're not stuck on the blockchain and you've already moved the funds from my ETH deposit address, what efforts exactly do you need to apply.

3. Are you going to give my money back? When can I get my money back?
snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:15:13 AM

snowjohn, why did you send your funds to your own address?Huh?
I hope they'll resolve it... Stay calm. What's the point to be aggressive...

I was just trying to test if everything works fine. Apparently is does not.

The reason for being so aggressive is that from my point of view they are scammers. Any base on the way they handle things they are most likely scammers.
snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:07:20 AM

Dear John,

Of course, the referenced transaction was confirmed by the blockchain.
However, for some reason, it was sent to your own address. This operation was initiated on your side.
Meanwhile, these funds are based on our cold storage address. And yes, to retrieve it, we need to apply certain efforts.

The paid refund option is going to be offered to our customers with similar issues. It's up to you to whether to choose a regular refund or a paid one.
Thank you.

Please answer my questions.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 06:52:25 AM

Dear John,

Your questions have already been addressed:

- Once again, the referenced transaction was confirmed by the blockchain.
- The situation is a result of your own mistake (the transfer to your own address)
- We are ready to refund this transaction and waiting for your confirmation.

We are waiting for your response in the support ticket.
The ticket for your reference is 120123.

Thanks!

snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:50:11 AM

Hi Freewallet,

You did not answer all my questions. You just repeated your false/irrelevant statements.

I sent funds to my deposit address. The transaction is confirmed by the blockchain. So you need to credit the funds to my account. Period.

This is definitely not my mistake. It's your mistake or your intention. It's either a bug in your product, or a feature you use to scam people.

If you're ready to refund. Then just refund. What're you waiting for?

Yes, you have my permission to give my money back.

Thank you.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 12:33:08 PM

Hi Freewallet,

You did not answer all my questions. You just repeated your false/irrelevant statements.

I sent funds to my deposit address. The transaction is confirmed by the blockchain. So you need to credit the funds to my account. Period.

This is definitely not my mistake. It's your mistake or your intention. It's either a bug in your product, or a feature you use to scam people.

Thank you.

Dear John,

What was the purpose of sending funds from your address to your address within the same wallet?
Which operation exactly were you trying to implement?

Freewallet

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 12:44:15 PM

Hi Freewallet,

Thank you.

Dear John,

What was the purpose of sending funds from your first address to another address of yours within the same wallet?
Which operation exactly were you trying to implement?

snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:56:48 PM

Hi freewallet,

Stop replying irrelevant content.

You have my permission to give me my money back.

Please give me my money back.
snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:06:24 AM

Hi Freewallet,

It seems that you really want my $30.

If I give you $30,

Q1: will you give my money back?
Q2: when can I get my money back?

If I do NOT give you $30,

Q3: will you give my money back?
Q4: when can I get my money back?

Please answer all this 4 simple questions.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 10:04:15 AM

We really want to resolve your issue, and it's not about $30. We receive several hundred refund requests every month, which creates additional workload for our technical team.

1. If you choose the paid refund option, your funds will be refunded within 60 days as previously stated.
2. If you choose the free refund option, your funds will be refunded to you, anyway. There is no time frame at all for this refund.

We are still waiting for your reply in order to start the refund process.

snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:47:23 PM

Hi Freewallet,

OK, I choose to give you $30, as I replied in the email, let's see if you actually give my money back.
snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:51:59 AM

After 67 days, they still haven't give my ETH back.
snowjohn (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:13:53 PM

After 70 days, they still haven't give my ETH back.
Freewallet

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 07:49:43 AM

John,

The funds have been transferred to your ETH account upon $30 payment as of yesterday.

We would like to remind you not to try this kind of transaction 'just to see if it works' in the future as, once they've gone through the blockchain, it's difficult for us to retrieve them, even if the funds have gone into our high-security cold storage. Retrieving funds from our cold storage is not a simple action performed in two clicks but requires extra time and work by our employees.

Nonetheless, we are glad you accepted our solution and the funds have been transferred back into your account (please note, your confirmation has gone through on August 25th.

If you have any questions in regards to future transactions or any other concerns, let us know.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: